Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

:siren: The characters from the 3DS version (Hyrule Warriors Legends) will also be available on the Wii U version. :siren:
Currently, the only known information is that there is some sort of transfer option. No word on if these characters will be available as a stand-alone DLC or if buying the 3DS version is your only option.

Hyrule Warriors is a Legend of Zelda spin-off game for the Wii U that was released on the 19th of September 2014, the 20th of September 2014, the 26th of September 2014 and the 14th of August 2014 in Europe, Australia, North America and Japan respectively. It combines the action of Koei Tecmo's Dynasty Warriors series with the world of The Legend of Zelda, and is being developed by Nintendo and Koei Tecmo.

I like Zelda, should I play this game?
Maybe. It's not a traditional Zelda game so you'll be disappointed if that's what you were hoping for - It doesn't have any of the dungeon exploring and adventure aspect. But it does let you hack and slash through hordes of enemies with characters from various Zelda games and is a ton of fun. Considering the rather lack-luster library of the Wii U I'd definitely recommend this game for anyone looking for something new to play on it.

Second post contains NNIDs for adventure mode sharing & more detailed strategies/combo usage for specific characters

Game modes
  • Legend Mode - More or less the story mode. Unlocks most of the characters

• Free Mode - Lets you play Legend Mode levels you've unlocked with any character/weapon you've unlocked, even ones not normally permitted in Legend Mode.

• Adventure Mode - Takes the map from the original Legend of Zelda and makes each screen a mission. Missions offer variety of rewards, including new weapons, higher ranks of weapons, new characters and heart pieces. Most of the time the cooler stuff is locked until you reveal the secret on the map tile with the correct item card (item card are rewarded from completing certain missions.) Most of these correspond to the secret locations in the original Zelda, so this map should be a good reference for most of them.

Compass - This item will show you where an item can be used by making that area sparkle. (Does not go away until you reveal the secret)
    Bomb - Use this on walls.
    Candle - Use this on trees.
    Ladder - Use this to move across a single space of water.
    Power Bracelet - Use this on heavy rocks or tombstones.
    Water Bomb - Use this on submerged rocks.
    Digging Mitts - Use these on soft earth.
    Ice Arrow - Use this on circles of flame.
    Raft - Use this on piers to cross to the opposite shore.
    Hookshot - Use this on distant targets to pull yourself to them.
    Recorder - Use this on a small body of water.
    Goddess's Harp - Use it on Goddess Butterflies to make Gossip Stones appear.

• Challenge Mode -

Basic Gameplay Stuff
You have light attacks, and strong attacks, the buttons will differ depending on if you selected Zelda or Warriors control scheme.
Combos typically a string of basic attacks followed by a strong attack.

Outside of the odd adventure mode map, every level has keeps and outposts that you can take control of. Keeps are captured by killing dudes in the keep till the bar goes down, at which point you need to kill the keep guardian. Outposts can be taken by killing the outpost guard. Both Outposts and Keeps spawn dudes for you.

If friendly captains or characters get low enough health to trigger their "in danger" state - they will get a green circle around them, just run into and it will heal them up.

Every big enemy and boss has a "weak point" - for big dudes and enemy heroes, you just need to wait for them to use a certain move to open up the weak point (a circle will show above their head,) smash them till it breaks (may take multiple weak point reveals) and you'll do a move that does extra damage. Bosses generally need to be hit with a item at the right time to reveal the weak point, and you pretty much need to use the weak point if you want to do any damage.

Characters & Weapons
Unlock Guide
  • Link - I kinda don't need to tell you who this guy is. He comes with a fancy scarf, and fairy named Proxi that speaks on his behalf (haw haw.)
    Hylian Sword - Standard fare Link, hack and slash with a lot of spin moves.
    Fire Rod - Burn things down! Weapon with a bit of range with it and some really great AOE. (Unlocked in Legend Mode.)
    Gauntlets (and flail) - Hit things with a ball and chain and then drop a loving pillar on your foes. (Unlocked in Adventure Mode.)
    Master Sword - Same as the Hylian Sword, has a special bonus that requires you to first unlock all other weapons. (Unlocked in Legend Mode.)
    Great Fairy - (Unlocked in Adventure mode)
    Epona - To be Added in the Master Quest DLC

• Zelda - The Princess of Hyrule, and kind of a badass one at that.
    Rapier - Has "charge orbs" - do a full basic attack combo to get one charge, or use a strong attack outside of a combo to charge all 3. Charge orbs improve your combo moves.
    Baton - Most of your attacks can be steered and aimed using the control stick. (Unlocked in Adventure Mode)

• Lana - Original Character, Do Not Steal. She was created for the purpose of the game's story, and sorta fills in the slot of a magic-centric character.
    Book of Sorcery - Creates walls and boxes. Use a strong attack out of a combo to leap forward, if she hits one of the walls/boxes she created with that leap she blows it up for massive AoE damage.
    Deku Spear - Summons Trees and Deku Sprouts and water and poo poo. (Unlocked in Adventure mode)
    Summoning Gate - (Unlocked in Adventure mode)

• Impa - Captain of the Hyrule Army, Zelda's Protector in most other games. Ninja badass with a fairly mobile playstyle.
    Giant Blade -
    Naginata - (Unlocked in Adventure Mode)

• Shiek - Each combo finisher prepares a different song, press strong attack out of a combo to play that song and give her some kind of buff. Water creates a shield that blocks everything, Fire creates a trap in front of her that explodes after a bit, Song of Storms gives her a thunder shield that juggles enemies around her, Nocturne of Shadow creates a black hole that sucks enemies in

• Darunia - Goron Dude from OoT, Smashes poo poo with a hammer and rocks out to Saria's song like nobody's buisness. (Unlocked in Legend Mode)

• Princess Ruto - Understudy for a button weight from OoT . (Unlocked in Adventure Mode)

• Midna - From Twilight Princess. Grab dudes with your strong attack outside of a combo to charge up your bar to do more damage. (Unlocked in Legend mode)

• Agitha - That bug girl from Twilight Princess. (Unlocked in Adventure Mode)

• Fi - From Skyward Sword, use strong attack outside of a combo to charge up so you can do more damage. Very mobile attack style. (Unlocked in Legend Mode)
    Use a strong attack outside of a combo to charge up.

• Ganondorf - (Unlocked in Legend Mode)
    His bar fills up as you use combo finishers, and you can hold the button to keep charging the bar, use a strong attack outside of a combo to unleash it, does more damage if the bar is full.

• Zant - From Twilight Princes (Unlocked in Adventure Mode)

• Ghiarhim - From Skyward Sword. (Unlocked in Adventure Mode)

General Tips
  • Start off with Legend Mode, as it has the bulk of character unlocks.
  • Weapons have three factors - Rank, Stars and Slots. Rank goes from 1-3 and determines the base power of the weapon. You need to unlock the higher rank versions of weapons before they'll start dropping. Most rank 2s and all rank 3 weapons are unlocked in Adventure mode. Stars go from 0-5 and give the weapon a straight damage boost. Slots let you put in skills and you can get up to 8.
  • This is a Zelda Game, don't gently caress with cuccos. If you piss them off they'll spawn in hordes, with each cucco you kill splitting into more cuccos until a gold cucco spawns. It has a lot of health and doesn't drop anything.
  • Pay attention to the map and warnings. There's a few levels of warning, usually if you see the red jagged text around a speech bubble or "in need of immediate aid" poo poo is about to go real bad.
  • You can press and hold the dash button to immediately start running.
  • Full A rank in Adventure mode typically requires 1200 Kills, Under 15 Minutes, and less then <?> damage taken.
  • On levels with multiple skultulla, you'll need to do the mission twice to get both.
  • If you're having a hard time with a specific character mission, get more badges, level them up in the bazaar or try to get a higher rank weapon.
  • On adventure mode missions for Kill [x] enemies in under 10 minutes, just ignore bosses and go for mooks.
  • Collecting Skulltula upgrades your bazaar at certain milestones, improving your potion and letting you create more powerful mixtures (

Costumes
Most costumes are currently pre-order bonuses/DLC.
  • Dark Link - Costume for Link, Bonus for buying DLC season pass
  • OoT Ganondorf & TP Gandondorf - Bonus for registering game on Club Nintendo.
  • TP Link & Zelda - Bonus for Pre-ordering with Amazon, to be $$$ DLC later.
  • SS Link & Zelda - Bonus for Pre-ordering with BestBuy, to be $$$ DLC later.
  • OoT Link & Zelda - Bonus for Pre-ordering with GameStop, to be $$$ DLC later.
  • Blue/Zora Tunic Link - Unlockable, related to Skulltula collecting.
  • Red/Goron Tunic Link - Unlockable, related to Skulltula collecting.

DLC
Playable Volga, Cia and Wizro are slated for a free update in October.

Season Pass - $20 - Gets 4 DLC packs
  • Master Quest Pack - New weapon, scenario, adventure map, and two costumes - "Oct 16th for Europe"
  • Twilight Princess Pack - New character, weapon, adventure map, and two costumes - "November in Japan"
  • Majora's Mask Pack - Two new characters, adventure map, and three costumes - "January in Japan"
  • Ganon Pack - Two new games modes - "February in Japan"

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Dec 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Character Specific Tips & Strategy

Midna

Emalde posted:

How to play Midna: A Primer.

BBBBY (the running hand slamming) will automatically install your Darkness buff if you hit any single mook with it. Use this when you are getting low, it'll keep your kill score up as you're moving through areas instead of wasting time not moving to deal half damage to a few guys you've grabbed with the solo Y.

While darkness is active, use BBY forever. It has her longest outward reach, is her boss killer, and will stunlock pretty much everything forever. It also has enough hits to keep darkness proc'd while you're installed, and is one of the combos that spaces everything at the exact distance her X attack is launched to.

Cador_2004 posted:

Ok so the tornado is BBBY and the running is BBBBY. You can tell which you're getting by checking to see if the dog pair pop out after she slams her hair palm. If they don't it's the tornado, if they pop out it'll be the running. Had me confused for a moment myself honestly.

This is key.

Midna is probably my favorite character out of the collection thus far, and is the only character I can regularly get 200+ kills with in Focus Spirit. I couldn't be happier with the way she was designed (well, unless they give us Twilight Princess mode where she gets some other crazy nonsense, which I'm amazed Team Ninja didn't jump at the chance to do)

NNIDs
SnoopDadd420
iastSA
FistfulOfDice
Kaubocks
larchesdanrew
Halgreth
rockepidemic
SFGray
IndigoBlooper
liquidypoo
XAdmiralMundane
RegyRusty
ShockLobster
Widestancer
MarquiseMindfang
Ometeotl
ImpairedCasing
Dionysian
Silver_Falcon
mlernerlam88
mattcruea
Riftling
Zaggitz
Underwhelmed
greenizdabest
mastajake
Mister-Gig

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jan 13, 2015

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
So when you unlock the hardest difficulty it says a blurb about better drops and all that, does it just have a better drop rate on high star weapons/gold materials, or more ruppies, or what?

Also is it better to run a map through with a character for EXP or just plough something quick with your best dude for ruppies and stick them in the dojo?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

For the Zelda players who are worried that it seems this game is just effortlessly mowing down enemies without any fear of damage, the real challenge comes in fighting enemy generals and bosses (who definitely can damage you) and in running back to keeps to save your incompetent allies before they allow for the battlefield to be seized by the armies of evil.

It is definitely not a Zelda game in the traditional sense. It's a button masher strategy adventure that makes the grinding aspects interesting by making sure that you're always doing something a little different and packing in lots of material. You can get materials for badges, level characters and get better weapons, but hours in, you're still just going to feel like you're playing new material and doing all of it as you advance, even when you replay maps.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Its a Dynasty Warriors game where the Zelda characters showed up.

If you haven't played any Musou (DW) games before, the gently caress is wrong with you. Get on that, they're super fun games for relieving stress after work, just mindlessly smashing on dudes. You should play Dynasty Warriors. And this is a great one to start with.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm surprised that all the characters have at least one weapon that's fun to use since there's usually a few in Warriors games that are really unfun to play as. (although some weapons aren't very fun, gently caress you lana's spear). I'm hoping the adventure mode maps being added as DLC are their own map overlay and not just the same map with diff item/unlock placements.

NNID is SnoopDadd420 if anyone wants to add me.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'm hoping the adventure mode maps being added as DLC are their own map overlay and not just the same map with diff item/unlock placements.

I'm expecting the adventure modes for the DLCs to be the world map from that game, with the various locations being the nodes. I'm kinda curious to exactly what sort of unlocks they'll even use to fill out the adventure mode maps - for the Master Quest DLC, it's only going to have one new weapon, so that's like, 3 rewards (one for each rank.) It'd be a bit lame if it was just a big grid and like 5 worthwhile unlocks.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My least favourite weapon so far has to be the Baton, unfortunately, I was looking forwards to it but it seems to have the critical flaw of no range and no mobility, unless I was using it wrong.

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.
This game is surprisingly fun, though I wish it was a bit harder. My girlfriend and I are breezing through Legend pretty easily (save for that second Twilight Kingdom level).

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

My least favourite weapon so far has to be the Baton, unfortunately, I was looking forwards to it but it seems to have the critical flaw of no range and no mobility, unless I was using it wrong.

I haven't played with it enough, but it feels like it has potential, and it probably just felt weak because I only had a rank 1 baton vs. a rank 2 rapier. Sort of the key piece with the baton is just about every move is influenced by the control stick - like the fire rod's flame thrower, you can turn while using certain combos. Also, a strong attack outside of combo creates a whirlwind you can steer to gather up enemies. The combo that makes the music bars has decent range too.

I think my least favourite weapon so far is the Deku Spear. It's just too immobile compared to the book and and I really don't like the special.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Any tips (or links) on how to not suck completely at this game? :smith:
I absolutely love the game, but I'm terrible at keeping track of so many things at once(different people and keeps needing defending, enemies needing killing, objectives needing completing) and while I read that most people think normal difficulty is way too easy I've failed several missions and adventure mode stuff on easy..

I'm hoping it's mostly because I don't get the type of game yet, but I often feel that it's already too late once it warns me. Like there's not even any red on the map and I suddenly get "we're losing the allied base" because apparently one moblin got in there on his own and took over the base himself. Not to mention getting two "we're completely screwed" messages, one on each side of the map.

It was mentioned in the Zelda thread, but I never saw a reply, is there a way to "heal" your keeps in any way? I've lost several fights after saving the allied base with a sliver left of it's HP only to lose it seconds after I leave because some mook tickled a soldier or something. Also, do enemies some times spawn infinitely even when there isn't an outpost anywhere nearby? In one mission I failed the mission because I was defending the keep from seemingly ever-spawning mooks until eventually a different keep fell and we lost.

I also feel like I never actually have time to take over non-mission-related enemy keeps because by the time I take over the keep one (or several, even) of our keeps are overrun.

Please teach me how to play this game, I love it so much but I suck so bad :negative:

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
You can't heal keeps. If your allied base is that low then you've already messed up and let it become that way. Give it some time and you'll be able to prioritize what's happening on the map, you can also always pause the game and check the battle log to see what's going on.
The first warning usually means you should check it out soon but there's still time to finish what you're currently doing. If a character is in danger then you need to book it as fast as you possibly can.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Your Computer posted:

Please teach me how to play this game, I love it so much but I suck so bad :negative:

One of the most important things to remember is that it's not a race. It's tempting to just run out there and start wrecking mooks, but that'll lead you to overextending. Spend some time at the start of a mission fortifying the areas around your starting bases, taking over forts and outposts. If you get a warning that a nearby base is in trouble and it's close to your home base, then you should peel off and take care of that.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!

Your Computer posted:

Also, do enemies some times spawn infinitely even when there isn't an outpost anywhere nearby? In one mission I failed the mission because I was defending the keep from seemingly ever-spawning mooks until eventually a different keep fell and we lost.

When defending, keep an eye out for unlabeled bigger enemies, ie Bokoblins, Stalfos, etc. They can be hard to pick out, especially since you won't be able to lock-on to them, but if you get rid of them you should get a message saying that the enemy forces have withdrawn. It doesn't seem to be entirely consistent, sometimes it feels like it's just wave after wave of tiny shits that never stop, but it is something to look out for.

If you do get into a situation where it's just the little guys, do your best to thin them out then let your buddies handle it. Fortify a nearby keep then check back in to see if it's still a mess. It'll get sorted out eventually.

Vanrushal fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Sep 29, 2014

murphyslaw
Feb 16, 2007
It never fails
This is the most ridiculous, anime-est Zelda game ever. And typically that would mean I'd hate it, but it's really fun.

I do think the gasps, grunts and related anime quacks the characters make in the cutscenes is annoying as loving poo poo though. GUHH. GUAH. GWAH?? BLUH. BLAH!

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I'm pretty sure that the keeps do heal HP slowly over time while they're not being attacked.

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
So do you ever get anything for killing the gold cucco? I thought for sure as much as a pain in the rear end they are they would at least give some unique material but haven't gotten anything so far.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

The buttrock-izing of the Zelda music is quite possibly one of the best side-effects of this game.

Oxyclean posted:

I think my least favourite weapon so far is the Deku Spear. It's just too immobile compared to the book and and I really don't like the special.

Seconded. Lana's book special isn't that hot either. Especially if you're using it right after getting your first 100+ KO's super with Sheik.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Hey Fingercuffs posted:

So do you ever get anything for killing the gold cucco? I thought for sure as much as a pain in the rear end they are they would at least give some unique material but haven't gotten anything so far.

They drop nothing, they're there purely as a punishment mechanic.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Your Computer posted:

I also feel like I never actually have time to take over non-mission-related enemy keeps because by the time I take over the keep one (or several, even) of our keeps are overrun.

There's a fair bit of prioritizing you have to do. Not every callout is grounds for immediate action, a lot of scripted events are Spoken About as urgent but the characters will wait around for half an hour while you go clear out the other half of the map or do other prep work. There's some trial and error involved, some missions you won't clear the first time but if you've gone in with the goal of understanding what's going to happen the second pass should be easier. Pause frequently and check on the Enemy commanders, like I've had a mission where it warned me of a Bombchu across the map and silently spawned #2 right next to me, doing it in the called out order would've been a huge hit to time. Things will also get easier as you/your weapons get some more levels. On older Musou games I'd do the first clear on Easy just to get the hang of missions and objectives.

I've had a few missions where my home base was about to fall and I just booked it for the enemy commander instead. Surprising how often that's effective.

My NNID is JawnV6, add me for.. whatever Adventure mode shenanigans work out, I've done some missions for others but haven't yet seen a reward come back?

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

My NNID is iastSA. Need more Network Links!

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Dastardly posted:

If a character is in danger then you need to book it as fast as you possibly can.

I'm assuming this also means unnamed characters (Hyrulean captains)?

Evil Mastermind posted:

One of the most important things to remember is that it's not a race.

It... it's not isn't it? :downs:
Going to go ahead and guess this is what I'm doing the most wrong. It's not a "hell yeah let's murder some mooks" either, it's more like "oh poo poo if I don't rush them right away they'll take all of our keeps". I'll try taking it slower next time.

Thanks for the advice so far!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Oh yeah, my NNID is FistfulOfDice. Let's be Nintendo buddies!

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Wait, what do NNIDs do with Adventure Mode?

Whatever it is, sign me up. Add me at "Kaubocks" if you want to party and do hard drugs.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Your Computer posted:

I'm assuming this also means unnamed characters (Hyrulean captains)?

In general, let Hylian Captains die. If it fails the mission, welp, now you know that's a critical one :v:. This game is far more generous with checkpoints than any of the others in the series. Also, if you're having a LOT of issues, use the in-mission save point if you're worried it's a critical juncture.

Unless the person crying out uses the words "immediate aid" and is on the Mission failure qualifications, I generally don't bother.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Is there a good way to farm Rupees? I'm trying to do the Fi map where you have to kill 3 imprisoned ones and it just kicks my rear end, I can barely do damage to the first wave of enemies either. I didn't use her much so she's only like level 17 but the dojo cost is pretty absurd.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

5er posted:

Lana's book special isn't that hot either.

I really hated Lana's book at first, but BBY is a beautiful juggler and I never get tired of jumping into walls and demolishing hordes :allears:

Also, NNID is larchesdanrew. Want me some Nintendo buddies.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Feel free to add me for this/Mon Hun/whatever as Halgreth. I'm really liking Adventure mode, it's surprising how much I remember regarding the locations of the secrets from Zelda 1.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

"To halt the Imprisoned's advance, you need to use The Groosenator"

That's just loving low, game. Why do you do this to me.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

What's the nude code is there one

I want to see some animated tits.

Rock Epidemic
Mar 17, 2001

I mostly went into this game with a sense of novelty, and it has ended up way more entertaining than I expected. Granted, I tend to play Warriors/Musou games pretty sparingly, but it really manages to to hit all of the right points (and the Zelda nods usually leave a stupid grin on my face).

5er posted:

The buttrock-izing of the Zelda music is quite possibly one of the best side-effects of this game.

Completely agreed. I've had to explain to some friends why I am so unabashedly amused at the rocking jams laid on top of happy Zelda music. One of them decided to check it out entirely because of that, and ended up buying it after claiming it looked terrible before.

And since we seem to have a streak going, feel free to add my NNID as rockepidemic. Otherwise, I'll try and go through the previously posted ones and add everyone when I get a chance.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
So what is the multiplayer like on this? I haven't seen anything regarding it.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Is there a good way to farm Rupees? I'm trying to do the Fi map where you have to kill 3 imprisoned ones and it just kicks my rear end, I can barely do damage to the first wave of enemies either. I didn't use her much so she's only like level 17 but the dojo cost is pretty absurd.

Do you have any Rupees+ weapons? Those took the ~2k I was getting from maps and turned it into 10k. That mod makes each mook spits a few rupees. Some of the Legend mode clears were worth ~40k iirc, not sure if that's the same reward on a re-run but that ought to be worth more than a few levels from 17.

Forgot to mention how much I like the co-op. Nice to know that the Wiiu can push out 2 different screens for the pad/TV (even if framerate takes a dive) and having an IRL human I can direct towards cross-map objectives is grand.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

One thing to keep in mind is that most of the objectives that aren't "guard this person" or "defend this keep from attackers" can be put off, so it's often better to put off the objectives to conquer keeps and outposts, and defend anybody who needs defending.

In the first level where Cia appears, for example, it's better to save Impa from Volga early on, or else he's going to walk around wrecking everyone while you take over the two keeps listed on your objective.

Watch your map for the big threats and take them out before you start following the missions. Large red circles, red diamonds and red squares near your base make good targets. It gives you a little leeway later when the dragons start pouring out and auto-conquering some of the ground you've already covered.

This is all coming from someone who's mostly just played a bit of the campaign on normal, so take it with a grain of salt.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Philosopher King posted:

So what is the multiplayer like on this? I haven't seen anything regarding it.

As someone who has played through a good portion of Legend mode in co-op, I can safely say that it's awesome. One person plays on the gamepad, the other plays on the TV using either a wiimote+nunchuk or a pro controller. P1 is still limited to whatever characters you can pick for that mission, but P2 can pick whoever out of the characters you've unlocked.

Weird thing though--it'll just spawn an "extra" copy of that character for them to play as. So if the mission includes Link and Impa, and P1 plays as Link, and P2 picks Impa, there will still be a CPU-controlled Impa helping you out in addition to your friend running around as Impa.

Aside from that, you can do co-op in literally any mode afaik, just make sure P2 hits + to join in when you're on the character select screen. The only limitation is that you can't both pick the same character.

EDIT: Oh also my NNID is XAdmiralMundane.

Xad fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Sep 29, 2014

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

Never played a Dynasty Warriors game before, but I'm having a ton of fun so far. Only played a little bit of Adventure Mode so far, but it seems like I'll be putting a ton of hours into it.

My NNID is SFGray if anyone wants to be Zelda pals.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
Man I can already tell Adventure Mode is going to steal away a full month of my time, even with the third or so of it I've already done.

NNID should be IndigoBlooper, but I don't have access to my 3ds or WiiU right at the moment to check so if I'm wrong I'll edit this later.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Hurray, my title! :neckbeard:

Just unlocked Ruto about an hour ago, whats the deal with that water gauge? It seems like she might be pretty good, but I think I'm missing something critical. Seems like shes pretty good at killing weak points, but I haven't played her enough yet to be sure.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Does anyone know how much space the DLC for this is likely to take up? I have one of the old, sad Wii U's with no space, so I've been storing downloads for the game on a 16 BG USB, which also has Windwaker HD on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

THE loving MOON posted:

Hurray, my title! :neckbeard:

Just unlocked Ruto about an hour ago, whats the deal with that water gauge? It seems like she might be pretty good, but I think I'm missing something critical. Seems like shes pretty good at killing weak points, but I haven't played her enough yet to be sure.

the water gauge is for her X attack. she shoots waves at people that each take about a fourth of the gauge. And I think if it's full when you start the attack, she fires off a really large wave at the end.

• Locked thread