Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinaldi
Dec 29, 2008
I'm in a somewhat similar situation to Stephen from earlier in the thread. I'd like to get a cheap projector with the intention of using it outdoors at night. I know nothing about projectors.

What's your budget?

No more than $300, but cheaper is better. We won't be using it very often so I don't want to spend too much money on it. It's for a relatively rustic getaway spot that we visit every now and then.

Intended sources -- what are you going to watch/play/do?

Movies, at night. Something to have on while sitting outside with friends or grilling.

How big of a picture do you want? "I don't care/Big" is an acceptable answer

Doesn't really matter that much. I don't need perfect resolution for this purpose. The actual TV in that house is small and ancient so anything is better than that.

Are you going to use a screen? (if you already own a screen, how big/what kind/what gain, if known?)

Probably a sheet strung up between trees or maybe a do-it-yourself screen with a PVC frame.

What are the restrictions, if any, on placement?

Portable. Built-in speakers or a way to easily hook speakers up would be needed.

I have no idea if this is even reasonable or not, so thanks for any advice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU