Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Okay

##vote yuming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Hal Incandenza posted:

We really don't need to wait 2 more days to ##vote yuming people.

Pecota report to the doc for more Runway chat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBB2bPwKWVg

##vote yuming

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Also does anyone outside of Hal/me watch project runway because I wanna hear some hot takes

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

I neither watch nor have any opinions either way w/r/t Project Runway, sorry PoP.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Asiina: Teams season was the absolute worst and imo has the worst winner in the history of the show (I missed 10 I think and the third all-stars season)

Like nothing outside of Daniel made that season worth watching and the challenges were super awful. imo this season's going to be the best in a while if the right person wins

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

chaoslord posted:

I disagree I was being pissy, I'm just :words: (you should have seen the post I wrote right now about this before self editing haha). Kitara said it was too hard to get 20 posts in 9 days and I thought that was silly, especially coupled with saying they'd post when it became "more about playing the game" when it wasn't going to be like that, most likely, for at least another two weeks with the large player count.

(Also I know Kitara said that they weren't going to get in an argument but I was hoping they would post back and forth with me and would end up over 20 posts. Didn't work out.)

Real talk, I was upset that the modkills didn't happen because I also wanted things to become "more about playing the game" and cutting from 32 players down to around 25 would have helped speed that up, but splitting threads is probably a better way to do it.

Maybe I misread what the Dr. Hurt said, but I took it to mean that either I posted 20 times in the next 24 hours or I'd be modkilled. I don't think 20 posts in 9 days is too hard, but 20 posts in 24 hours is a completely different story. The pissy bit, imo, was when you went all "you signed up for a 30 player mafia game, what did you expect?". Fyi, I have played mafia online with 40 players and it was hard to follow, but it was entirely game based. There weren't endless vote of people self-voting themselves.

It was nice of you to want to keep me in the game by arguing with me :P, and it probably would have worked when I was younger. Also, I'm a she not a they :P

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009
I have yet to see Hal's explanation on what makes yuming scum.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kitiara, just name 3 people you think are scum with a brief explanation. They don't need to be "strong" reads, just thoughts.

Also yuming is scum because she has actively avoided reads in two threads now, and when she has been here all she has done is say ~~~ooo nooo~~~~ this is too hard :sun: and peace out. I am like 83% certain she is scum from her tone

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Kitiara posted:

Maybe I misread what the Dr. Hurt said, but I took it to mean that either I posted 20 times in the next 24 hours or I'd be modkilled. I don't think 20 posts in 9 days is too hard, but 20 posts in 24 hours is a completely different story. The pissy bit, imo, was when you went all "you signed up for a 30 player mafia game, what did you expect?". Fyi, I have played mafia online with 40 players and it was hard to follow, but it was entirely game based. There weren't endless vote of people self-voting themselves.

It was nice of you to want to keep me in the game by arguing with me :P, and it probably would have worked when I was younger. Also, I'm a she not a they :P

You had to have 20 posts total. You had around four when I issued that challenge.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

Kitiara posted:

I have yet to see Hal's explanation on what makes yuming scum.

you weren't asking me but since i'm gonna make a vote here's my thoughts

yuming posted:

I'm going to be Princess Peach for Halloween :sparkles:

I just skimmed back and saw we didn't lynch anyone but there are 50 pages. Poque is a jester or something why are people voting for Poque.

Hmmm.

on admission did not read the thread very carefully, then wonders why people are voting for the guy who went 'i'm scum, vote for me' a bunch of times. it was one of the few minor attempts to keep attention off him after his 'alignment change'. a guy who ended up flipping scum.

other than that there's a lot of 'there's too much noise in the thread to follow anything' but still is quick to vote jake during thunderdome. immediately votes him the next day after he doesn't die, which isn't that fishy all things considered since i'm still wondering that myself, but it could just be making an 'easy' vote to hide behind. only has one post in this thread.

##vote yuming

we're still at a stage where no vote feels solid, but i feel better about this one than the one for f_v who just seems like a somewhat frustrated town really trying to get the ball rolling.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

SOMEBODY FIGHT ME

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Oh for actual discussion I agree that FV's frustration is not really scummy. ##unvote

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Someone fight MMM right now!!!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Hello Adus.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Members Browsing...

a cat irl Adus Alien Rope BurnBaron FuzzlewhackBeastyfellaBifauxnenBouquetBubble-TBularinComrade GorbashdevilmaydryDioginesFast LuckFriar JohnGreen InternHal IncandenzaHot Dog Day 80isnemisIstvunjng2058KellsterikKerroKing BurgundyLanky Coconut TreeLord FoppingtonMagellanicice9Mikujin MildManeredManikin Mors RattusMusic TheoryMyriad TruthsOpopanaxPata Pata Pata PonPropaganda MachineqqqpppRascycRonwayneShogetonShotgunWillieSomberbrerothatbastardkenTomnTranTsyniTychoBrahesNosevotefinderWaadorWaffleman_Zero Suit RidleyZorajitZorajit

I think Adus vs. MMM would be a very fitting game.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Prove yourself Adus.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I think this was meant to be.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
oh man

sure okay

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

yesssssssssss

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

MMM are you ready?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Yes

So ready I just drew this original picture based on our avatars:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

{Read all the below in that weird Genius Bandage-face voice}

Welcome to the Fantropes.net D3 Death Match... Umlabalaba!

In this variation on an ancient Roman game, you will be placing "cows" on a board in order to create Mills and outmaneuver your opponent.

Rules

Players start with 12 cows, and the game proceeds in three stages, each stage involving moving a cow onto or around the board. You will be attempting to form Mills, which are made when you fill a row of three (horizontal, vertical, or diagonal) entirely with your cows. Please play your turns as quickly as possible in order to keep the game moving.

When Mills are formed, you shoot one of your opponent's cows; that is, remove one of your opponent's pieces from the game board. You cannot shoot more than one cow per turn.

Here are the three stages:

Stage one - Placing the cows: The players alternate placing their cows on an empty space on the game board. Stage one is completed when both players have placed all their cows.

Stage two - Moving the cows: With no more new cows to place, the game is continued by players moving one of their cows to an open adjacent space each turn. Mills continue to work the same way.

Stage three - Flying the cows: When a player only has three cows remaining, they may "fly" one of their cows each turn, moving it to any open space. Mills continue to work the same way.

Winning the game

You win the game when your opponent:
a) has no possible move, or
b) no longer has enough cows to make Mills, ie, when your opponent falls to just two cows

The game will end in a draw if one player is lowered to three cows, and no cows are shot for ten consecutive turns.

Game Flow

You will take turns putting pieces into the game board. The Os are the open spaces, and you can see the horizontal, vertical, and diagonal sets of three that can make Mills on the board below.
code:
MMMMMMMMMMMM

O-------O-------O
|\      |      /|
| \     |     / |
|  \    |    /  |
|   O---O---O   |
|   |\  |  /|   |
|   | O-O-O |   |
|   | |   | |   |
O---O-O   O-O---O
|   | |   | |   |
|   | O-O-O |   |
|   |/  |  \|   |
|   O---O---O   |
|  /    |    \  |
| /     |     \ |
|/      |      \|
O-------O-------O

AAAAAAAAAAAA	 
In the cow placing stage, remove one of the cows from your table, delete an open O space, and put your lettered cow down in its place, and then repost the board in code tags.

If Mills have been formed, please post the game board twice: once after placing your cow, but before shooting the opponent's cow, and once again after shooting the opponent's cow (deleting it from the game board and replacing it with an open O).

Adus and MMM, any questions?

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Sep 29, 2014

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Oops had to edit the K's into A's

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I believe I understand just let me connect to my network of supercomputers to figure out the best moves

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
so do you have to place all the pieces before 'shooting' or is that done in the same round?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

If you get three pieces in a row during the placing stage, you can shoot a cow then, as well. If you shoot a cow, it's removed from the board and NOT able to be placed again.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
okay i believe i get it. i'm pretty terrible at these sorts of games.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

OK, with no further questions, we will now begin.

Adus, as the challenger, you will go first. Please place an A onto the board, delete an A from your rack, and post the new board. MMM will then respond in kind.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
code:
MMMMMMMMMMMM

O-------O-------O
|\      |      /|
| \     |     / |
|  \    |    /  |
|   O---O---O   |
|   |\  |  /|   |
|   | O-O-O |   |
|   | |   | |   |
O---O-O   O-O---O
|   | |   | |   |
|   | O-O-O |   |
|   |/  |  \|   |
|   O---O---O   |
|  /    |    \  |
| /     |     \ |
|/      |      \|
A-------O-------O

AAAAAAAAAAA	 

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

code:
MMMMMMMMMMM

O-------O-------O
|\      |      /|
| \     |     / |
|  \    |    /  |
|   O---O---O   |
|   |\  |  /|   |
|   | O-O-O |   |
|   | |   | |   |
O---O-O   O-O---O
|   | |   | |   |
|   | O-O-O |   |
|   |/  |  \|   |
|   M---O---O   |
|  /    |    \  |
| /     |     \ |
|/      |      \|
A-------O-------O

AAAAAAAAAAA	 

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
code:
MMMMMMMMMMM

A-------O-------O
|\      |      /|
| \     |     / |
|  \    |    /  |
|   O---O---O   |
|   |\  |  /|   |
|   | O-O-O |   |
|   | |   | |   |
O---O-O   O-O---O
|   | |   | |   |
|   | O-O-O |   |
|   |/  |  \|   |
|   M---O---O   |
|  /    |    \  |
| /     |     \ |
|/      |      \|
A-------O-------O

AAAAAAAAAA	 

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

code:
MMMMMMMMMM

A-------O-------O
|\      |      /|
| \     |     / |
|  \    |    /  |
|   O---O---O   |
|   |\  |  /|   |
|   | O-O-O |   |
|   | |   | |   |
M---O-O   O-O---O
|   | |   | |   |
|   | O-O-O |   |
|   |/  |  \|   |
|   M---O---O   |
|  /    |    \  |
| /     |     \ |
|/      |      \|
A-------O-------O

AAAAAAAAAA	 

Jefepato
Mar 11, 2009

This?! This is a glorious dance! That has been passed down! In my family for generations!
So this is like tic-tac-toe writ large? Interesting.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
code:
MMMMMMMMMM

A-------O-------A
|\      |      /|
| \     |     / |
|  \    |    /  |
|   O---O---O   |
|   |\  |  /|   |
|   | O-O-O |   |
|   | |   | |   |
M---O-O   O-O---O
|   | |   | |   |
|   | O-O-O |   |
|   |/  |  \|   |
|   M---O---O   |
|  /    |    \  |
| /     |     \ |
|/      |      \|
A-------O-------O

AAAAAAAAA	 

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

code:
MMMMMMMMM

A-------O-------A
|\      |      /|
| \     |     / |
|  \    |    /  |
|   O---O---O   |
|   |\  |  /|   |
|   | O-O-O |   |
|   | |   | |   |
M---M-O   O-O---O
|   | |   | |   |
|   | O-O-O |   |
|   |/  |  \|   |
|   M---O---O   |
|  /    |    \  |
| /     |     \ |
|/      |      \|
A-------O-------O

AAAAAAAAA	 

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

It kind of sucks going second in tic tac toe

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

MildManeredManikin posted:

It kind of sucks going second in tic tac toe
It does seem to suck going second lol and this has never been play-tested, but it's definitely NOT tic-tac-toe. It's way more complex and they have tournaments and world championships and poo poo about it.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
code:
MMMMMMMMM

A-------O-------A
|\      |      /|
| \     |     / |
|  \    |    /  |
|   O---O---O   |
|   |\  |  /|   |
|   | O-O-O |   |