Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Play as the Bachelor. I hear the Haruspex has a really, really bad translation, while the Bachelor at least has a passable translation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

ninjewtsu posted:

Play as the Bachelor. I hear the Haruspex has a really, really bad translation, while the Bachelor at least has a passable translation

Yeah, the Bachelor has the only comprehensible story in the original release. The Haruspex was really hard to understand, and the Devotress was clearly machine-translated, as I could not make head nor tails of anything.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
a perfect play though of the bachelor gives you the best ending anywats

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Prep the question cannons, AMA tomorrow.

quote:

Another thing you may be interested in: we're doing a Reddit AMA tomorrow at 19:30 (7:30 PM) Moscow time (that's GMT +4; 19:30 in Moscow is 11:30 AM in New York and 7:30 PM in Berlin; time is hard, drat it). We'll publish the link as soon as it goes live. Looking forward to your questions and your participation!

Alain Perdrix
Dec 19, 2007

Howdy!

NmareBfly posted:

Prep the question cannons, AMA tomorrow.

quote:

Another thing you may be interested in: we're doing a Reddit AMA tomorrow at 19:30 (7:30 PM) Moscow time (that's GMT +4; 19:30 in Moscow is 11:30 AM in New York and 7:30 PM in Berlin; time is hard, drat it). We'll publish the link as soon as it goes live. Looking forward to your questions and your participation!

Apparently time is even harder than they're aware.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Alain Perdrix posted:

Apparently time is even harder than they're aware.

A no show? I have no idea how reddit works.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2i6yts/we_are_a_russian_game_development_studio_named/

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

That AMA was pretty fun. Thanks!

6,175 backers, $288,106 pledged of $250,000 goal and 3 days to go. The most expansive sounding stretch goal lies less than 12k out of reach. While the developers have said they will keep crowd funding open on they site via pay pal etc, it would be nice to see the kickstarter clear this goal.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Raskolnikov posted:

That AMA was pretty fun. Thanks!

6,175 backers, $288,106 pledged of $250,000 goal and 3 days to go. The most expansive sounding stretch goal lies less than 12k out of reach. While the developers have said they will keep crowd funding open on they site via pay pal etc, it would be nice to see the kickstarter clear this goal.
I would say that they made a tactical error with the stretch goals being put where they were, but I am not a kickstarterologist. However, people would likely be more excited at the lucid dreaming module and so forth, vs. "more town."

Englishman alone
Nov 28, 2013

MrBims posted:

I recently started the GOG version of Pathologic - is there anything I should know about that would hamper my progress, like mistranslations or buggy quests?

My version has no sound at all so beware install issues.

Blisster
Mar 10, 2010

What you are listening to are musicians performing psychedelic music under the influence of a mind altering chemical called...
I think I've bought every Ice Pick Lodge game, tried to play for like an hour and then put it down. Pathologic was weird in an awesome way, but pretty difficult to actually play and I found The Void to be pretty difficult to get into. But I still buy everything they put out because no one else is making bizarre, amazing stuff like this. I'll get back to The Void at some point I'm sure. It's really cool they're remaking Pathologic, definitely worth keeping an eye on.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Nessus posted:

I am not a kickstarterologist.

Kickstarterologist is totally going to be a thing that someone does.

In the meantime - Pathologic! With what might be an amazing translation:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1535515364/pathologic/posts/994808

Dare to hope...

Alain Perdrix
Dec 19, 2007

Howdy!

Raskolnikov posted:

A no show? I have no idea how reddit works.

Nah, I was just poking fun at the fact that they said it was at 19:30 Moscow time, equaling 7:30 PM in Berlin, which is not possible (they'd have meant 17:30, or 5:30 PM in Berlin, I guess).

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Going to break $300,000 The Town Extended in the next hour or two. Thirty six hours remain. :)

Sure its not the full $450,000 but its pretty drat good considering the mentioned issues with the pledge packages discouraging people.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Expected release date: November 2016. :stare:

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Party Plane Jones posted:

Expected release date: November 2016. :stare:
At least they are being honest. I think they said "It's not the release date we want, but the release date the game needs." or something to that effect.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

They hit 300k with 34 hours to go. Hopefully they will reach the second stretch goal.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

$326,695 pledged and 3 hours to go. Pretty close to the Steppe extended. They said they will continue fundraising on their private site and with it being so close to 350k I can't see how we won't get there. So hooray IPL fans! Keep telling people about the weird awesome studio making great games. :)

quote:

The Steppe Extended ($350,000). The Steppe is rather poor in terms of content right now, and that makes sense, since the plot of Pathologic takes place mostly in a single location, the characters being unable to leave The Town. While we don’t intend to change that, we can sneak in some loopholes, inviting the characters to explore new and fresh locations in the steppe (close to The Town, of course). It can even lead to them having new activities there. That also obviously means more quests, more steppe NPCs, more weird creatures, and generally more steppiness.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
wow that got a big jump at the end. i thought they might have trouble reaching 300k

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Ended just now with $333k. Maybe external crowdfunding will earn enough for the second stretch goal, but other than that only the wait until nearly 2017 remains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HellishWhiskers
Mar 29, 2012

She was an awkward girl

Dominic White posted:

Yeah, the Bachelor has the only comprehensible story in the original release. The Haruspex was really hard to understand, and the Devotress was clearly machine-translated, as I could not make head nor tails of anything.

Apologies for a shameless plug, but, in case folks aren't aware, I have a translation LP of Haruspex Scenario going right now over here.

• Locked thread