Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Jay Wilson was actually considering lowering the Vanilla D3 drop rate for both legendaries and rares and the RMAH would have large ads displayed on the top half of the screen while you were using it. This was going to be implemented post launch and the codes for it are still in the post-launch patches.

But then Reaper of Souls team kicked him to the curb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

BrettRobb posted:

I can't even..

The sword originated from Diablo 2 not WoW you plebian. It was added in WoW since it was cut from Diablo 2. It looked cool and sounded cool so they salvaged it from the cutting room floor.

The hidden dimensions in the description is a reference to the sword being in the D2 files but never making it to the public servers.

Also I really hate the word grinding being thrown around without people realizing what it means. Grinding is a mundane, predictable, and tedious long-term task that is a way to get to the actual fun parts of the game. Diablo 3 is anything but grinding because it's based around short games and it keeps throwing the action at you so nothing becomes predictable. This is why people find monster hunter fun as well, matches are over in a half hour and the boss battles are fun with the deep combat system that keeps you on your feet.

People just use it as a catch all now for poo poo they have to run more than once but less than a dozen times.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Sep 28, 2014

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Life Per Second sucks, but life per hit is godly and you must dump all your paragon points into it ASAP. Life per hit allows you to steam roll enemies when you have reduced/near instant cooldowns and you will never loose HP. Each time a guy is hit by any type of attack be it a proc or whatever you will regain HP and it's amazing for torment 6.

The only time it might not be great is one on one fights, but if you have near instant cooldowns you can slam into a single guy quickly to get back your HP.

Monks can stand ontop of all of mathael's poo poo with LPH and just not die.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Sep 29, 2014

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I like games that give you a wide range of abilities that make you a fun powerhouse instead of a spreadsheet single build bitch.

None of those fraction of a % crap. Seriously give me at least the whole percent, because I want to stack 100's of 100%s.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

NecroMonster posted:

how many of you diablo 3 liking idiots actually played or enjoyed diablo 2 at all?

I have all the diablos and their expansion packs.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

NecroMonster posted:

but you own every game blizzard has ever made don't you?

No, I'm missing two WoW expansion packs

and I don't have Blackthorne or rock and roll racing

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Third World Reggin posted:

Do you own rock and roll racing

No I just said I didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Word on the street is Borderlands Pre-Sequel has legendary item drops like rain.

The team decided that console diablo 3 gave people legendaries and poo poo without hours of grinding so they decided to one up the loot drop % for diablo.

That and a large % of the userbase for BL2 used cheat engine anyways.

koolkal posted:

its free yo

What do you mean? I don't really dick around with console emulators. It doesn't look like it's on GOG either.

• Locked thread