Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Still don't see myMail on the App List. They are the best and most responsive team making a mail App as far as I am concerned. Today they optimized for iOS8 and also added Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync Support, for those who care about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Still don't see myMail on the App List. They are the best and most responsive team making a mail App as far as I am concerned. Today they optimized for iOS8 and also added Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync Support, for those who care about that.

This seems nice but I am naturally suspicious of how long it will last. Free app, free email addresses..

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Legs Benedict posted:

This seems nice but I am naturally suspicious of how long it will last. Free app, free email addresses..

Free email addresses actually came pretty late (many months) after it was released. I don't even use that feature.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

XyrlocShammypants posted:

I set up myMail for my mom on her 4S recently and she loves it. She's still stuck on the same POP3 email address that she's had for like the past 15 years and refuses to get a different (IMAP) email address because she feels like nobody will know how to contact her :rolleyes: But when I set up her POP email account in Mail.app, it was downloading like 1,000 messages to her phone and there's no "Select All" button in Mail.app that she could use to delete all of those at once since she had already read them on her computer. Tried to find her a free mail app she could use that would let her use a POP account and had a Select All button and I found myMail. I set it up for her and within a few minutes she had deleted all those old emails and had a clean inbox.

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

ICHIBAHN posted:

I'll try that, hermanos. Bless you.

Ok, reduced the size to their suggested font and that fixed the obscuring issue. The app still hides the top status bar though which is quite frankly rude as gently caress.

Yeah I did notice if you use their font, and not the default Helvetica, I was seeing stuff getting truncated in the mention list view (and maybe other places but I didn't look so hard). It seems there's some bug with rendering.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
myMail is ugly.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
still having issues with their default size & the non Helvetia font. piece of poo poo. I'll wait for an update.

Unacknowledged
Jul 20, 2004

Nobody likes me.
Is Gmail push broken in mail.app now since iOS8? I know you had to link your device before a certain date before, but now it just seems like it's completely busted, despite being on the same device.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Unacknowledged posted:

Is Gmail push broken in mail.app now since iOS8? I know you had to link your device before a certain date before, but now it just seems like it's completely busted, despite being on the same device.
Updating broke your push, I'm pretty sure. You can't get it back. Sorry. It's Google, not you.

Highly Unnecessary
Dec 24, 2009

I plan on switching to an android phone soon and still have $80 of credit on my itunes account, is there any way to turn this into real money? I was thinking maybe through a gambling app but I don't have any experience with them.

Otherwise, how would you guys recommend spending it?

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

Highly Unnecessary posted:

I plan on switching to an android phone soon and still have $80 of credit on my itunes account, is there any way to turn this into real money? I was thinking maybe through a gambling app but I don't have any experience with them.

If there are poker game apps or whatever that let you buy chips with IAP, there is no way to turn that back into real money. You also can't buy an iTunes gift card with existing iTunes credit, so you can't convert that into a code you could sell on SA-mart or something.

Your best bet is to just buy some music from the store, the .m4a files will play just fine on an Android phone.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Can't you gift apps? Sell your credit bit by bit, with enough of a discount to make it worth the time of both parties.

:shrug:

Bummey fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Oct 2, 2014

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Bummey posted:

Can't you gift apps? Sell your credit bit by bit, with enough of a discount to make it worth the time of both parties.

Can't gift with cards.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Anyone try this?

Weather Widget by International Travel Weather Calculator
https://appsto.re/us/6sJW0.i

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Looks nice from that screenshot, but I'm not paying $2 to find out, especially if there are no customer reviews yet.

aeiou
Jul 12, 2006

It's cold in here...
Just kidding! It's to
fool enemies..
Any recommendations for a good walking/cycling tracker? That can graph time, distance, speed and a map over time?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

aeiou posted:

Any recommendations for a good walking/cycling tracker? That can graph time, distance, speed and a map over time?
Strava. It's free and it owns.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

aeiou posted:

If you just want a pedometer+ in your phone, well, there's an app called pedometer plus. But Fitbit, moves, and tons of others are also good. I think moves is the coolest.

If you're doing triathlon training, I recommend runmeter. It has the most reliable pace reminders that I've encountered, which was key for me.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
http://keysonic.dsonic.com

:psypop:

Why does this exist?

ickna
May 19, 2004

So we can have a more android-like user experience?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Everyone get Scribbleboard. I just drew my friend sucking a dick and sent it to him on iMessage.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe
Aw man, you used to be able to turn off the flashlight by tapping the swipe up for camera thingy. I guess iOS 8 killed that featurebug.

Mechanical Fiend
Sep 5, 2011

How'd that asshole get a white robe?!

tuyop posted:

Aw man, you used to be able to turn off the flashlight by tapping the swipe up for camera thingy. I guess iOS 8 killed that featurebug.

Just slide the camera all the way to the top and pull it back down.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mechanical Fiend posted:

Just slide the camera all the way to the top and pull it back down.
That didn't do anything for me :confused:

VSCO Cam (camera app) is free and lets you leave the flashlight on.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

tuyop posted:

Or just using the quick settings panel? Like, there's a button right there.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Use it to pay for some service that works everywhere like whatever music/video/movie streaming stuff...if they take payments in app at least.

Lady Gaza
Nov 20, 2008

Does gmail not push through its own app or just not through mail.app? I've lost push notifications on my iPhone since updating to ios8, but still have them on my ios7 ipad.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

If your push notifications aren't working try disabling and re-enabling them for whatever app they aren't working for. Some of my apps did that when I upgraded to the iOS 8 GM but I fixed them by doing that.

Gmail app has been pushing fine for me.

Lady Gaza
Nov 20, 2008

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

If your push notifications aren't working try disabling and re-enabling them for whatever app they aren't working for. Some of my apps did that when I upgraded to the iOS 8 GM but I fixed them by doing that.

Gmail app has been pushing fine for me.

That sorted it, thanks!

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Are there any apps that will let me download Youtube vids for greasy offline viewing?

e: MxTube seems to work again so that about solves it

Xabi fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Oct 3, 2014

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Kaizoku posted:

Or just using the quick settings panel? Like, there's a button right there.

Well, obviously. The flashlight isn't stuck on, it was just cool to tap the little camera and switch it off instead of swiping up and clicking the flashlight button.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.

Xabi posted:

Are there any apps that will let me download Youtube vids for greasy offline viewing?

e: MxTube seems to work again so that about solves it

How do you download a video in mxtube? When I save the video it literally just saves it. Nothing downloads.

ScarletBrother
Nov 2, 2004
So I want to be able to play video files such as .avi, .mkv, etc. on my iPhone. First of all, is this possible? Secondly, what combination(s) of witchcraft/apps are best for this?

Edit: I see that VLC exists and supposedly works. What's the way to get the files from my computer to the phone?

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

Disappointing Pie posted:

How do you download a video in mxtube? When I save the video it literally just saves it. Nothing downloads.
Press the plus under the videos in the search result window. It gives you an option to download stuff into your movies folder.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

ScarletBrother posted:

So I want to be able to play video files such as .avi, .mkv, etc. on my iPhone. First of all, is this possible? Secondly, what combination(s) of witchcraft/apps are best for this?

Edit: I see that VLC exists and supposedly works. What's the way to get the files from my computer to the phone?

Plug it into iTunes, go to the apps tab under the device, scroll down to app data or whatever it's called, click VLC, drag your animu into that box or browse for it with the browse button.

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

tuyop posted:

Plug it into iTunes, go to the apps tab under the device, scroll down to app data or whatever it's called, click VLC, drag your animu into that box or browse for it with the browse button.

Close:

http://en.kioskea.net/faq/10268-add-videos-in-vlc-media-player-for-iphone

This should get you started.

ScarletBrother
Nov 2, 2004

tuyop posted:

Sweet! Thanks for the fast reply. Is VLC the go-to app for this sort of thing, or is there a goon-preferred animu watching app?

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

ScarletBrother posted:

Sweet! Thanks for the fast reply. Is VLC the go-to app for this sort of thing, or is there a goon-preferred animu watching app?

I think Americans prefer nplayer because VLC in the US has some weird DRM issues.

Plex and a media server on your computer will make this much more seamless and just let you stream the data to your device. There are some apps now that also let you play from Dropbox or google drive.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

ScarletBrother posted:

VLC works fine, other than crashing at startup sometimes on iOS 8. You just have to switch your device to a Canadian city in the same timezone to bypass the DRM. I thought it was removed from the store because of a copyright claim by Nokia, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Best Wikipedia app? I just bought wikilinks. I'm just tired of going to safari to do a search and Finder doesn't always seem to search wiki for me