Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
They are trying really hard to appeal to the younger crowd. And sadly, its failing. I don't see any of my friends actively ever shopping Buick.

They could have killed Buick stateside and left Pontiac as the performance brand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

cursedshitbox posted:

but but but RELIABILITY!

No, seriously. people are loving stupid and can't think for theirselves.

one of the numerous shops I worked in LOVED toyota products. why? because they broke just like everything else and the owners paid to have them fixed every damned time because of a bad rear end marketing strategy.

I've owned 10 or so toyotas of old. They were drat fine machines. You couldn't pay me to take something built in the past 15 years.

On the contrary though. JLR (jaguar land rover) has made a complete and total 180* turn from the lovely crap they produced 15 years ago. who'da thunkit that it'd take an indian company to make a british company build something actually worth a poo poo.

even if it sucks rear end at anything more than going to the mall

I do miss the old Camry's. They are literally the cockroaches of the earth and will still be around long after we are dead unless the rust gets them. Toyota used to be very innovative and made some pretty cool poo poo like the Supra, the Lexus LS400 (how many don't have over 200k miles with no issues) and the Camry?

Now every thing just sucks. Styling is blah, the engines are stale. Blech.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I kinda want to rip on all car makers in general. They put so much "connectivity" poo poo in then all these drivers aids to help driving. I personally blame cell phones and texting for all this mess because people cant put down the phone for 10 seconds.

Pretty sure we were just fine in the past with a boring CD player and a few power accessories.

OK now get off my lawn.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Honestly, I have no desire to own a BMW any newer than an E60/E90.

BMW still makes a pretty nice car, but they have really killed the "drivers car" aspect and just become another luxury car. Maybe I am just becoming less impressed with their offerings, or I have shifted my focus in what kind of cars I like.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
The E39 was pretty much the best looking sedan (in my opinion) that BMW has ever made. Plus the 540i gives killer performance with out the M tax.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
The Colorado will be high in sales numbers just based off of fleet sales alone. I rarely see any that are actually owned by people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Wheeee posted:

Aluminum being pushed for mainstream vehicles is a bigger deal in my opinion, with industry supply chains being built to accommodate the necessary volume and Ford designing new production methods to mass produce aluminum bodies I'm hoping that within the next couple generations of smaller vehicles that aluminum cars begin to hit the mainstream.

Land Rover has been using aluminum for years. I don't get the big deal. v :) v

• Locked thread