Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
I was wondering if there was going to be a thread for this. I've been looking for one since I signed up back in July.

I started with a modest goal of $100, but I have since ballooned to raising over 6 TIMES that, due to allowing people to choose a game for an hour with a donation of $25. So, of course people have been picking games like Desert Bus, Tapper, Joust and 3 hours in a row of Michael Jackson's Moonwalker in the middle of the night.

So, for a bit of shameless self-promotion, I only have 5 hours left open, if any goons would like to torture me!

My Donation Page

My Team, Super Nintendo Chalmers

My Twitch

I'd also like to pick a random one of you and donate to reciprocate, but I've already donated to, like, 3 people, and my wife and I are trying to close on a house, so spending money may be tight. I'll see what I can do closer to the event, even if it's only $10-15 to one of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Thanks for the :10bux:/2, sighnoceros! (There really needs to be a 5bux smilie)

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

I just wanted to report that thanks to my generous friends and family, I've sold all 24 of my slots for my Extra Life marathon.

Here's my schedule:

8am - 9am : State of Decay
9am - 10am : Toejam and Earl
10am - 11am : Street Fighter II, Chun-Li only
11am - 12am : Jet Set Radio
12pm - 1pm : TBD (picked by my nephew)
1pm - 2pm : The Sims 3
2pm - 3pm : Joust
3pm - 4pm : Mike Tyson's Punch Out
4pm - 5pm : Sinistar
5pm - 6pm : Alice: Madness Returns
6pm - 7pm : Rocksmith 2014
7pm - 8pm : NBA JAM SNES version
8pm - 9pm : Desert Bus
9pm - 10pm : Dwarf Fortress
10pm - 11pm : Wizardry 7: Crusaders of the Dark Savant
11pm - 12am : Moonwalker
12am - 1am : Moonwalker
1am - 2am : Moonwalker
2am - 3am : Duke Nukem Forever
3am - 4am : Tapper
4am - 5am : Crusader Kings 2
5am - 6am : Card City Nights
6am - 7am : Velvet Sundown
7am - 8am : Klax

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

My stream went really well. Ended up raising $870, which is way more than I ever expected. I didn't really feel any pain in the 24 hours, except for the last hour when I was forced to play some Tetris rip-off called Klax. It was so monotonous I thought I was going to die.

The real stars of my stream, however, were my niece and nephew (8 and 6) who stopped over in the afternoon to play with me. They were absolutely hilarious and were a big hit in the chat. I've been working on editing together a montage of their awesomeness, but it will take a while to sift through. (Also my brother trying to explain how to play Crusader Kings 2 at 4:30 in the morning...)

Already talking to the other people on my team about next year, mainly getting together to do it instead of all separate. There's talk of a long Rock Band session with people paying to request songs, more promotion, etc...

Overall, I had a great time.

• Locked thread