Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Seat Safety Switch posted:

In a folder marked "The Dasvolk Incident" there were 1,835 unread messages since he stepped off work Friday afternoon. Steve read further, his trained eyes looking for a reason to deny customer goodwill. Over the weekend this man had killed nine hundred new Chryslers, Fiats, Dodges and Alfa Romeos. Pressing the right arrow key, Steve cycled through hundreds of pictures of scarred pistons and burned-out unibodies. Each picture was more horrific than the last. Finally he came to a stop in a picture where the tachometer had somehow been ejected through the exhaust header of a 4c, shattering the delicately balanced compressor wheel into a million pieces. He could take it no more.

Steve Estonia reached for the phone, grimly dialled the number of a man in Turin who would fix anything. Maybe he could fix Dasvolk.
:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Can't wait to see a Chrysler Fixer order a M3/4 for DV just to make the problem go away.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I hope they come through and deliver a bitching car. I'd like to hear an (domestic) automaker doing a good job for once.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

El Scotch posted:

I hope they come through and deliver a bitching car. I'd like to hear an (domestic) automaker doing a good job for once.

If they don't hurry up there won't be much car left at this point. I hit a bump while going really, really fast on a backroad which triggered an airbag sensor warning, resulting in the TCS light staying on and none of the traction control modes being available.

code:
FOUND ACTIVE C006A-49(MULT - AXIS ACCEL SENSOR INTERNAL ELECTRONIC FAILURE). CLEARED DTCS AND RECHECK
AS PER CHECKOUT PROCEDURE. RECOMMEND TO REPLACE DYNAMIC 
SENSOR AND RECHECK.
I'm going to go ahead and guess that bump threw the sensor outside its spec range and triggered the code, and that there's nothing actually wrong with it.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Das Volk posted:

If they don't hurry up there won't be much car left at this point. I hit a bump while going really, really fast on a backroad which triggered an airbag sensor warning, resulting in the TCS light staying on and none of the traction control modes being available.

I'm going to go ahead and guess that bump threw the sensor outside its spec range and triggered the code, and that there's nothing actually wrong with it.

Are you absolutely sure you want another one?

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
Shortly after you pull out of the dealership with your new T/A 2.0 there will be a gigantic skull shaped fireball as your old haunted car explodes.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

That fireball is just the ghosts escaping... so they can posses your new car!

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

8ender posted:

Shortly after you pull out of the dealership with your new T/A 2.0 there will be a gigantic skull shaped fireball as your old haunted car explodes.

Probably. I just got my order invoice today, so the car's going into production soon. I really have to credit Chrysler for being stand up guys. GM dicked me around from the get-go and Chrysler has gone SO far out of their way to make me happy, it's hard to even compare. The new engine in the car hasn't consumed any oil at all, which indicates to me that the engine problem may have existed from the beginning.

quote:

Model: ZDDH29 84,995 80,521
Package: 21H Customer Preferred Package 21H 0 0
EWG 8.4L V10 SFI Engine 0 0
DEC 6-Speed Manual TREMEC Transmission 0 0
Paint/Seat/Trim: PBD Competition Blue Pearl Coat 0 0
APA Monotone Paint 0 0
*H5 Sabelt - Cloth Bucket Seats 0 0
-V5 TA Black/Orange 0 0
Options: WPA 18X10.5 19X13.0 Sidewinder II Matte 0 0
AXV TA 2.0 Package 17,000 15,130
4EA Sold Vehicle 0 0
171 Zone 71-Los Angeles 0 0
Discounts: 3EJ Gas Guzzler Tax 2,100 2,163
YGE 5 Additional Gallons of Gas 0 13
Destination Fees: 1,995 1,995

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004
The gas guzzler tax is listed as a discount?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

loving awesome. Can't wait to see the pics :allears:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I feel like calling cars like these gas guzzlers is like calling Usain Bolt a glutton because he eats 4500 calories during training.

We need another distinction in our gas consumption heirarchy so everyone knows you're properly utilizing the fuel and not just wildly wasting it in a H2 or something.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Ether Frenzy posted:

I feel like calling cars like these gas guzzlers is like calling Usain Bolt a glutton because he eats 4500 calories during training.

We need another distinction in our gas consumption heirarchy so everyone knows you're properly utilizing the fuel and not just wildly wasting it in a H2 or something.

WASHINGTON - President Obama and the EPA today announced the Ha Ha Are You loving Kidding Me Consumption Encouragement, which offers buyers of qualifying vehicles up to $7500 towards the purchase of their totally bitchin' hot rods.

"I am pleased to announce to my fellow Americans that throwing gallons of gasoline down the angry maw of a Cobra Jet intake manifold has never been more awesome than it is today," said the President in a short press scrum after the announcement. "Now get out there and smoke 'em if you got 'em."

WHO QUALIFIES?
If your new car has over five hundred horsepower and you can demonstrate a ten second (or longer) burnout in front of the salesman, you will receive the rebate within six to eight weeks.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jan 27, 2015

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Ether Frenzy posted:

It does seem pretty idiotic to charge a tax that is meant to discourage purchasing vehicles that get poor mileage, considering that it almost exclusively gets applied to sports cars and that "light trucks" are exempt. People who buy cars like this don't give a poo poo about the tax or the amount the fuel will cost. I'm the only person dumb enough to DD a car like this and even then I don't put many miles on it because I don't commute.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

WASHINGTON - President Obama and the EPA today announced the Ha Ha Are You loving Kidding Me Consumption Encouragement, which offers buyers of qualifying vehicles up to $7500 towards the purchase of their totally bitchin' hot rods.

I really feel like this would be more Biden's joint.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Das Volk posted:

It does seem pretty idiotic to charge a tax that is meant to discourage purchasing vehicles that get poor mileage, considering that it almost exclusively gets applied to sports cars and that "light trucks" are exempt. People who buy cars like this don't give a poo poo about the tax or the amount the fuel will cost.

And that you pay for the car after your income is taxed, then the car is taxed for gas guzzler, then you pay sales tax on the price of the car, which includes gg tax.

:911:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

meatpimp posted:

And that you pay for the car after your income is taxed, then the car is taxed for gas guzzler, then you pay sales tax on the price of the car, which includes gg tax.

something something norway denmark something something

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Cocoa Crispies posted:

Yeah, it's the Biden Bill.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Cocoa Crispies posted:

Biden is waiting for the next Camaro before he lights them right in the showroom and crashes through the display glass while hooting "GET SOME."

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Biden is waiting for the next Camaro before he lights them right in the showroom and crashes through the display glass while hooting "GET SOME."

That would get my vote right loving there.

Petekill
May 14, 2005

Where's Hammond?
Well I'll call him!

Biden is waiting for the next Camaro Corvette before he lights them right in the showroom and crashes through the display glass while hooting "GET SOME."

https://twitter.com/VP/status/292361945170989056/photo/1

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Well if GM had unfucked themselves they wouldn't have needed to axe the pontiac brand, and we could have had new trans-ams as well. :911:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

_firehawk posted:

The gas guzzler tax is listed as a discount?

Companies should just make it a discount on all high-power cars. "You want to buy one of our crazy cars? We'll pay the gas-tax."

:allears:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

El Scotch posted:

Companies should just make it a discount on all high-power cars. "You want to buy one of our crazy cars? We'll pay the gas-tax."

:allears:

I've seen a couple of dealers do that on higher end cars. Granted, they're making up that money somewhere else. But still.

Shin-chan
Aug 1, 2008

To be a man you must have honor...
...honor and a penis!

meatpimp posted:

And you proceed to put more gas, which is taxed, into the car than a normal car. The cycle never ends.

I DD two different gas guzzlers. My friends in their Hondas complain to me about gas prices and how I could possible put up with it. They can't understand why I don't care when gas is $4 or more to fill up. They don't understand how much joy I get from driving.

Shin-chan fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jan 28, 2015

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA
I'm driving a dually right now because it's new and awesome. Sure I feel a bit wasteful commuting in it but need to get some miles on it for the first oil change and the fiat is busted. But mostly because I can so why now.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Yea I daily the C10 in the summer and it sounds awesome at high rpms which isnt great for the gas mileage. I dont know how bad it is but its worth it even when gas is expensive.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Shin-chan posted:

I DD two different gas guzzlers. My friends in their Hondas complain to me about gas prices and how I could possible put up with it. They can't understand why I don't care when gas is $4 or more to fill up. They don't understand how much joy I get from driving.

People get so crazy about gas prices, driving across town to save a couple nickels, it's absurd. I don't even look at the price when I fill up, the only time I take note of gas prices is when I'm bored stuck in traffic. And I have two cars (17mpg) and a scooter that all require premium.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

revmoo posted:

People get so crazy about gas prices, driving across town to save a couple nickels, it's absurd. I don't even look at the price when I fill up, the only time I take note of gas prices is when I'm bored stuck in traffic. And I have two cars (17mpg) and a scooter that all require premium.

It's the same thing as waiting 2 hours in line to get free food that costs somewhere in the range of $5-10. I don't get it either.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I once helpfully pointed out to my father that his rewards credit card for a gas station did not save him the card's annual fee worth of gas costs.

That and ridiculing friends who drive long distances to save 2 cents.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA
I use the gasbuddy app when I'm on road trips and such. I can save like 20 cents a gallon by waiting until the next city or driving a mile past the ones just off the interstate. Same thing in town. I saved 35c a gallon on diesel by driving one block over which makes a difference with a 30gal tank in the 3500.

Holdbrooks fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jan 29, 2015

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.
Gasbuddy is great on road trips.

In town I just fill up via habit whenever I'm near (Within a few miles of) one of the two SAMs Clubs in Nashville and under half a tank. I don't even have to think about it and their gas is always about 20-30 cents a gallon cheaper which adds up over a year.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Speaking on gaschat, I switched to ethanol-free a while back. It's still about $3 right now, which is about 25% more than normal premium, but the increased power density makes a huge difference in drivability and fuel economy; my combined MPG shot from 22 to like 26 after a couple tanks, I did the math and it's like 7% more per mile, a cost I'll gladly pay for what the butt dyno says is more power, nevermind having to fill up slightly less often.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

What do you mean "normal premium"

shell v-power is ethanol free, and around here is priced the same as premium elsewhere.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

There's apparently multiple v-powers, one with and one without ethanol. Internet says the ethanol-free version is usually more expensive. The shell near me definitely has the "up to 10% ethanol" stickers on all the pumps.

There's a chevron and a wawa by me that have separate pumps for it (separate pump handle in wawa's case) for ethanol-free, at a higher price.

And I meant ordinary E10 93 octane, as opposed to specifically ethanol-free.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
Gas pumps at the Husky station are pretty clearly marked that premium is 91 with no ethanol. I fill up there exclusively.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
I don't think I've ever seen ethanol free gas in the last 10 years. Google maps says there's one place in Redwood City, though. Ain't going that far out of my way for it.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Raluek posted:

I don't think I've ever seen ethanol free gas in the last 10 years. Google maps says there's one place in Redwood City, though. Ain't going that far out of my way for it.

King's 76 station. Also the one in Saratoga, Sears Point's pump, and Laguna are the ethanol-free pumps in the bay. Not cheap and higher than normal octane too.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Holdbrooks posted:

I use the gasbuddy app when I'm on road trips and such. I can save like 20 cents a gallon by waiting until the next city or driving a mile past the ones just off the interstate. Same thing in town. I saved 35c a gallon on diesel by driving one block over which makes a difference with a 30gal tank in the 3500.

I use it as well, but more to see which gas station between work and home will be the cheapest, or a gas station between errands. Generally it's either Kroger or Wal-Mart's Murphy USA, but occasionally something else will pop up.

I won't drive more than a mile out of my way to save 5c/gallon. On my 13 gallon tank (which, if I really push it until it's starting to cough and sputter, takes about 12.5, so we'll go with 12.5), that's only 63 cents. As cheap as gas is right now, driving a mile or two out of my way might be worthwhile from a pure cost perspective, but it's not worth the extra time sitting in traffic. I just figure out what stations I'm already going to be passing by, and use GasBuddy to figure out which is the cheapest.

Road trips are another story altogether.... when I can actually get a data connection in the boonies. :argh: That's about the only thing I hate about my carrier.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Since we're on fuel chat...does it piss anyone else off that premium is now nearly a dollar more per gallon than regular unleaded? Or is that only in my area?

For example, I filled up yesterday and unleaded was $1.76, but regular was $2.59. Seems like until the past year or so when prices have come back down, premium was 20-30 cents more than regular. Also, the Shell V-Power here (Houston) and every other fuel station has 10% ethanol. Have to drive pretty far to find ethanol free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Since we're on fuel chat...does it piss anyone else off that premium is now nearly a dollar more per gallon than regular unleaded? Or is that only in my area?

Nope, premium is still only about a 20 cent increase over regular around here. But our regular is still in the ~$2.20-2.40 range at normal gas stations (i.e., not Costco or whatever).

Also I think the V-Power being ethanol-free is a Canada thing. It definitely says up to 10% ethanol here, too. There's only like one or two stations within 25 miles that sell ethanol-free and it's a pain to go out of my way for them.

But I don't really keep track of it. Gas is loving cheap regardless.

• Locked thread