Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Happy to see this. The worst Mario RPG by far, but still quite good nonetheless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Oh and one more thing.

gently caress MARIO AND LUIGI RPG TUTORIALS AND SIDEKICKS.
Jesus Christ They just get more terrible as the series went on.

Well except for Prince Dreambert, he's fine.

That seems to be true of Nintendo games in general in recent years (see: Skyward Sword).

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Geostomp posted:

I don't know, the latest Paper Mario was pretty bad too. Seriously, who thought removing nearly all unique characters (even Bowser stays silent for the entire game) and forcing you to use stickers for every attack was a good idea.

At least Bowser's Inside Story and Dream Team were better.

Do not speak of that which must not be spoken. :colbert:

Also regarding Dream Team, I never felt it was too similar to BIS; it came out four years later so unless you did play them at the same time I don't think you'd notice either.

And unless the quality of the games takes a poo poo, I'm fine with less innovation and just more content. Even at their most dull Mario RPGs are more fun and involved than 90% of other RPGs.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Kamek's first appearance was as an enemy type in Super Mario World, which was reprized in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Their leet speak is fantastic(ally bad), you guys are all dull + dumb.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

I'm a little late on this because I have an exam tomorrow, but here's a new update.

Fawful remains the best. :allears:

And good luck with your exam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

The final boss has an absurd amount of HP. It's like the romhack version of the actual boss but it's the real game and not a romhack.

• Locked thread