Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Release date(s)
NA October 28, 2014
EU October 31, 2014

And for glorious nippon, all hail our Japanese masters:
October 30th .

For any chappettes or dudels wondering when you can play this!

GAME IS OUT OR SOMETHING:

Soul Glo posted:

Thread necromancy for reviews if you're curious:

IGN: 9.0/10
Joystiq: 5/5
Game Informer: 9.25/10

Arthur Gies also gave it a 9, so buyer beware.
(OP's note: Arthur Gies is a loving gay retarded piece of poo poo.)

Metacritic's at 82, so it's not all roses, but people seem to be liking it!

Giant Bomb's Quick Look is up too.

------------

Sunset Overdrive is a game from Insomniac studios, best known for the Ratcher and Clankt series. In moving to the Xbone they have decided to eschew all of that universe and go with an entirely new sort of game.

Think SR4 mixed with a bit of Crackdown and Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2. The result is a third person open world game where you shoot and destory pink monsters who are actually the towns folk that are addicted to a drink!

This is you! Or the guy who you can play as!

An typical enemy. Poor sad fools addicted to drink.

This is an annoying mascot. I think you get to kill him at the end of the game?

Anyway, you get tojump and grind and kill and have fun with memes and drinks and Fizzco. It doesn't look very good sadly, but i like Insomniac so I would like to be surprised by them.

Here is a video with some of the wackniess!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ2PezjyqJQ

the respawns is something i really like.
(please ignore the transversal part, the grinding looks bloody awful!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQIA6OF9QmI

and omse characterisation!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A41RTsBwOfQ

A real life person who 'works' as a 'games journalist' had the following to say about Samsung Overdrive:

Azure, lavender, tangerine and teal splash across the screen with exquisite abandon, illuminating a 3D easel of vim and vigor.

This is Sunset Overdrive, a game that has embraced the visual possibilities of new consoles with an almost child-like lack of restraint. Every inch of this rapidly moving world is saturated with glow and hue. It is a madcap celebration of color and of movement.

Insomniac has left behind the grays and browns of its stern Resistance series from the last generation. Like a defrocked cleric who finds love in the arms of a plump bassoonist, the company has embraced the delicious freedom of a new beginning, by being as naughty and as cheeky as possible.

Well. Just get a load of all that!

But its not about that guy, its about you guys! what are your thoughts??

VideoGames fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Oct 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Looks good

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
new JSRF>????

oh...no...no its not..

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star
I can't wait to stick it to my parents/authority figures by buying this and playing it while jumping up and down on a chair.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

My probably-stolen Xbox One is so ready. Well, it will be once it arrives and I update it.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
this is the sickest poo poo I've ever seen. Will they be actually making a energy drink to tie in with the release?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

echronorian posted:

this is the sickest poo poo I've ever seen. Will they be actually making a energy drink to tie in with the release?

they already gave them away at e3 (not the first one when this was announced, the second one)!!!!!!!!

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

I like the game Sunset Overdrive for the Xbox One All-in-One multimedia and HDMI pass through device like a defrocked cleric who finds love in the arms of a plump bassoonist.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

they already gave them away at e3 (not the first one when this was announced, the second one)!!!!!!!!

Sweet. I didn't see a release date for this bad boy, will it be out before E3 One?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

wait seriously?

"You know that thing which in our game is a society-destroying literal toxic poison? Through the power of the Xbox One, that is now a reality!"

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

echronorian posted:

Sweet. I didn't see a release date for this bad boy, will it be out before E3 One?

ylol eah impositive in fact polygon already rated it a 10/10 so its definitely a day 1 must buy

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer
I like the promo comics very much. They remind me of 2000AD in a good way. With any luck this is reflected in the game, would be cool to see time-travelling Bill Clintons cause mayhem in secret Amazonian jungle base slash captive dinosaur queen holdout.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

univbee posted:

wait seriously?

"You know that thing which in our game is a society-destroying literal toxic poison? Through the power of the Xbox One, that is now a reality!"

I wish Oddworld New N Tasty was promoted with a drink. Maybe it did? The drink in Sunset Overdrive is what created all the zombies, which makes it extra appetizing.

Gonna buy this game, btw, looks fun, 10/10

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i bet this game will be alright, but i really wanted a new jet set radio.

original xbox one was x86 based right?? can it be emulated?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I think this game can only be played by posing like the people in stock images of "teen plays video game"

Organs
Feb 13, 2014

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

i bet this game will be alright, but i really wanted a new jet set radio.

original xbox one was x86 based right?? can it be emulated?

apparently some people have been working on an xbox emulator for years now and not really got anywhere. if you have an xbox 360 it will play jet set radio future! make sure you have the original game though and not the jsrf/segagt combo-disc cause that doesn't work

i bought a new 360 a couple weeks ago and i think im gonna buy jsrf to play on it :D

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

i like how in the preview vids theyre like 'you can go so dang fast with grinding' and their dude is slower than a call of duty guy's sprint speed

cmon man

the base concept (high movement capability w/ jsf-ish environment and style system + shooter) is real cool though

the last game that tried something vaguely similar is like total overdose's style/scoring system but that game was very not good

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Sep 25, 2014

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Organs posted:

apparently some people have been working on an xbox emulator for years now and not really got anywhere. if you have an xbox 360 it will play jet set radio future! make sure you have the original game though and not the jsrf/segagt combo-disc cause that doesn't work

i bought a new 360 a couple weeks ago and i think im gonna buy jsrf to play on it :D

how does that work? is the 360 backwards compatible? i didnt think it was. i only have the combo disc though

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
This is the game I am second most hyped up for right after The Order 1986. loving unbelievable.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Fereydun posted:

i like how in the preview vids theyre like 'you can go so dang fast with grinding' and their dude is slower than a call of duty guy's sprint speed

cmon man

the base concept (high movement capability w/ jsf-ish environment and style system + shooter) is real cool though

the last game that tried something vaguely similar is like total overdose's style/scoring system but that game was very not good

There's a speed boost you philistine, press the rb button in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WpzS4Vp4hc

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Crafty posted:

Oh wow with the boost you almost go fast as a CoD soldier's sprint speed!

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
All the speed lines really get across how much faster you are moving. a niec touch

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Call of duty is definitely a good baseline for gaming

:rolleyes:

Organs
Feb 13, 2014

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

how does that work? is the 360 backwards compatible? i didnt think it was. i only have the combo disc though

ya it is but only with certain games. i'm pretty sure the combo disc doesn't work but give it a try just in case??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_with_Xbox_360

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

echronorian posted:

All the speed lines really get across how much faster you are moving. a niec touch

The 'speed lines' are actually an 'amp' that can be turned on or off. Please don't post in the Samsung overdrive thread if you don't know the real facts.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Organs posted:

ya it is but only with certain games. i'm pretty sure the combo disc doesn't work but give it a try just in case??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_with_Xbox_360

drat the 360 really did own hard.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

It's backwards-compatible but you need a non-bootleg Microsoft Hard Drive(tm) because only those have the Xbox One partition on them, and games won't boot without it. There's a list of every compatible game. Some games can be a bit wonky with slowdown and the like even if they're "compatible", though.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
also how did i ever miss this???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futurama_(video_game)

Organs
Feb 13, 2014

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

drat the 360 really did own hard.

ya and all the games for it are really cheap now or just given away free on xbl :D

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

univbee posted:

It's backwards-compatible but you need a non-bootleg Microsoft Hard Drive(tm) because only those have the Xbox One partition on them, and games won't boot without it. There's a list of every compatible game. Some games can be a bit wonky with slowdown and the like even if they're "compatible", though.

i think i do have this. I took my 360 slim and removed the harddrive from the fat xbox 360 caddy and stuck it in the slim. is this good? It is a harddrive from a launch 360

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

i think i do have this. I took my 360 slim and removed the harddrive from the fat xbox 360 caddy and stuck it in the slim. is this good? It is a harddrive from a launch 360

Yes i think that should be fine, I think it's more "not a hard drive which came from eBay China" which will generally not have that specific partition.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Crafty posted:

thats cool that they listened to me from the future

i guess this game is gonna be a 10/10 due to time travel techonlogy then

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
the concept art i posted as the first picture is loving gorgeous. seriously, that should be the sort of art youd find on the game box

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
oh poo poo i forgot to put a release date in the op. anything else i forgot to add?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

VideoGames posted:

oh poo poo i forgot to put a release date in the op. anything else i forgot to add?

Pre-order links for all regions. The Japanese version finally started outselling imports of Destiny!

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

also how did i ever miss this???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futurama_(video_game)

it's pretty bad but the cutscenes are good - almost like a lost episode.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

univbee posted:

Pre-order links for all regions. The Japanese version finally started outselling imports of Destiny!

i added two more videos, one about respawing which i genuinely think is cool as heck and could only find eu and na dates :[

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

VideoGames posted:

i added two more videos, one about respawing which i genuinely think is cool as heck and could only find eu and na dates :[

October 30th for Japan.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I wish there was a sex burger franchise IRL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
How many p's will the game feature?

• Locked thread