Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I was a bit worried Vader was just going to become the villain that every week got thwarted and ended each episode shaking his fist going "I'll get you someday, rebels!"

Good see that they are portraying him instead as he should be: an unstoppable force that completely outmatches the heroes in every way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Moon Slayer posted:

I was a bit worried Vader was just going to become the villain that every week got thwarted and ended each episode shaking his fist going "I'll get you someday, rebels!"

Good see that they are portraying him instead as he should be: an unstoppable force that completely outmatches the heroes in every way.

And yet they still somehow will survive and drive Vader away.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Well, it'd be a short show if they didn't survive. :v: That said, I don't think they'll be driving Vader away, I think they'll be eventually leaving Lothal with their tail between their legs, probably with Vader/The Imperials in hot pursuit.

Vader is honestly probably not trying to kill them. Sure they've a couple wannabe Jedi, but they're still small fries. He probably wants them scared and running so they'll lead him to bigger fish (such as Ahsoka's Rebel task force).

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

On that tangent, I'm perhaps most excited for the more diverse settings that'll invariably appear as a result of the crew being constantly on the run from the Imps; that Dune-ish planet with the sandworms from the trailer looked especially good, even though I know already that people will be too busy freaking out over the clones to notice.

Also,

:siren: I'm making a thread for tomorrow's premiere and the second season in general, need some suggestions for a thread title! :siren:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Cross-Section posted:

On that tangent, I'm perhaps most excited for the more diverse settings that'll invariably appear as a result of the crew being constantly on the run from the Imps; that Dune-ish planet with the sandworms from the trailer looked especially good, even though I know already that people will be too busy freaking out over the clones to notice.

Also,

:siren: I'm making a thread for tomorrow's premiere and the second season in general, need some suggestions for a thread title! :siren:

Rebels Season 2: There May Be Someone to Stop Us This Time
Rebels Season 2: We Cloned the First Thread

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Rebels Season 2: Make mom and dad proud kids :v:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Rebels Season 2: Space InVaders

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Rebels Season 2: The EU Has Failed Me For the Last Time

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Rebels Season 2: Make mom and dad proud kids :v:

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Wait...is Vader shooting in the opposite direction of his travel there? Did they upgrade the TIE Advanced to include thrust vectoring on multiple directional engines so it can flip directions quickly to fire a la the Starfuries? I think I may just lose my poo poo if that happens. I'm already pretty excited just seeing A-Wings in combat again for a few seconds. I'm also wondering if we'll get a scene of Ahsoka and Vader sensing a familiar feeling in the force in the opening episodes. I know they're not gonna meet for a while, but if Vader is shooting up her ship it would seem appropriate to drop that familiar feeling line a la Kenobi and Vader in episode IV.

Is the opening episode a double length one or just a single, normal episode?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

tsob posted:

Wait...is Vader shooting in the opposite direction of his travel there? Did they upgrade the TIE Advanced to include thrust vectoring on multiple directional engines so it can flip directions quickly to fire a la the Starfuries? I think I may just lose my poo poo if that happens. I'm already pretty excited just seeing A-Wings in combat again for a few seconds.

Well, Spinning is a good trick, and he's been working on mastering it for years

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Tomorrow's episode is an hour-long one, I believe.

Also, another title for the thread's consideration: Star Wars Rebels, Season 2 - Wouldn't be a Vader Party Without Old Darth

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

tsob posted:

Wait...is Vader shooting in the opposite direction of his travel there? Did they upgrade the TIE Advanced to include thrust vectoring on multiple directional engines so it can flip directions quickly to fire a la the Starfuries? I think I may just lose my poo poo if that happens. I'm already pretty excited just seeing A-Wings in combat again for a few seconds. I'm also wondering if we'll get a scene of Ahsoka and Vader sensing a familiar feeling in the force in the opening episodes. I know they're not gonna meet for a while, but if Vader is shooting up her ship it would seem appropriate to drop that familiar feeling line a la Kenobi and Vader in episode IV.

That actually left a kind of sour taste in my mouth since A-Wings shouldn't exist that early in the timeline, they were Dodonna's brainchild and went into service right before RotJ IIRC

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

That is all EU stuff, dead and buried. Long live the new canon.

Just pretend they're "spearheads" or whatever silly excuse EU made up to explain the A-wing in the Droids cartoon which also breaks that bit of EU continuity

There is also a B-wing in the trailer from a few months back.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

tsob posted:

Wait...is Vader shooting in the opposite direction of his travel there? Did they upgrade the TIE Advanced to include thrust vectoring on multiple directional engines so it can flip directions quickly to fire a la the Starfuries?

Is the opening episode a double length one or just a single, normal episode?

I would kill for a current gen SW flight sim that does this. They had the same thing in WC:Prophecy, but that was almost 20 years ago.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

tribbledirigible posted:

I would kill for a current gen SW flight sim that does this. They had the same thing in WC:Prophecy, but that was almost 20 years ago.

The original TIE Fighter is one of my favorite games ever and I would love a new game in that vein. Not a Rogue Squadron game, which always seemed more concerned with planetary missions and to be a bit more arcadey, though I never played them, but an X-Wing or TIE Fighter game, with a feel a little more towards flight sims, even if only barely.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

again, regarding the "A-Wings", didn't the concept teaser trailer show distinctively that the ships we will be seeing aren't actually A-Wings? I remember there being some sort of side-by-side display of RotJ era A-Wings and the ones we will be seeing in the show to show that they are different enough. Also I remember reading that that was the excuse that EU people made up to explain why A-Wings were so common in X-Wing and Rebel Assault, since both of those games had you flying in them waaaaaaay before even taking on the first Death Star.

I would bet money that that B-Wing prototype is gonna get blown up, or crash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

New thread's up, go argue about your alphabet ships in there

• Locked thread