Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The premium-regular price spread varies wildly even within an area. On the local highways in northern NJ, you'll pay like 80 cents extra for 93 versus 87, but on the side streets it can be 30 or 20.

I like that they've recently given up charging extra for using a credit card, for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
Gas station chains here are QT (7-11 on crack, awesome), Kroger, or a few independent stations scattered about in crappy neighborhoods. In my area, I can get 87, 89, or 91 all with ethanol and 13 cent price difference between each grade. A couple QT stations have ethanol free gas, it's only 87 and costs more than premium, I am tempted to try it just to see if it would make my car's estimated economy accurate. I really haven't tracked my mileage, but I think what the car claims is the average MPG is optimistic.

I have only seen different prices for cash vs credit for diesel at truck stops, which makes sense considering they are buying a hundred gallons of fuel and the card is charging the merchant a percentage. Interstate gas stations are the worst, sometimes the QTs near the interstate have sane prices, sometimes not, and I usually see the sign with the gas price after passing the exit. I pulled up to one lovely station one time to see the price was $normal + .50, so I drove to the next station to see it was an additional 50 cents more.

I have only had one experience with e85, it was a rental car (some Dodge POS that was "not yet" available in the US) with a tank full of e85 and I burned through the whole tank in a day of horrendously lovely mileage before filling it up with regular gas that lasted 3 days. I only know of 2 stations in town with e85, both in areas I don't feel safe going. :v:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Anyway, Das Volk, what does the Viper actually get for combined fuel economy? I feel like that's the really important question.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Fucknag posted:

Anyway, Das Volk, what does the Viper actually get for combined fuel economy? I feel like that's the really important question.

Congratulations for being the first person in history to actually utter those words!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I remember a top gear where they did the most laps in supercars on one gallon. Wasn't a viper in that?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Nope.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

he did write the viper's name on the track by doing burnouts, and i think that is far more important.

Shin-chan
Aug 1, 2008

To be a man you must have honor...
...honor and a penis!

Geirskogul posted:

I remember a top gear where they did the most laps in supercars on one gallon. Wasn't a viper in that?

Just watched this the other day. Viper wasn't in the race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmxUsGiGp3w

The Ferrari 599, Lamborghini Murcielago, Mercedes McLaren, Aston Martin DBS and Audi R8.

R8 "won".

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Also Clarkson forgot there are other superlatives in the language than "incredible".

Yes this has always bugged me

Lusso
Jul 1, 2003

I just read this whole thread. What a crazy ride, and I can't wait to see the new car. DV should probably take it straight to church to have it blessed.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Lusso posted:

I just read this whole thread. What a crazy ride, and I can't wait to see the new car. DV should probably take it straight to church to have it blessed.

I'm sorry, but if the Viper has any religious affinity it's clearly satanic. The holy water would scorch the paint.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

I'm sorry, but if the Viper has any religious affinity it's clearly satanic. The holy water would scorch the paint.

That sounds like that hot wheels poo poo where cars change color based on the water they touch :radcat:

Petekill
May 14, 2005

Where's Hammond?
Well I'll call him!

mlmp08 posted:

That sounds like that hot wheels poo poo where cars change color based on the water they touch :radcat:

poo poo, can you get a Viper One of One painted with that?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Petekill posted:

poo poo, can you get a Viper One of One painted with that?

Yes, yes you probably can.

It's called thermochromic paint, and all it would take to convince dodge to do it for you is a small suitcase full of money.

holy poo poo, i just had a stroke of what could be genius.

This stuff is sold as a powder that you mix into the clearcoat. i wonder if it would work mixed into clear plastidip :stare:

Powershift fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jan 30, 2015

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

As requested, I haven't reset it since I got it back. Also the new motor hasn't burned a drop of oil so far either.

Edit: I'm going to lock this thread to stop the derails and post a new one when the replacement arrives. Get Vegas odds on whether the replacement will work!

Das Volk fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Feb 5, 2015

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

Das Volk posted:

As requested, I haven't reset it since I got it back. Also the new motor hasn't burned a drop of oil so far either.

Not that bad really, I'm sure you were not babying it either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Das Volk posted:

Hah, you thought 10 cylinders were a good idea. I'm getting 13.4 after 750 miles. Hypermiling :smug:

• Locked thread