Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

thebigcow posted:

Motor trend had it in a video about Detroit and the guy driving it was really impressed.

Give the Camaro a face lift and call it the new Grand National.

The rumor was giving the ATS a face lift and callng it the grand national, then sticking the 3.6 twin turbo v6 from the CTS v-sport in it and calling that the GNX.

"younger crowd" in car marketing terms is 40-55 year olds. The under 30 crowd has been almost completely written off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

mariooncrack posted:

How's the Hybrid Crosstrek selling? Last time I was at my local dealership they weren't selling very well. I know that the regular Crosstrek was selling very well and they couldn't keep them on the lots.

I know a lot of people give Subaru grief because of their interior but I actually prefer the more strip down, barebones look of them. My girlfriend's Corolla and my friend's Civic both have way too much poo poo in them. They may look like older, well-maintained cars but to me they look much better than most new cars with their giant screens and the software that seems to be very buggy.

In subaru's best ever sales month, they sold 8244 XV crosstreks, 747 were hybrids.

They sold more XV crosstrek hybrids than BRZs

http://media.subaru.com/pressrelease/646/1/subaru-reports-best-ever-sales-month

This wouldn't have happened if the BRZ had a turbo.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Raluek posted:

Not true, F150 :getin:

Remember, a Continental is supposed to have a 5700lb curb weight.

My brother!

expedition chassis(basically F-150 with IRS), and 2 3.5 ecoboosts bolted together for a 900 ft/lb 7 liter quad turbo V12. Get it out the door under 80 grand, and everyone is happy.

edit: you can buy THREE 3.5L ecoboost f-150s for 80 grand. That's 12000lbs of aluminum truck, 18 cylinders, 6 turbos, 18 gears, 15 wheels/tires 6 LCD screens and 9 seats. Surely they can make a proper continental for lower cost.

Make it happen ford.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Sep 28, 2014

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ya'll act like the euro BMW 1 series doesn't exist.

The lotus talbot sunbeam was 150hp in 2900lbs. A 3 door BMW 118i is 172hp in 3075lbs.

it also comes as a 5 door, or with a diesel and a manual and sport suspension on the manual diesel and such.

For the £25,110 toyota wants for the GT-86, you can get a 120D m-sport or 125i m-sport.

I like the FRS/BRZ as well, but it's a mishmash of compromises, and hardcore fans are the worst human beings on the planet.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

InitialDave posted:

It's probably the car I mentioned earlier, and the reason I specified a 20k price point for a RWD hot hatch. I'm talking about something to compete in the same arena as the Fiesta ST.

InitialDave posted:

Just find the extra £5k for the M135i if you're going down that path.

InitialDave posted:

It's probably the car I mentioned earlier, and the reason I specified a 20k price point for a RWD hot hatch. I'm talking about something to compete in the same arena as the Fiesta ST.

InitialDave posted:

Just find the extra £5k for the M135i if you're going down that path.

Are you actually 2 posters using the same account, and sharing posts?

edit: also, the 1 series is going FWD because british assholes didn't appreciate it :argh:

Powershift fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Sep 28, 2014

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Maybe renault will make a renaultsport twingo RS or cup that you still won't buy.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Noeland posted:

If CUV = Coupe Utility Vehicle, then it sounds like a good time for GM to release the G8ST (I can only hope).

It means crossover utility vehicle. Basically lifted hatchback or Wagon

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

E39s have a reliable V8 and E34s do not.ergo, E39s are the better car.

The direction the hood opens is irrelevant if you never have to open it :smug:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

With the popularity of hot hatches, the euro market being in the shitter and Nissan's relationship with Renault, it's disappointing they haven't rebadged the renaultsport megane or clio and brought them to north america. Or at the very least done something with the zoomy bits.

They should also make the 370z, or at least the next z car less lovely. they're selling 1/4 of the 370s as they did 350s in the US at this point.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The crowd that bought those harsh M-cars new is old now and wants something softer.

There is no younger crowd coming in to replace them. The younger crowd is more concerned with job security, student loan debt, and the enviroment.

All that young person M money is going to loan payments, savings accounts, and teslas, which means BMWs problem isn't that the m-cars are getting softer, it's that the i3 is a goofy loving clown car, and not a mini i8.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Wheeee posted:

Honda will probably gently caress it up again by creating the truck that Americans need rather than the truck that Americans want.

Nobody needs anything larger or more powerful than a honda fit.

It doesn't need to be painted in any color other than beige so as not to appear dirty.

Any misalignment of needs and wants shall be punished with ridicule.

These are the rules of Appliance Inanity, praise be to our leader Wheeee.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

1500quidporsche posted:

While I would agree with you there is something rather irritating about a soccer mom who uses her one and a half ton Ram to get groceries and drop her kids off at school.

Having said that I live in Alberta and the same people give me infinite joy in the snow when I go zooming past in my 30 year old Scirocco on studded winters and they're terrified in a giant 4x4.

If she can handle the vehicle, who gives a poo poo. It doesn't take up so much more space than a minivan that it's an inconvenience. The loaded to the tits 6300lb king ranch expedition EL can still stop from 60mph in 121 feet, that's about the same as a mazda 3 or VW golf.

You don't complain about the guy who does the same thing with a sports car because you could see yourself doing the same. You project a lack of driving skill onto the vehicle you dislike rather than the driver who is the problem.

A half ton ram gets the same fuel economy as a WRX STI, but only one of them angers you when being used for something other than it's purpose as defined by you because it's not a vehicle you're personally interested in driving. If people shouldn't choose a pickup over a full size car because they're not always hauling loads, then people shouldn't choose an STI over a base imprezza because they're not always on a track or rally course.

If there's no fun allowed, you're not going to be the one to define fun, and you're not going to be happy with the result. If you think we're in a position to start dictating what others should drive based on the good of the people, the pickup is going to be taken off the road for being too heavy, the sti is going to be taken off the road for being too powerful, and your scirocco is going to be taken off the road for being too volkswa old.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

The first year of F-series production will sell more aluminum bodied vehicles than Land Rover has to date.

Well, ford sells around 450,000 f-150s yearly, there were around 1.2 million land rover series i-iii, so it will take more than 2 years for that to happen not even including the modern aluminum landies :goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I meant comparing aluminum bodied vehicles to aluminum bodied vehicles; guess it wasn't clear.

Land rover "series" vehicles are aluminum bodied.

• Locked thread