Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Planning for me please, more cards for the Discard God :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Impermanent posted:

I'm super excited about this, everyone. I want everyone to know that I'll do my best to keep the game from..... dragon.

As long as you don't give us the Cold Fire shoulder we should all be cool right?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Impermanent posted:

They probably don't intersect, but just to make sure I'm changing my stuff. You're probably right to go first. It's pretty useful on this layout, where all of the early level-appropriate stuff is clustered in one location.

Dungeon, Keep and Mage Tower and all considered low level?!

Anyway i'm going to Play 2 Swiftness for 4 Movement and move to the title to the upper left of the dungeon

You have to be IN the dungeon space to go into it right? It's not like everything else where you can be next to it to attack?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Stelas posted:

HOOLY BOOLY's actions are still valid... but I'd rather not rely on general COs in a game with this many moving parts unless I've been specifically told they're okay.

Yeah sorry about jumping the gun, i was just REALLY excited about getting those 4 movement points :smug: and thanks for the highlights i was kinda confused if it was my actual turn at the time!

So uh being new to this PBP format what do you mean by CO? Call Outs? like of moves you're doing?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Well knowing where Goldyx and Norowas are now it'd be kind a dick move to change my move so i'm just gonna stick with them!

Unsuprisingly though, it seems like all Norowas players (my brother included) sprint straight for the nearest village to use his wily elven ways to persuade the locals into loving them.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

He's called Gold DICKS for a reason though :colbert:

Regardless of that fact i think i'll keep Using 2 Swiftness for 4 movement which puts me on the tile to the top left of the mine, bringing up the rear of the conga line we got going on at the moment.

Edit: I don't know if it's my own hesitation or the variety of options that i know i could end up getting on the next few cards that made me sit back and think on my first freaking move of the game! Only in Mage Knight :allears:

The Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Sep 27, 2014

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

What an rear end in a top hat-ish thing to do! But she's not quite a super bitch yet, i'd say she's still a zero our like meter yeah?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Congrats on first blood Ary! :unsmigghh:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Impermanent posted:

I cement my position as 2nd most deadly and 1st most card inefficient:

I provoke the goblins to the NW.

In combat, I do nothing in the ranged and block rounds and take the full damage (two wounds to my face, two to my discard.)

Then I play Determination for 2 attack, and then March, Stamina, and Threaten sideways to bring it up to 5 attack.

Bloodied and poisoned, I kill the goblin and Level, taking Crushing Bolt.

I elect to use the magical glade to heal one of my wounds in my discard.

You and my brother would get along well, he also card dumps during combat :D

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

That's about as well as most of my combats go as well, except i end up forgetting about Magical Glades healing so i just kinda wander around with a bunch of wounds for a while. :(

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

I take a green from the source to Power up March for Move 4, then play Stamina for Move 2 I move one space to my right and i want to explore that way please!

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

For my last bit of movement i'd like to move one more to my right. Oh i'd like to play Tranquility for the card draw effect. That'll end my turn there.

The Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Sep 27, 2014

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

With my dreams of conquest shattered, i head to the local tavern to drown my sorrows and maybe find some help.

Playing Threaten and Mana Draw sideways for 2 Move After moving to the village i take the gold mana to play Promise powered up for 4 influence I use it to buy the Peasants and take a lookie at what's in the last keep and end my turn.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Oh okay i was wondering if that peasant was for sale or not, is it okay if i just end up getting the herbalists then?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

I believe in me too, if everything goes right my next turn i will have a keep of my very own as well!

I think

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

The only downside to Bonds being that you can't disband the guy you get it with (which admittedly can be lovely if you used it on peasants or herbalists or something)really isn't enough of a downside to NOT take it if it comes up.

Stelas are you rigging this game? I call elf favoritism

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

He doesn't have anything that you "build" around necessarily but he does have some pretty good abilities all around.

Who needs magic?! and I don't give a drat! are both good

The one i can think of over anything else is Double Time, which gives you a free +2(+1 at night)movement every turn, which is helpful for me in many,many situations :v:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

This place has more mountains than loving Mordor

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Stelas posted:

I'm liking the commentary from assorted players as we go, it helps keep things moving.

It's a good thing! I'm usually the guy that has to comment on just about everything that happens in a regular game. Even though i'm not sitting next to these other players y'all are still gonna get the same treatment :v:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Impermanent posted:

So far, so good. You guys can feel free to use that magical glade now if you want. I'm all done with it.

Nobody wants it now, it's got Dragon stank in it.

Anyway first i Concentration and take a red mana then i take a blue from the source to power up Stamina for 4 Move which puts me on the Keep, nothing for range attacks or blocking so my Peasents take one of the wounds I play my red Mana on Rage for 4 attack Which gets me the Keep!

I believe i have 2 wounds in hand then?

Edit: v Even better! I end my turn

The Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Sep 29, 2014

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Oh man if i only had one or the other to pick from this would be easy!

I guess i will Become a Master of Shield who frequently Blood Rages

The Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Sep 29, 2014

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

I wonder if sombody is going to pull of a Threaten Promise combo, it's always great to see that happen in my games :allears:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Does the game walkthrough talk about the rest action at all? Until I read through the rule book and saw that resting was an option i used to be deathly afraid of any kind of wound meaning I'd never attack anything until I had a hand full of attack and block cards, meaning I'd never get to do anything.

I love this game, but I hate how the rules are structured between 2 books.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Since we're telling. This is my second Full Conquest game! And my only one with 4 players!

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Gotta go fast!

I take the Gold Mana from The Source and use it to Power up Improvisation by discarding Rage for 5 movement then March for 2 Move, followed by playing Cold Toughness,Blood Rage,and Crystalize sideways for 3 more Move and i stop at the space SE of the Monastery.

edit:I end my turn and no end of round, my bad :(

The Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Sep 29, 2014

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Leave them for me, i will make it happen.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Like a written recap of everything that we did? Sounds cool to me, with so many pictures and maybe (just maybe!) there is sombody here who has no idea what's going on since we don't have physical cards to throw down it would be good to have.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

I was thinking about going south and possibly taking on the Mage Tower. But with the terrain there it didn't seem like a good idea to use the movement and then possibly see it was something i couldn't take and have to turn my rear end back around across that 4 movement cost all the while i was gonna get left behind.

There will be other towers, Tovak will have his moment

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

I'm almost tempted to take that mulligan since the more i think about the more i want that mage tower because these new spells are good! Choices...

Anyway i'll take Midnight Meditation

Gutter Owl posted:

Can we get an image with the night tactics cards? I don't have them all committed to memory.

haha this, i took my own cards out to pick which one i wanted

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Check out that Advanced Action offer! Gems Crystals are outrageous!

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Vlaada forcing them out of house and home when he was making all the crap for this game!

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Is it 2 of the same Orc that are out right now?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Hell it that wouldn't even get you a level up at the beginning of the game! So really he's just kind of useless.

The Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Sep 30, 2014

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Beffer posted:

ive been kibitzing this thread and loving the game. It's moving very fast. I have a quick question.

Was the point of the earlier mulligans offer that Tovak could have explored to the south east rather than running all the way up north to hang with the others? Is that what you mean Stelas by a five wide board? Tovak could have explored down there and had a whole section of the board to himself with cards to play.

Cheers,

Exactly right, i always play with a Wedge Map so in that situation it's only 3[?] across so there wouldn't be anything in that direction normally, had i know that it was an option i might have considered going that way instead of burning all my cards to catch up with everybody else.

Looking on it now, if had i know i would have had a keep, a monster den AND crystal mine all to myself i might have done it :sigh:

Bubble-T posted:

Exactly.

As far as I can tell Tovak also built up 10 movement points (including 3 sideways cards) and only used 8 of them. That whole turn was just a bit weird.

Didn't account for the fact that Norowas was already in the space i was wanting to occupy and since PVP is off i don't believe i can do that so just decided to stop. Plus the end of round was coming up anyway so there wasn't really a point of hording cards which lead to some wasted movement.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Edit: Actually That whole thing was a bad idea, I can i still take that Mulligan?

The Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Sep 30, 2014

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Gutter Owl posted:

Not sure how you're getting there, with Goldyx in the way.

Unless PVP rules are on, two Mage Knights may never co-occupy a space, except for a conquered city.

Edit: And Stelas's houserule only gives you a mulligan if your opening hand does not contain a Move card.

You can't even pass through the same space with them?

But in any case the thing i was going to do was bad so i just want to take the offered Mulligan.

In the case of me starting by my keep, i'll like to Power up Stamina and go exploring to the SE that i know is there now!

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Sorry for the wait yall, Shadow of Mordor is pretty great!

To continue my move, i play Concentration and get a green token with which i play March powered up and Promise sideways for 7 total Move I move onto the Monastery and end my turn.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Stelas posted:

You can't! Concentrate allows any basic colour except green.

Argh, how did i miss that :(

In that case i'll play Mana Draw letting me use that green in the source as well To power up March, and play Promise sideways amd still end up in Monastery and end my turn.

I think i'm okay now?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

I think the Fame/Rep track is a bit off, as cool as it'd be i'm pretty i'm not level 3 yet!

Edit: Making sure that the green source i used re-rolled to a green again?

The Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Oct 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Oh yeah duh, that's Arythea's shield closer to Norowas' isn't it? whoops

Istvun posted:

you forgot to burn the monastery.

Working on it! Although it might be cutting it close considering the cards i have in my hand at the moment.

• Locked thread