Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mephisto, Lord of Hate: "I don't have to listen to some... some low-level Paladin wearing a pair of Crude Greaves he got back in Act I, sitting around in the back of the healer's tent. I have better things to do."

Tyrael: "Then go do them."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

N-no... Tyrael... your hate only makes him stronger!

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

FactsAreUseless posted:

Today on This American Life: "This Isn't Even My Final Form," an episode exploring transformation, true forms, and boss culture. From Yakra disguised as the Chancellor to Kuja's trance mode, we examine the ways our antagonists continue to surprise us. Our show begins in the small town of Corneria, where a man named Garland once terrified the populace. But Garland would prove to be something much more... a surrogate father to a lost princess.

this thread is too good

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Guard 1: "Shall we gather to listen to Prairie Home Companion tonight?"

Guard 2: "Never doubt it."

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

Mephisto, Lord of Hate: "I don't have to listen to some... some low-level Paladin wearing a pair of Crude Greaves he got back in Act I, sitting around in the back of the healer's tent. I have better things to do."

Tyrael: "Then go do them."

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Today on Auctionhouse Money, we look at how the recent Paladin nerf will affect the value of your purples. And then, Goblins Local #432 is still on strike... will this mean economic depression or a new boom for Ironforge manufacturing?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

That joke's dated, it's just called Auctionhouse now.
/
:glasssay:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Duriel, Lord of Pain: Skreeeeeee! Skreeeeeeeeeeeee!

Terry Gross: What an obnoxious thing to say.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Today on This American Life: "This Isn't Even My Final Form," an episode exploring transformation, true forms, and boss culture. From Yakra disguised as the Chancellor to Kuja's trance mode, we examine the ways our antagonists continue to surprise us. Our show begins in the small town of Corneria, where a man named Garland once terrified the populace. But Garland would prove to be something much more... a surrogate father to a lost princess.

I was trying to think of a TAL opener topic but i can't top this goddamn

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Duriel, Lord of Pain: Skreeeeeee! Skreeeeeeeeeeeee!

Terry Gross: What an obnoxious thing to say.
If you get this one, you're a loving nerd.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

welcome to marketplace i'm kai ryssdal and boy, how about those ghastly gibuses, huh? gibuses? gibusi? anyway, we'll take you into the steam market where we'll find out just what the deal is with who's collecting all those hats and how that could effect the color of your dota 2 costume. but first, a look at the numbers.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Garrison Keillor: "Stay a while, and listen."

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

donate your used car or truck today and receive this free voice pack of the hosts of npr's the dinner party as they discuss your in-game actions within the context of the music, theatre and art they've immersed themselves in this week.

"that creep rush really brought to my mind the darker electro stylings of scandipop sensation MØ"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

We know it takes a long time to breed the gold chocobo. But please, don't just release your reject chocobos. Call 1-800-NPR-BOCO and donate them to NPR. You'll use Knights of the Round to defeat Sephiroth, and we'll use your used or unwanted chocobos to keep bringing you the news, analysis, and community support you've come to expect from NPR. And best of all, it's a tax deduction in Midgar.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

[13 hours of soft jazz renditions of the Chrono Cross soundtrack]

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

you're listening to -- you're listening -- you're -- to -- listening -- you're listening to radiolab from -- you're listening -- from wnyc *laughter of a child* and pri. this week: speedruns.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hello this is Echo, tonight we'll be lets playing metriod prime 3: corruption, over the air waves, and taking.... your calls. 1-888-echo-echo

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mr. Pumroy posted:

you're listening to -- you're listening -- you're -- to -- listening -- you're listening to radiolab from -- you're listening -- from wnyc *laughter of a child* and pri. this week: speedruns.
28 minutes of nat sound from Kaizo Mario World

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is the best thread in Imp Zone and I'm sorry I was mean to BBG

Dec 26, 2012

Ralp posted:

This is the best thread in Imp Zone

it really is

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ralp posted:

Please goldmine this thread before it hits the archives, it was even better than this one, and Imp Zone needs more goldmined threads.

Edit: Minus the last page, if possible.

tupac holocron
Apr 23, 2008
The son of Maryam is about to descend amongst you as a correct ruler, he will break the cross and kill the pig!
the sergeant is screaming something at us by I can't hear his words over the howling of the dropship's engines. through the porthole i see a spark rise from the inferno below, and moments later a giant fist slams us sideways and down of the sky. my plasma rifle is torn from my hands as the cabin depressurizes.

and this is just my first day in story corps.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

brave nazi aviator posted:

the sergeant is screaming something at us by I can't hear his words over the howling of the dropship's engines. through the porthole i see a spark rise from the inferno below, and moments later a giant fist slams us sideways and down of the sky. my plasma rifle is torn from my hands as the cabin depressurizes.

and this is just my first day in story corps.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Morning Edition is brought to you by a contribution from the Shinra Foundation. Dedicated to restoring the lifestream and saving our planet. More information is available at your local Shinra corporate recruiter.

Dec 26, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Please goldmine this thread before it hits the archives, it was even better than this one, and Imp Zone needs more goldmined threads.

thanks for this whoever did it

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

a dark night in a city that knows how to keep its secrets. but on the 12th floor of the ryan industries building, one man is trying find the answers to life's persistent questions: guy noir, private eye

it was september, or at least that's what the calendar told me. it's hard to judge time, being in rapture, a city 5000 feet below the water level

*audience hoots and claps at the reference to their home city and the quirks of the local geography*

stuffy for september too, or maybe it was the ventilation system that broke down for the fifth time this week leaving me with barely breathable air. heck it's gotten so these days i can't tell the knocking from my broken fans from the knocking of the intense water pressure pushing against the thick portholes that the fontaine futuristics guy swears won't crack and let in tons of pulverizing water that will crush me instantly

*audience laughs uproariously*

but the market decided that i get this office, and the market must have decided that this stunning woman would walk in that day because judging by the gun in her hand she was definitely looking to sell me something

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

01011001 posted:

thanks for this whoever did it
And they got rid of the lovely last page. Thank you, Ralp or whoever.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ralp posted:

gently caress you

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

[Story Corps archives, 6/25/20XX)

Dr. Cossack: I was... I was in a pretty bad place. I mean... I was building robots out of, out of...
Dr. Wily: Lightbulbs.
Dr. Cossack: Yeah. Lightbulbs. Vacuum cleaners. I mean I just... you know, after my daughter died, I...
Dr. Wily: It was hard. To move on.
Dr. Cossack: Yes.
Dr. Wily: And then...
Dr. Cossack: Then I met you. It wasn't easy at first, to trust again.
Dr. Wily: We've been married 14 years.
Dr. Cossack: Has it been that long?
Dr. Wily: Yes. I counted.
Dr. Cossack: Wow. God. I just... you know, I never thought I'd have something like this. After I started drinking. I just remember waking up in the hospital, and you were there.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
This is... wait for it.. ahem... radi.. io... radi.o lab. radio lab.. radio the hehe presented by W.N. Y.... C

C

C

Hi I''m Cloud Strife
And I'm Barrett Black

and today we are going to be talking about

Memories.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sure, you can get your news from the Enertron. It'll give you what you need. But when you're hungry for real news, news with substance, you turn to NPR. That's because we're heal-thy. It's got a nice ring to it, right? And when you hear NPR's in-depth analysis of today's news and events, you'll think to yourself: "So there ARE people who can beat up those freaky mutants..."

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Hoodrich posted:

DukeVision would be awesome, the ability to drop Duke Nukem into any Xbox game.

Duke Nukem in Dead Rising: What do you mean there isn't a strip club around, this is vegas!

Duke Nukem in Sonic 4: I'm not running anywhere, these god drat rings all over the place... what the hell are they anyway, cock rings? Hmmn, nope, too small for that

Gears of Wars: What are you rear end in a top hat doing cowering behind cover? Come out here and be a man, I'm sure there is a med pack around the corner anyway you little babies.

God of War: Hey Bro, heard you can get me into hell, I got a few ex's I wanna look up.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Mr. Pumroy posted:

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Morning Edition is brought to you by a contribution from the Shinra Foundation. Dedicated to restoring the lifestream and saving our planet. More information is available at your local Shinra corporate recruiter.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mr. Pumroy posted:

how the gently caress did i miss this

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
im a goddamn retard

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
On The Media is supported by: EA, Its in the game. With this years new Madden 15: UNITE technology, hitting grown men has never felt more real.

"He was just playing playstation or xbox and thought it was actually a good system and thought killing marines and stuff was actually good as well, and then went to syria to join ISIS in Syria"

A British Muslim has come to terms that owning a console leads to terrorism

From WNYC in New York

I'm Bob Garfield

and I'm Brook Gladstone

also on the show

Does welfare encourage teens to stay and home and play games all day, and is that really a bad thing?

*horns play in a cool jazzy way*

From WYNC in New York

This is On The Media

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
THE MYSTERY OF GUILE
Hero Guile (a.k.a. Magus from Chrono Trigger) claims his rap pseudonym came from a Wu-Tang name generator. But investigating whether that's true led us on an odyssey of discovery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I can't leave without my buddy Juan Williams!