Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
Can't wait to max out final fantasy 13 on my rear end in a top hat pc, how about you guys

I never played the sequels but I'll probably buy those too based purely on the novelty of them being pc versions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
13-2 is cool

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

zen death robot posted:

my pc sits on the floor, not inside my rear end in a top hat OP

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

zen death robot posted:

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

zen death robot posted:

Same. Here's my set-up.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
don't even loving joke about liking ff13 I swear I'll have a stroke

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I'm gonna marry Lightning!

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Concordat posted:

don't even loving joke about liking ff13 I swear I'll have a stroke

once you get to gran pulse FF13 is actually a relatively cool and fun game. 13-2 is pretty good the whole way through.

Dec 26, 2012

i cant wait to max out final fantasy 13 on my rear end in a top hat

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Silver Striker posted:

once you get to gran pulse FF13 is actually a relatively cool and fun game.

that takes like 30 hours though

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i think i'll pass on ff13 and all its sequels. my life will not intersect with ff13 and all its sequels. when i am on my deathbed and my life flashes before me, i will not see ff13 and all its sequels.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Silver Striker posted:

once you get to gran pulse FF13 is actually a relatively cool and fun game. 13-2 is pretty good the whole way through.

this is completely wrong and I'm dead now. thanks

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Silver Striker posted:

Considering the amount of times I've seen imps talk poo poo about mmo hmo saying "it gets good once you're 40 hours in!" this sentence completely boggles my mind. It's okay to say an FF game goes from awful to mediocre/decent only 20-30 in hours somehow.

And the story is still so fuckawful it hurts. Lightning is such a bad character and most of the support cast is as bad or worse (Snow, Vanille).

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
vanille is unironically my fav character

also i quit about 5 hours in

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lightning owns actually

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

when you finally get access to all 6 characters i immediately and permanently made my team all girls

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
I dont know much about FF13, but the character Snow looks unbearable.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

bonzibuddy64 posted:

This is the most correct opinion you've ever posted, and possibly the most correct opinion anyone has ever had in the history of the universe

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

i watched some lp videos of ff13 hoping for a good laugh and i did get a good laugh out of the line op quoted, esp. because of poetic irony etc. (NOT SUCH A TOUGH MOM NOW ARE YOU (GOOD JOB ORPHANING YOUR KID (pfff)))

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

elf help book posted:

when you finally get access to all 6 characters i immediately and permanently made my team all girls

there are people who don't do this??

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

bonzibuddy64 posted:

he is, but it's intentional to point out how bad the "lol guys im the hero" archetype is. the game directly tells you this, and yet people still don't get it.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

i got lightning returns from a gamefly sala and its real weird. i cant tell if its good or not yet.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i liked that the characters are all dealing with the bad situations and a large part of who they are is how they respond to being put in that, its very overt simple characterization that works well imo :)

lightning shuts herself away and becomes a different person
hope blames other people
sazh nearly gives up completely
snow puts up a brave front and thinks about others
vanille forces a smile no matter what

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Moms in FF games are tough because they never have saggy tits or stretch marks which are the bane of everyone's existence with a vagina

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

sazh is an extremely epic character

anyway, ff13 is actually pretty okay before you get to gran pulse, it's just that is where you really get to see the best part of the game. i know it has become a meme to act like 13 is the worst game ever because it is linear, but so is ff10 and i don't see people complain about that as much.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

only having 2 character parties for most of the story is really annoying, i dont care about linearity

tho its pretty cool once you get 3 and realize youve developed all these strategies for dealing with different types on monsters with only two people and now have a 3rd to do whatever the hell you want with

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

mostly i had one guy was a commando and one guy was a ravager and eventually the monster got stunned and they did a lot of damage then

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

conceitedguy posted:

mostly i had one guy was a commando and one guy was a ravager and eventually the monster got stunned and they did a lot of damage then

yea but then later you could have a second ravager or commando holy poo poo

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

linearity is not a problem as long as you mix in some puzzles in there to break up the monotony of combat. that is my issue with the recent Tales of games as well.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Silver Striker posted:

sazh is an extremely epic character

anyway, ff13 is actually pretty okay before you get to gran pulse, it's just that is where you really get to see the best part of the game. i know it has become a meme to act like 13 is the worst game ever because it is linear, but so is ff10 and i don't see people complain about that as much.
ffx looks quite bad to me as well, but maybe that's because i never played ff games when i was young so now my unattuned eyes just tell me "this is all so boring and cringeworthy"

conversely i can still play bioware games just fine~~

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

the game would also be improved a lot if each of the individual chapters was shorter

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Sombrerotron posted:

ffx looks quite bad to me as well, but maybe that's because i never played ff games when i was young so now my unattuned eyes just tell me "this is all so boring and cringeworthy"

conversely i can still play bioware games just fine~~

this is the worst case of gamer aids ive ever seen

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

elf help book posted:

only having 2 character parties for most of the story is really annoying, i dont care about linearity

tho its pretty cool once you get 3 and realize youve developed all these strategies for dealing with different types on monsters with only two people and now have a 3rd to do whatever the hell you want with

elf help book posted:

the game would also be improved a lot if each of the individual chapters was shorter

i agree, with both of these statements. the battle system, which is fairly win, is designed around 3 people. i liked how it was about being flexible and responding to situations.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

elf help book posted:

this is the worst case of gamer aids ive ever seen
maybe you mean gamer syphilis, i don't think aids has that profound an effect on the mental faculties

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

also i gotta say i dont really like the stagger system. i think it would be better if exploiting enemy weakness just gave you more ATB or something.

Mr. Kerstbal
Sep 2, 2011

ORIGINAL MONKEY FUCKER
cant wait to game

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
My Mom got me an Xbox One for playing Minecraft WTH Mom?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Famous TV Dad posted:

also i gotta say i dont really like the stagger system. i think it would be better if exploiting enemy weakness just gave you more ATB or something.

its cool to juggle really giant enemies and also sometimes you can juggle them so long that they leave and reenter stagger before landing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

FF13 is poo poo. It's really bad. I'm totally getting it on Steam.

• Locked thread