Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Personally, I feel the 86 and BRZ should have been a turbodiesel manual sportswagons. Y'know the ones that everyone buys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

InitialDave posted:

I do think a RWD hot hatch at a 20k-ish pricepoint would be awesome.

But no-one will build it nowadays, and if they did, they wouldn't make much, if any, profit.

The Lotus Talbot Sunbeam was pretty cool. I think that might have been the last one (unless you include the Starlet) But like you said, it's no longer feasible.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

InitialDave posted:

It's probably the car I mentioned earlier, and the reason I specified a 20k price point for a RWD hot hatch. I'm talking about something to compete in the same arena as the Fiesta ST.

More like 2100lbs.

Just find the extra £5k for the M135i if you're going down that path.

Let me clarify I meant that the Sunbeam was probably the last RWD "economy" hot hatch. The 1 series is more of a premium higher class offering, and I think it's going FWD eventually.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Ideally, all cars should be exactly like the 1989 Nissan Skyline GT-R.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I have no desire to own a BMW newer than an E28.

• Locked thread