Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
13-2 is cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

when you finally get access to all 6 characters i immediately and permanently made my team all girls

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i liked that the characters are all dealing with the bad situations and a large part of who they are is how they respond to being put in that, its very overt simple characterization that works well imo :)

lightning shuts herself away and becomes a different person
hope blames other people
sazh nearly gives up completely
snow puts up a brave front and thinks about others
vanille forces a smile no matter what

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

only having 2 character parties for most of the story is really annoying, i dont care about linearity

tho its pretty cool once you get 3 and realize youve developed all these strategies for dealing with different types on monsters with only two people and now have a 3rd to do whatever the hell you want with

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

conceitedguy posted:

mostly i had one guy was a commando and one guy was a ravager and eventually the monster got stunned and they did a lot of damage then

yea but then later you could have a second ravager or commando holy poo poo

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

the game would also be improved a lot if each of the individual chapters was shorter

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Sombrerotron posted:

ffx looks quite bad to me as well, but maybe that's because i never played ff games when i was young so now my unattuned eyes just tell me "this is all so boring and cringeworthy"

conversely i can still play bioware games just fine~~

this is the worst case of gamer aids ive ever seen

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Famous TV Dad posted:

also i gotta say i dont really like the stagger system. i think it would be better if exploiting enemy weakness just gave you more ATB or something.

its cool to juggle really giant enemies and also sometimes you can juggle them so long that they leave and reenter stagger before landing

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

that reminds me the clock puzzles in 13-2 suck and heres a tool to solve them for you http://clockpuzzle.pl/

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Silver Striker posted:

i liked the first few, but they pretty quickly became annoying as hell and i used that website to solve them for me

i didnt think to look for that until i was on the final one in the game

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

variety is cool but its not a requirement and can be a detriment :)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

if you need to break up a game you can play another game

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i went to buy the all dlc bundle on xbox to use up some money on my account before i stop playing 360 altogether and they charged the entire bill to my credit card instead of using the money on my account so i complained to them and got a refund so i got that bikini for free

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

That loving Sned posted:

All I want to know is why that Azure Horizon guy thought the story was so amazing, and why the Freelance Astronauts decided to record themselves completing the game 100%.

i dont want to know any of that

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Cyra posted:

it has chocolina so I'm gonna agree with that statement

is it true that she turns out to be the grown up version of sazh's fro bird?

yea, sazh falls into a time portal or some poo poo and the bird gets lost in the time stream and wishes it wasnt so weak and could help people so god made her into chocolina to help serah

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Cyra posted:

Snow more like "no"

you also find snow lost in time, in a forest, beating up an endless supply of flans

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

it happening to someone else is a main plot point of the game its not exactly a tiny detail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

yea its surprising and funny it happens to her

• Locked thread