Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I did. I really liked Broadchurch so I was looking forward to this.

I have to say... I'm disappointed that its basically a shot for shot remake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
It would be funny if David Tennant was playing the EXACT same character.

After the events of Broadchurch he moves to a small US town as far away as possible. Then the exact same case happens again!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Creepy lady continues to be creepy. Obviously wont be her in this version either.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Huh... that preview is a real change from Broadchurch.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I think the show is better when it diverges from Broadchurch.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
After some things said in last week's episode and watching the preview for today, I am going to guess the ending will be exactly the same as Broadchurch.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Called it. A little disappointed it was the same.

edit: wait....

e2: gently caress.

e3: Getting some Skyler here.

Zero One fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Dec 12, 2014

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
drat that was an intense way to end.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

FadingChord posted:

What the poo poo was that? I was pissed at them for copying the ending then confused by the twist and now I just don't know.

Did Miller kill her kid(s) or was I imagining a blood spatter in the last shot?

No, you were imagining things.

Mo0 posted:

So they... barely changed the ending. That's disappointing.

The way it was done was pretty good. Again, the show is better when it diverges.

And speaking of Broadchurch: Season 2 starts next month: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ond-series.html

Zero One fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Dec 12, 2014

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

A. Beaverhausen posted:

But with how Miller loving looked in that final shot...you have to wonder just what happened afterwards.

I'd be more worried about her doing something to Carver to protect her kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
You could start watching Season 2 of Broadchurch and not have missed any of the plot points from Season 1 (except for the few differences).

That said it's pretty good (and better executed) and would be worth a watch if you liked Gracepoint and want to see the original. But don't go in expecting the story to be different.

• Locked thread