Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Okay I am completely new to this but...do I play this games like on Twitch and ask people to donate or something? This is still a bit confusing even after the FAQ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Ahhh okay, now I see how it goes. Thing is I live in Austria and I don't know a lot of people who actually would do that sort of stuff, so I guess I will just do a streaming marathon or so.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Want to stream it together and scream at each other?

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Yeah that sounds about right. :coffeepal:
Not sure if I can be there on the 25th, but if we get a time I can free a day or so.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I would like to start a group for SA and see how far we go as the OP suggest. I will pay the 15 bucks entry fee for the platinum thing.

A few things I need to know:
We need a name. Go to http://strawpoll.me/2677891 and vote for one you like, or suggest one here.
What will be our team goal?
How do you want us to organize? I will do most of that stuff. I think a combination of IRC and Google Docs would fit well.
I will look into creating a very rudimentary website for us where I will link to anyone with a Twitch account who wants that.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I will wait a bit more on more votes for you guys, as well as maybe a few more interestes. I'll post a Gdoc with a table where you can input your info, so I have everything at hand.

I think the best way to do this would be for everyone to use their own stream. Since this is a marathon, a single channel will not really feasible. And I am sure you guys won't mind a bit of extra advertisment.

e:

sighnoceros posted:

Michaellaneous, also just so you know, you don't need to be a Platinum Member to create a team, you can just be a regular old classic member. You may be aware of this, but it's unclear from what you said.

I know but we might as well start somewhere.

Michaellaneous fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Sep 30, 2014

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

So the votes are between Goons Hate Cancer and Extra Awful right now. Very good choices I feel. Please vote so we can get this thing rolling.

http://strawpoll.me/2677891

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Okay guys. Goons Hate Cancer is now open. I will add some more text and description. The donation goal is set to a thousand dollars, which I feel is more than reasonable.

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.team&teamID=17638

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Do give me your twitch or hitbox links and I will put them up on our team page. Thanks for joining.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Added you.
And you guys are loving amazing!

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Well gently caress me, if we reach that goal I have to increase it. We can't be done before it even started.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Thanks again to all of you goons. I did not expect donations to skyrocket that hard. I doubvled up to 2k.

I really can't believe we already collected 1k.

All of you have been added with a twitch link to the page.

Snakeman posted:

Just signed up. I don't get much stream traffic but my friends love the idea of doing the stream and it's all for a good cause.

http://www.extra-life.org/participant/snakeman playing for the All Children's Hospital in St. Petersburg, FL

http://www.hitbox.tv/Snakeman will be the stream, we're planning on playing fun multiplayer games, including a primetime 10 player bomberman (hopefully) and possibly some board games like Betrayal At House on the Hill.

Join our team if you want

And thanks to the OP for including the link

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Thank you all for you participation. I am very sorry I have not got any money yet. Austrian people are pretty egostic when it comes to stuff like that.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Don't feel down when you don't get any donations. As long as you do something and play some games you're golden.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Sure, seems like a good idea. Everyone who wants that, write that here or PM me. Don't forget to include your twitch stream so I can easily edit it.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Sorry for the delay, I will be adding everyone and their descriptions.

Michaellaneous fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Oct 7, 2014

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Don't forget Rising which is balls to the wall awesome.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Smileyfax posted:

My Extra Life page: http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=92260

I did this last year, it was pretty fun. I didn't plan anything in advance, so I jumped around a lot -- I remember playing Terraria, Civilization 5, Euro Truck Simulator 2, and even some old DOS favorites like Raptor and Ragnarok. I'll probably be doing the same this year, just randomly picking stuff off my Steam library.

Do join our Team if you want to. Link is in the OP.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Try to use xsplit maybe?

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Will do.
Also gently caress, I will adjust the goal once more.

So, the inline text editor is the worst piece of poo poo ever. gently caress my life. I will have to think fo something.

e: Pushed the goal up to 3000 dollars if that is fine with everyone.

Michaellaneous fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Oct 14, 2014

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Really amazing how Goons are rushing towards the next goal.
I'll just put it higher once we reach 3k, this is becoming silly.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Amazing work. Setting the goal to 5k, since the event will start soon!

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

The events are coming to a hold pretty soon, I hate myself for not being able to stream.
But, in good news, goons blew that his out of the water and you guys easily reached 5k.

I will not readjust this anymore because 5k was the goal set for the marathon, and you guys managed this, and even more. You can be loving proud of yourself.

Michaellaneous fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Oct 26, 2014

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I actually might be able to stream in a few hours. I really missed the actual marathon but whatever, seeing that so many people are still doing it.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Thanks for that writeup. I will definitely try to come up with a more prepared thing for the goon group and make a small guide for peeps who want to do it, I'll use some of the points if that is fine with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Darth blob posted:

If I stream in a week would it be too late? I have midterms. It would make my year to even raise,15 dollars for the kids

The donation are ending at the end of the year. So no, you are perfectly fine.

• Locked thread