Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
My fiancee and I are in the middle of purchasing a house. The best part is the basement is finished into a room that is 34x13. Since it's a nice rectangle we're thinking of turning it into a home theater. Recommendation here is the BenQ W1070, while thewirecutter recommends the BenQ HT1075. What's the major difference between the two? Main purpose would be viewing movies and streaming stuff and sometimes sports.

And since we have such a large room, is there a recommend viewing distance? I was thinking about 10-12 feet away for the first row, which would could afford doing right now. And then another row or two.

I'm also wavering on the size of the screen. With such a large wall I'm wondering if it would be beneficial to use something like a 120" screen instead of a 100".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
Awesome, thanks for the links. Looks like there is no real difference for me between the two. Now to look at price differences for screen sizes.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
Now that we have completed a few things around the house. I'm looking at getting our home theater setup. I was looking at the BenQ W1070 but I saw thewirecutter recommended the HT2050. Now I'm not sure which one to get. Also, is there a big difference between the W1070 and HT1075?

Is there a recommended ceiling mount?

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
I picked up the BenQ HT2050 and waiting on my 100" Silverscreen. According to the Wirecutter that's their highly recommended screen. That may be a cheaper option screenwise instead of DIYing it.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
I'm using the 100" Silver Ticket Screen. I finished up installing everything 2 weekends ago. The screen is pretty amazing. Have you thought about the BenQ HT2050? It's what I have and drat is it crisp.