Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
codespace
May 3, 2011

Here's my donation page. I did this last year, raised $150 playing Minecraft on the Nameless Vanilla goon server, streaming almost the entire event.

This year, I'm aiming for a modest increase up to $200, and will be streaming a 4-player run of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel with a trio of fellow goons from the Nameless crew. We're gonna round-robin the streaming, so you'll be able to watch different perspectives throughout the event, and we'll be using the Nameless Mumble server for voice communication, if you want to join the conversation.

It's going to be an absolute blast, and everyone should come watch us be terrible and have fun!

edit: I'll be playing to benefit the Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children and UF Shands Children's Hospital.

codespace fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Sep 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codespace
May 3, 2011

I can email an Extra Life admin to switch me over to team Extra Awful, just let me know when you have everything set up!

codespace
May 3, 2011

sighnoceros posted:

Alright, OP is updated and my first batch of donations have been made! Everyone who posted in the thread has received $5 from me, except for Arrrthritis, when I forgot to switch the donation amount off of $25! So my loss is your gain, congratulations!

Zoolooman and klapman, you have posted in the thread but haven't linked your donation pages, so I have nothing to put in the OP and no link to donate to. Get on it!

Everyone else, great job and thanks a lot! Just by signing up you've already raised $55 for Children's Hospitals!

You're an incredible human being! :allears:

codespace
May 3, 2011

Pez posted:

Depending on how many I can get to join I will hopefully raise my meager goal.

I actually just hit my own goal today, so I increased my goal by 150%! Gonna be going to a couple local nerd bars and seeing if they'd be willing to do a benefit night sometime soon.

codespace
May 3, 2011

Michaellaneous posted:

Okay guys. Goons Hate Cancer is now open. I will add some more text and description. The donation goal is set to a thousand dollars, which I feel is more than reasonable.

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.team&teamID=17638

I forgot to mention, I joined the team last night!

codespace
May 3, 2011

Michaellaneous posted:

Do give me your twitch or hitbox links and I will put them up on our team page. Thanks for joining.

http://www.twitch.tv/codespace

Gonna be passing streaming responsibilities every couple hours among 4 goons while we play the heck out of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. It's gonna be a blast!

codespace
May 3, 2011

Stealthed Zombie posted:

One of the things I think would be useful is notifications when folks donate. Unless I missed something/didn't look hard enough for a plugin of some sort, immediate feedback when getting Extra Life donations would be awesome. It can create a "I wanna make the thing go off too!" effect if you have enough viewers.

They have a system that will send a text to the phone number of your choice as soon as you get a donation. It'd be neat if you could script something up with a Google Voice number or some such to get in-stream notifications of donation.

Also, as of right now, my friends and I raised $405, with a few more donations pending. My original goal was $200, so I really feel like this year was a huge success!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codespace
May 3, 2011

Roki B posted:

I also love contributing to sedentary obesity issues

-Roki b

Not entirely sure what you mean here. Can you be more clear?

Also, unrelated note, I just got a late donation bringing my total amount raised for sick children in hospitals through Children's Miracle Network up to $505! People are awesome!

• Locked thread