Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Kitiara posted:

Ditto. That means that I don't have much information for a vote just now, but DHD and PoP are not doing themselves any favors by being so quick to vote for no good reason.

This is a weird post. It is fine if you want to ignore two days of the game, but that doesn't magically mean we should all ignore it as well or that there is nothing to read from it (and how would you know if you admit to not having read it anyways).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

MildManeredManikin posted:

Here's my case:

Fv is scum

Because she's taking this game seriously when like nobody else is but then immediately is like yeah I can relate when I say I want to gently caress around.

I can relate to being bored of the game, because I am bored of the game.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Meinberg posted:

Basically, I got to ask the mods five yes/no questions on N0, which I then received answers for. However, I'm only allowed to reveal one of the answers publicly. After my question "is the game balanced" got rejected, I asked whether or not Diqnol was town, and I got a yes, and chose to share that information, since I thought it was the most useful.

Either the mods lied to me, or Diqnol's alignment changed between N0 and his flip.

So let's assume the mods lied to you on all 5 answers. What thoughts do you have about the game/players from that perspective?

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

Fast Luck posted:

I enjoyed hearing about your dream where Adus's house was decked in royal colors/regalia

this is where all the prize money went. i am once again broke. fabio has nothing on me.

also since we're semi on the subject. to reply super late to something you said in the vista, my ftc answers didn't thrill me either. the time limit was the problem. i take too long trying to craft the perfect answer that ironically i then run out of time and have to rush it.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Hm, I seemed to be the one of only people to feel that way re: your FTC answers, though. The jurors and most other viewers seemed to think your performance was strong! I think it's pretty safe to assume I'm out of touch with what a good FTC performance actually is.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

But yeah, I thought you showed a lot more foresight and thought in your confessionals than you ended up claiming in FTC, where you mostly punted on strategy questions saying you took it one vote at a time.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I hate all of you.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

fiery_valkyrie posted:

So let's assume the mods lied to you on all 5 answers. What thoughts do you have about the game/players from that perspective?

Hm, if they lied to me on all 5 answers then either there must be a lot of protective roles, because otherwise there would have been a lot of nightdeath.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

You said either.. What's the or?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Meinberg how many kills did you have expect N1 from the answers?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

someone better do a death match later i wrote a whole thing earlier.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Fast Luck posted:

someone better do a death match later i wrote a whole thing earlier.

Start playing mafia and I'll think about it.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Power of Pecota posted:

Meinberg how many kills did you have expect N1 from the answers?

Only one, unless there's a town vigilante.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Start playing mafia and I'll think about it.
Hm. Mafia, eh? Ok

Meinberg is town. Even if you think he would fake clear diqnol to help a scum bro, he'd have to know diqnol's role, and that diq can die randomly in a suicide pact when someone else dies, assuming I understood what happened there right. Therefore, he wouldn't tell his lie to protect diqnol but rather a more solid, robust scumbro.

MMM is town. scum wouldn't spontaneously decide to play a game that could lead to their death just because they think it'd be fun to play a totally different, non-mafia game. that'd be too big a dick move to the other scums.

Kitiara is town. she steadfastly refused to reach the post requirement in D2 which i dont think scum would do, unless this game is an even bigger mess than i thought.

hmmm

adus has made basically white noise posts it looks like. nothing to glean from that.

Just going down the list actually and now I'm up to chaoslord. This dude was surprisingly passionate about Kitiara not deserving to live and needing to post more, as i recall. Maybe they could actually be on a scum team together and that's why he was pissed.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3665304&userid=146555#post435411695
I dont really think so but it's possible. He earlier was hinting at having a vig.

btw i know she's in the other thread, but didn't rarity claim she inherited the role of the first person to be lynched? Was what happened to poque considered to be a lynch? Rarity would be scum then.

I never loved the votes on DHD. he's a bit suspicious due to his role but like i said when i was trying to get people to lynch poque, i think DHD is town and made poque scum with his weird power. Would be willing to vote DHD if i had a vote but i think he's town.

There's some more people in this but i'm looking at the player list now and it's too many for me to have the motivation to continue with this post.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

I completely forgot about Rarity's claim, and that's something the other thread should be looking at.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

hmmmm yeah I would probably vote chaoslord out of this thread. and if he flipped scum, move on to Kit. if he flips town then I'd wager kit is town also.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Pecota was trying to stop people from voting Poque because of it being funny to keep Poque alive.... or was that just a cover?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Fast Luck posted:

Pecota was trying to stop people from voting Poque because of it being funny to keep Poque alive.... or was that just a cover?

I told you Pecota is confirmed town, don't waste your time there.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Oh, I didn't get to reviewing your posts. That makes a chaos/DHD vote pretty much imperative imo.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

DuckHuntDog posted:

I completely forgot about Rarity's claim, and that's something the other thread should be looking at.

Rarity said she got the role, not the alignment, which in theory makes her VT.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

It could be a half-truth, and I don't think of goon as really that equivalent to VT considering they can also kill
and talk OOT.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Now it seems like you're stretching to keep suspecting Rarity, DHD. If she said she took the power role of the first lynched, and the scum that got lynched had no power role, that would just mean she's vanilla town.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

People in this thread who didn't vote Poque are DHD, PoP, Adus, yuming, and Kumba.

I think PoP looked the worst, but Hal is clearing him. After that I'm suspicious of yuming who kept calling him a jester and not voting.

##vote yuming

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Fast Luck posted:

Now it seems like you're stretching to keep suspecting Rarity, DHD. If she said she took the power role of the first lynched, and the scum that got lynched had no power role, that would just mean she's vanilla town.

I think given everything we have seen this game it is in no way a stretch that nothing is a stretch.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

fiery_valkyrie posted:

People in this thread who didn't vote Poque are DHD, PoP, Adus, yuming, and Kumba.

I think PoP looked the worst, but Hal is clearing him. After that I'm suspicious of yuming who kept calling him a jester and not voting.

##vote yuming
Chaoslord didn't vote for Poque.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

fiery_valkyrie posted:

##vote yuming

I thought yuming might be scum and still think she might be, but the bit about the jester was before I changed his role/alignment too.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

FL are you actually town? I was assuming you were some kind of 3p with your godkill

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I'm a satellite :(

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I don't know if that's a common mafia term or not, but that's what my role PM said. Basically I can't be killed or vote but can post to my heart's content and vig people, as well as give them fanfic assignments.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Fast Luck posted:

OK I believe I have the gameboard built.

Are you guys still here?

code:
O-------O-------O
|\      |      /|
| \     |     / |
|  \    |    /  |
|   O---O---O   |
|   |\  |  /|   |
|   | O-O-O |   |
|   | |   | |   |
O---O-O   O-O---O
|   | |   | |   |
|   | O-O-O |   |
|   |/  |  \|   |
|   O---O---O   |
|  /    |    \  |
| /     |     \ |
|/      |      \|
O-------O-------O
This is the target that you will be aiming at, based on your postIDs. Maybe but not really. So, ya here?

You have all the ability to create a one on one challenge and you rehash that abomination?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Haha check your PMs.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

fiery_valkyrie posted:

##vote yuming

Whoa you're claiming a lot of cred here for lynching someone who scumclaimed and clearly wanted to be lynched

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

MY POWER MY PLEASURE MY PAIN

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Power of Pecota posted:

MY POWER MY PLEASURE MY PAIN

How about that new season of project runway?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Fast Luck posted:

Haha check your PMs.

I checked my PMs...

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

How about that new season of project runway?

Fade was loving robbed, not that it really matters because Kini's dumping all over everybody. Emily's gotten a pretty raw deal so far, I've really liked her. The judges all are way too crazy about fringe, the TIm Gunn save was wasted, Sandhya's style sucked and my roommate this summer was a huge fan of her and uggghh stuff like that first week challenge + the future challenge were so bad but still won. Kini/Sean/Korina are probably gonna be finalists.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Zac Posen was kinda redeemed for being boring + way too touchy with the models by dropping American Girl facts two weeks ago.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Power of Pecota posted:

Whoa you're claiming a lot of cred here for lynching someone who scumclaimed and clearly wanted to be lynched

No, I just don't think all the scum would have been voting Poque so I'm having a look at who didn't and seeing who looks scummy. How about you express an opinion on any of those players.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

fiery_valkyrie posted:

No, I just don't think all the scum would have been voting Poque so I'm having a look at who didn't and seeing who looks scummy. How about you express an opinion on any of those players.

How about you give me some fresh takes on Project Runway, DAD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Also it's dumb as hell to actually believe scum wouldn't be on Poque, that's the easiest bus ever

• Locked thread