Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Well, on one hand the leetspeak irritated me to no end. On the other hand, the characters going "oh thank god!" when you stopped them from talking like that kind of salvaged it for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

ChaosArgate posted:

Just out of curiosity, how many would've preferred that the localization team went with the standard all-caps monotone speech for robo-dialogue as opposed to what we got?

I think the joke worked fine, their stuff was supposed to be cringe worthy. definitely preferable over just going "beep boop we are robots"

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

It's not a 6 thousand word essay, but when you find kamek in bowser jrs castle, they commented on kidnapping baby luigi in yoshi's island.

"Disregard saving world, fight over cookies" is the best reason for a dungeon ever.

VVVVV
woohoo, that makes my explanation 6760 words shorter!

FoolyCharged fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Nov 3, 2014

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

I'd assume the rock the yoshi's push is a chain chomp as a nod to the chomp rocks in Yoshi's Island.

Hell if I know why they made them chain chomps there though.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

What a charming, strange little game.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Jobbo_Fett posted:

When you can open up with Copyflower, Trampoliners or any other item that gives you tons of hits, I hardly see defense as being all that important if I can just beef up whatever stat either: Boosts my item's attack power, boosts MY attack power, increases luck to hit harder.

Maybe its because I'm just here for the ride but there don't to be too many enemy attacks that are hard to dodge :shrug:

In general unless your a masochist like me, you get hit often enough that occasionally picking it for roulette makes life easier, but you're going to have a real hard time regardless of your defense if you get hit all the time instead of dodging. The game gives you the power to nullify enemy damage and expects you to use it. If you are a masochist that treats getting hit as a game over, there's no point in ever picking that stat.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Also seeing them fine in chrome. The issue looks local to you and independent of your browser.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Oblivion4568238 posted:

I can absolutely remember everything about the Cackletta Soul fight from Superstar Saga (not everything from the Bowletta fight, though; I frequently overleveled before that and have beaten it in one move before).

To be fair, superstar saga had the shroom slacks, great force(? acc that doubled damage given and recieved), and infinite shot bros powers. If you felt like breaking the game you spent a good chunk of the game ending every fight in one round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Man now you've just reminded me how much cooler M&L:SS's final boss was. I mean sure you could three round it in it's entirety, but when you weren't breaking the game getting blown up and eaten alive where you then take on the evil witches soul from 1 hit point was just awesome in a way that this game doesn't really deliver. That said, PiT's gimmick boss mechanics themselves were pretty nifty and something I wish there had been more of.

• Locked thread