Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

gently caress, this is around the corner from me. I want it so bad.

http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/603947972/overview/

And it's the best color. :swoon:

...I can't afford it. :sigh:

KillHour fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Sep 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Mighty Horse posted:

Pretty much a sure bet that it will double in value a year or two after.

Obviously, it's because the car can now go on the Cool Wall.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Yes, of course. Das Volk spent nearly 6 figures of his own money on a car he irrationally hates (multiple times), just to purposefully destroy them to prove how terrible domestic cars are to nerds on an internet forum. It all makes sense, now! :sax:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

D C posted:

The new LED police lights are so dazzling when driving its kinda unsafe passing a bunch of cop cars at night. Cant see poo poo.

But how can we ensure officer safety if you can see them well enough to aim a gun at them?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

some texas redneck posted:

The window sticker said ABS too, but I didn't actually check to see if the ABS stuff was there, and didn't realize it didn't have ABS until about 2 months later when I slammed on the brakes to avoid someone that pulled out in front of me. :argh: The manager of the dealer basically said "sorry, it was a typo, but ABS doesn't make a difference in what we charge for a car, and you're past the 30 day return period".

Sorry, no. This is illegal and you have every right to shove that car back up the dealer's rear end. Putting ABS on the sticker is an express warranty that the car, in fact, has ABS. (IANAL)

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Saga posted:

It's probably not "illegal", unless there are very specific state or federal laws about selling cars without ABS (idk), but even if you didn't specifically ask them "does this have ABS, it is vital to my car buying decision", you could probably have got a court to agree that the sale should be rescinded.

In conclusion - loving dealerships.

It's not illegal because you can't sell a car without ABS. It's illegal because advertising a feature the product doesn't have is fraud.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

New vipers don't come in purple. You can get the TA version in orange, though.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

To be fair, you'd have to be a moron to build a car like that with anything but a DCT.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

I think if $250k cars have attained domain amongst the working class, we can safely and finally say "Thanks Obama" once and for all in a tremendously haughty tone of voice and shake our fists at this economic dystopia kenyan marxism nightmarescape

$400k.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/ford/90019/new-ford-gt-supercar-storms-into-detroit

quote:

Prices are yet to be confirmed, but a spokesman steered us towards the Lamborghini Aventador, which costs from £260,000, as a guide.

Read more: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/ford/90019/new-ford-gt-supercar-storms-into-detroit#ixzz3OiQgUaOz

This isn't a car for the middle-aged millionaire-but-blue-collar ranch / farm / factory owner you see living in the middle of nowhere with a fuckton of land that would normally go for a top-tier 'Vette or Shelby.

This is supposed to compete with the Italians. They want to see movie stars and rappers get out of this thing.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Residency Evil posted:

Well that's a bummer.

:(

Is it? I mean, yeah, it sucks if you wanted one and were planning on dropping $150k on a car anyways but think about all the awesome American muscle cars that have been announced/released recently. Hellcat. Scatpack. Z/28. Z06. GT350R. SRT TA. I know I'm forgetting at least one.

Why shouldn't Ford make their Domestitalian Supercar? The only people that want a pony car with a Le Mans body kit are people like my uncle who thinks GM is "totally bringing back the Fiero for 2016. Just watch!"

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Or maybe they did see the Vette thread....

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

That fireball is just the ghosts escaping... so they can posses your new car!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Fucknag posted:

Anyway, Das Volk, what does the Viper actually get for combined fuel economy? I feel like that's the really important question.

Congratulations for being the first person in history to actually utter those words!

• Locked thread