Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Unfortunately, I was only able to find a single promotional image for this season, and it's kind of spoilery in a really minor way, so I went and made my own:

I feel I've put in at least as much effort as the people in charge of marketing this show.

It's been barely a month since Book 3 ended, and our gracious television benefactors at Nickelodeon, not seeing quite the profit they'd hoped for when they'd ordered four seasons of this, have seen fit to give us the fourth and final season just a week from today. However, they have once again decided it's not worth their hard-earned SpongeBob money to actually air or promote it, so they've sent it back where it belongs to the festering ghetto known colloquially as the "Internet." Now, they haven't left it totally abandoned. They've generously given us a new trailer today, just a week before the premiere, which you can watch here (or, if you don't live in the US, here). Remember to tag discussion of anything from the trailer.

In case you've somehow already forgotten what happened last season, here's a brief recap:
  • Korra defeated the Red Lotus, but was deeply hurt both physically and mentally from the experience. She was last seen crying in a wheelchair.
  • Bolin, after spending the entire season trying to learn how to metalbend, learned how to lavabend instead. Still couldn't resist breaking the mood in an otherwise really depressing scene, however.
  • Mako gave away his trademark red scarf to his grandmother. He didn't go through any major character growth though, because he's still Mako, and "boring" is probably the best we're going to get out of that character. He had some neat fights.
  • Asami helped drive, I guess? She still didn't have much to do though her scenes connecting with Korra were a definite highlight.
  • Tenzin, Bumi, and Kya totally jobbed in their fights, as was to be expected.
  • Lin made up with her half-sister who she'd been estranged from for years.
  • Jinora is an airbending master now, and she has a love interest in the somewhat-annoying airbending recruit Kai.
  • The Red Lotus were too cool to live, and so all of them except Zaheer are dead. P'Li's death was metal as gently caress though (heh).
  • Zaheer murdered defeated the hell out of the Earth Queen.
Book 3 was great in a lot of ways, and most of the thread seemed to love it, unlike the previous seasons, which had more than their fair share of detractors, including myself. It's still both hilarious and depressing to see how thoroughly Nick has written this show off though. While it's nice to shake our fists impotently at the mighty children's programming gods and blame them for our collective misfortune, we should probably just be thankful it got this far at all. I just hope it goes out well. I know it seems like I enjoy making fun of this show (and I do), but I don't hate it, and I just hope there's something we can all agree on:

Justice has been served.

Book 4 airs Friday, October 3rd on nick.com, usually around noon EST, but usually several hours earlier elsewhere.

Arist fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Sep 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

If only there was something in the trailer that would tell us whether or not this was the final season.

I didn't watch the trailer before I wrote that, full disclosure. I was just checking for the time it aired.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm sorry you guys don't appreciate my dumb anime jokes.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

uncleKitchener posted:

Considering that this last season is going to be CodeGeaseEvagelion with bending, the chances of this not doing well in terms of ratings is zero.

I mean, I'm not sounding naive am I? Nick really can't poo poo this up any more, right?

It's airing exclusively on the internet, dude. The ratings war has been lost.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Postal Parcel posted:

You want to say that again bro

This guy came up with the thread title for the record, send all hate mail to him.

e: Seriously though, didn't mean to take credit.

Arist fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Sep 28, 2014

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That seems like the worst idea.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

This is why I don't let you guys name things.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Metropolis posted:

I have avoided the previews, but I am guessing Toph will train someone, Korra or Lin I guess, to "see" the way Toph can, through vibrations. Then when Kuvira uses her flying metal slap bracelets to blind them, they'll beat her through the power of unexpected feet-seeing.

I hope this time Bolin figures out for himself that the seemingly awesome person he's teamed up with is bad.

AmiYumi posted:

Christ, this thread. Once again I am very, very glad none of you are anywhere near this show's writing room.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

AmiYumi posted:

Christ, this thread. Once again I am very, very glad none of you are anywhere near this show's writing room.

gently caress, just pretend I emptyquoted this forever.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh great, we're taking about KLK now. Let me go shoot myself.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

codeorange posted:

This makes Mako and Korra's inevitable romance that much more funny.

OH MY GOD STOP

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

icantfindaname posted:

don't worry, it will be on toonami soon enough, then we can talk about it some more

:getin:

i hate you

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Why the hell would you name the thread what you did if you actually cared about it?

This is a much deeper issue than Korra. You have no idea.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Just post it, you can't possibly make it any worse.

I say this, knowing many of you will interpret it as a challenge.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

MrAristocrates posted:

Don't argue with Sithsaber, guys. This is what he does.

Don't report him, either. This is the Korra thread, the Mods have forsaken us.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

gently caress, I need to rewatch Brotherhood

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

what have i done

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Poison Mushroom posted:

I just watched the first episode of Season 4 today, and in general, I feel like this season is competent but less... textured. There's not as much attention to detail, not nearly as many little things that you might miss on the first go-through that hint as to the bigger picture. Not showing the Squirrelbenders as tired and ragged is just one example. This feels like they're repeating some of the mistakes of AtLA Season 1 all over again. There's nothing to pay attention to aside from the direct plot on the screen, and that bothers me, because it gives me the impression that they don't know where they're going with the season. I really hope I'm wrong, but I'm just getting the impression that the producers simply haven't grokked their own story.

TL;DR ATLA Season 2 and 3 were really good at least partially because of the Iceberg Theory. It feels like they've forgotten that.

This seems like a totally fair and reasonable judgment to make after one episode.

I don't really give a gently caress about this show but I think it's really funny how some of you can't wait more than one episode before diagnosing flaws with the entire season.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Holy poo poo you idiots, do not engage Sithsaber.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Why are you all letting the poo poo thread title win?

GIVE IN TO THE MADNESS

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm at NYCC and there's a Korra panel tonight, I'll see the new episode a whole eight hours before the rest of you, suck it

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I have become my most hated foe. I have become... the Korra fan

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Starts in a few minutes. Some guy just handed me this:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Oct 9, 2014

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I hate the audience so much you guys

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

This is amazingly dumb.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm starting to think you guys aren't reading my posts.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

You earned this title. Don't forget it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Jackard posted:

So when do we get a better title?

The fact that you guys keep asking this makes the answer never.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Reviews of the game are coming in, opinions are decidedly mixed.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Neo_Crimson posted:

Sounds like every Platinum game ever so far.

Except like, all of them.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Spergatory posted:

The Bayonetta titles are pretty much the only Platinum games that have gotten consistently good reviews. Wonderful 101, Revengeance, and Vanquish all got decidedly mixed receptions from review outlets.

What's "mixed?" I'm looking at these scores and they're overwhelmingly positive for each.

gently caress it, whatever.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Toshimo posted:

MrAristocrates, I hope you are considering this as a thread title.

Jesus loving christ I hate you all so much.

Honestly, I'll consider it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I wish I could ban puns from this thread.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

In his defense, the game's plot is like, nothing.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The Rifftrax is really good.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm about four minutes into this and I want to stop.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I just caught up, but please keep complaining about the thread title, it's really funny.

This is a good thread, keep on posting.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ahahahaha jesus christ

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Golden Goat posted:

I'm constantly afraid that they'll run out of money and the finale of Korra will end like the Evangelion series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDajqW561KM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

God, everything about this is just so funny to me.

• Locked thread