Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

SunAndSpring posted:

Who would look at a big giant tree of boring passive skills and think that it looked fun in any way shape or form? Passives are almost always the weakest poo poo in a RPG. I want to loving learn how to smite people with loving lightning bolts, not increase my chance to do increased critical hit damage.

that's what the gems are for. you know, the ones you rarely find, that you can only socket into gear that's rarely found. and if you want those gems to be end-game viable? good luck rerolling sockets+their links forever with expensive hard-to-find poo poo

poe is literally a game made by people who play diablo 2 hell mode and go "this is for babies, we need to make a game that is like this but unnecessarily complicated and punishing"

e: best arpg ever is diablo 2 eastern sun go play that please

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Sep 27, 2014

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

THE BAR posted:

The game still has trouble instilling a sense of atmosphere, compared to its prequels.

..But then again, I'm just a sucker for sprites. They leap better off the screen than D3's splodge-on-splodge action.

i think d3 is the best arpg in terms of visuals. not just pure fidelity but knowing exactly what's going on all the time no matter how hectic things get is an achievement.

in marvel heroes im just following healthbars and praying to god im hitting the right thing

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Heavy Lobster posted:

lmao OP is tryina make a thread dissin D3 and doesn't even include Titan Quest in his list of better games, voted 1 and loling all the way to my two skill pages

titan quest with the expansion and the underlord mod is really, really loving good. actually took my attention away from eastern sun for a long time.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

BrettRobb posted:

do people still play eastern sun? I could get back into it if they integrated the high res mod or something. I tried playing d2 a while back and it was basically a postage stamp on my monitor

i dont think they ever managed to combine those mods :(

BrettRobb posted:

I liked titan quest, is grim dawn still $20 for like half an act of a broken game?

It has two acts now! And they've added a ton of stuff. But it's going off in a weird direction. Like there are branching plot options with different rewards and poo poo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

TangentEnigma posted:

lol that the only decent thing about the diablo 3 expansion was an outright ripoff of path of exile while the rest of it was just more braindead spectacle which apparently is on just the right level for you stupid faggots

dont give me anything to think about or any decisions to make, i just want to click butan and see goblin explosion because i have the mind of a child thaks diblo 3

woah..someone hasnt found a thunderfury yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this thread is getting really serious

• Locked thread