Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I am looking at getting my first projector in the next week or so and have narrowed my choices down to 3, all of which have been talked about on the past page which makes me think I would be well off with any of the 3 selected, but I would appreciate any opinions or corrections of any misunderstandings I might have.

The room I am setting up in is about 20x12, very dark, with a dark paint scheme, no white walls/ceiling. I am looking to go 120 inches. The three models I am looking at are the Epson Pro Cinema 4050, the VAVA 4k UST, and the BenQ HT3550.

The differences between the 3 models, other than price, seem to be that the Epson is fake 4k, while the other two are actual 4k, the VAVA being UST would be very convenient, but it has the lower quality color gamut, and the BenQ seems to have the lowest level brightness, but that should not be a concern for the room I am using.

Anyone with experience that can comment on true 4k vs 4k enhanced, and rec.709 vs DCI-p3?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU