Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

Coredump posted:

Figured it not fair to be talkin that smack in the other thread and not where Das can see it directly y'know? As far as it not making a lick of sense, just pretend for a moment we were hearing about this story from another forum, not from here. Someone with vocal prejudice against cars from the US and he has three enthusiast models fall apart on him? All I'm saying is that should be enough to arouse some suspicion is all.

I for one agree with Coredump, things just seem suspicious. Sure a Cadillac, Corvette or Viper might not have the same albino whale penis seat trim as a Porsche/BMW/Mercedes/other euro luxo barge but the failures Das encounters and his vocal hatred of American cars seems weird. Hell, at least with the Viper we know this thing was abused hard before he bought it since the transmission was trashed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
I don't think legalizing this and requiring it is the solution, the solution is to make people put down their phones and pay attention. I believe that most accidents can be avoided if you simply pay attention to what's going in front of you. poo poo load of cars going slow in front of you? Someone probably got rear ended. BMW about to make a turn out of a parking lot without stopping to check cross traffic? Someone is about to get hit. Suddenly interrupted from your Facebook update by retina singing brake lights? You're about to hit someone. If there was a legal standard saying brake lights have to flash or whatever during hard braking, I think it would work for a little while until people start ignoring it just like DRLs or car alarms.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
Gas station chains here are QT (7-11 on crack, awesome), Kroger, or a few independent stations scattered about in crappy neighborhoods. In my area, I can get 87, 89, or 91 all with ethanol and 13 cent price difference between each grade. A couple QT stations have ethanol free gas, it's only 87 and costs more than premium, I am tempted to try it just to see if it would make my car's estimated economy accurate. I really haven't tracked my mileage, but I think what the car claims is the average MPG is optimistic.

I have only seen different prices for cash vs credit for diesel at truck stops, which makes sense considering they are buying a hundred gallons of fuel and the card is charging the merchant a percentage. Interstate gas stations are the worst, sometimes the QTs near the interstate have sane prices, sometimes not, and I usually see the sign with the gas price after passing the exit. I pulled up to one lovely station one time to see the price was $normal + .50, so I drove to the next station to see it was an additional 50 cents more.

I have only had one experience with e85, it was a rental car (some Dodge POS that was "not yet" available in the US) with a tank full of e85 and I burned through the whole tank in a day of horrendously lovely mileage before filling it up with regular gas that lasted 3 days. I only know of 2 stations in town with e85, both in areas I don't feel safe going. :v:

• Locked thread