Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Demos posted:

How about Moves? It's a step counter app that tracks walking and other sorts of physical activity separately, sums up calories used and distance moved. I seem to recall there being some controversy about them (though I can't recall for what), but it seems decent and works on the iPhone 5C, which seems to lacking in most other similar apps I've seen on the app store.

I tried moves for awhile, but if you ignore its calorie calculations (which you 100% should), then I don't see much point to it other than sperging out about your daily routine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe
Man, the transit widget is awesome.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

aeiou posted:

It doesn't display anything for me. Just has the 'Nearby Lines' header.

That's weird.

Two of those lines are like a kilometer away, so it's useful for working out walking time as well. Google maps is still how I plan trips, but this is great for checking a bus's time when I'm standing at a stop.

I'm thinking of killing that Evernote widget. I never use it.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

aeiou posted:

Any recommendations for a good walking/cycling tracker? That can graph time, distance, speed and a map over time?

If you just want a pedometer+ in your phone, well, there's an app called pedometer plus. But Fitbit, moves, and tons of others are also good. I think moves is the coolest.

If you're doing triathlon training, I recommend runmeter. It has the most reliable pace reminders that I've encountered, which was key for me.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe
Aw man, you used to be able to turn off the flashlight by tapping the swipe up for camera thingy. I guess iOS 8 killed that featurebug.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Kaizoku posted:

Or just using the quick settings panel? Like, there's a button right there.

Well, obviously. The flashlight isn't stuck on, it was just cool to tap the little camera and switch it off instead of swiping up and clicking the flashlight button.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

ScarletBrother posted:

So I want to be able to play video files such as .avi, .mkv, etc. on my iPhone. First of all, is this possible? Secondly, what combination(s) of witchcraft/apps are best for this?

Edit: I see that VLC exists and supposedly works. What's the way to get the files from my computer to the phone?

Plug it into iTunes, go to the apps tab under the device, scroll down to app data or whatever it's called, click VLC, drag your animu into that box or browse for it with the browse button.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

ScarletBrother posted:

Sweet! Thanks for the fast reply. Is VLC the go-to app for this sort of thing, or is there a goon-preferred animu watching app?

I think Americans prefer nplayer because VLC in the US has some weird DRM issues.

Plex and a media server on your computer will make this much more seamless and just let you stream the data to your device. There are some apps now that also let you play from Dropbox or google drive.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Megasabin posted:

Is there a good todo app that falls on the feature spectrum somewhere between Wunderlist and Omnifocus, and also has a web app? Wunderlist is too simple, as I would like to have options to have reoccuring tasks (Wash Sheets every 2 weeks, Call X person every 2 weeks), set due dates on certain tasks, etc... Omnifocus seems great, but not having a web app is a killer for me, as I'd like to be able to view/edit tasks from my desktop as well as my iphone/ipad (I have a PC and their desktop software is mac only).

Remember the Milk actually has almost everything I want, but it's just kind of dated and no longer has any support. I basically want a more modern/updated version of remember the milk.

Apple's Reminders does this. And it has a webapp for cross-platform support. Though that's not as nice as a Windows desktop app, I agree. I really don't get the interest in third party list and reminder apps.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Lum_ posted:

I'm a huge fan of Acompli and the iOS 8 update for it just dropped over the weekend. It's an all-in-one client that pulls in *everything*.

https://www.acompli.com/

Looks like Mailbox and Fantastical had a wonderful baby.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

CaptainPsyko posted:

So, what's the go to for filling in PDF forms these days?

Ideally free?

I use Evernote/skitch, but I rarely fill out PDF forms on an iOS device. It's really more like, "you forgot to put your postal code in this form. Email it back to me ASAP with your postal code." I don't even think it recognizes fields so much as let's you annotate text onto a document.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Yeah, stock podcasts app does everything I could hope in regards to listening to idiots talk about things.

Smart speed sounds awesome but I haven't tried Overcast for exactly these reasons. The most important one for me is Siri compatibility for driving. I wish there were more options to use apps with Siri even though I guess it could mess with security.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe
Since this kind of instant weather information wasn't available to you four or five years ago, yet you carried on fine, it's probably totally unnecessary and you really shouldn't worry about it that much.

the kawaiiest posted:

I walk everywhere and use public transportation.

Me too but

And really, the answer for the next six months is going to be either "Yes, the thin one." Or, "No, the loving thick rear end one so that you don't succumb to exposure at the bus stop."

Occasionally I might get, "Don't leave the house because the air will cause you to die."

All of this is only slightly more convenient than sticking my arm out the front door.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Feenix posted:

Also the "you got along fine without this 5 years ago, calm down!" Is probably the most ridiculous thing ever to say in an iPhone thread, no? :)

Well, maybe? I mean I'm pretty dependent on the thing for productivity, but that stuff isn't novel and it's really just a huge improvement on a bunch of paper products that have existed for decades. I know how to manage without my phone and so marginal improvements really don't mean much to me, if that makes sense.

Stuff like getting the weather a tap faster (since you swipe both to unlock and get the notification centre) seems like a really strange thing to be this interested in, since everyone here probably remembers a time when it wasn't available at all and they still managed.

I don't really care about the weather thing, joking aside, but we fixate on tiny features this way all the time and that's really interesting to me.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

OldSenileGuy posted:

Ever since I updated 1Password to the latest version, it never asks for TouchID unless I just had the app open and unlocked, and just switched away from it for a second. If I open the app cold, it always asks for my master password. It didn't do this when iOS8 first came out, it changed to this behavior with the last big update.

Is this how it's supposed to be, or is my install broken or something wrong with my settings?

Check your settings. In Lastpass you have to set the password lock for a long time and turn on Touch ID. It's not very intuitive and it takes a bit of finagling.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Xguard86 posted:

I use lastpass and always have to input my password despite the use Touch ID option being nominally activated. What is this second step to make it work?

Here are my settings, try copying these?

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Schpyder posted:

This makes it stay logged in and touchID always work for using the Safari extension, but it looks like starting/switching to the app still makes you use the PIN instead of touchID. :(

Do you have remember password clicked on the login screen?

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

dizzywhip posted:

I'm looking for a grocery list app or a general to-do app that can function as a grocery list. Specifically, I'd like one that remembers all the items that I've entered in the past so I can scroll through them and select ones that I want to re-add or get suggestions when I'm typing. Ideally that would be the only thing it does -- I'd prefer that the app didn't try to be "smart" and automatically categorize items by type of food or whatever.

I've been using the app Silo for this, and it's very close to what I want aside from two things. The list of previously-added items is sorted by the last time you checked it off the list with no option to sort alphabetically, which makes it very difficult to find what I'm looking for. It also doesn't provide suggestions when you're typing in a new item.

There's gotta be something like this out there already, but there are so many of these kinds of apps out there that it's hard to sort through them all.

Paprika is the best. Don't listen to these weirdos.

tuyop fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Oct 21, 2014

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

dizzywhip posted:

I actually used to use Paprika, it's great for recipes! I had never tried the grocery list functionality so I re-downloaded it, and it does seem nice but doesn't actually do what I'm looking for. There's no way to scroll through previously-entered items, and autocomplete suggestions are pulled from their database rather than what you've typed in before. Their database is at least better than Grocery Gadget's, for which five of the first six suggestions for typing in "juice" are different kinds of "baby juice", but it's still not what I want unfortunately. Thanks though!

Isn't this "all" pane what you're looking for? That's what I use for refreshing staples.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe
I've had this weird safari bug on my mini retina that I haven't seen anyone post in here:

Intermittently when I do a Google search from the url bar, I can't click links or page elements until I scroll.

So, google "dogs" (I do this constantly) and sometimes nothing can be clicked until I scroll down and up.

Anyone else run into this? I'm thinking it seems rare enough that a restore should clear it up.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

iOS reminders stock app, but you have to designate who else shares your list by logging into icloud.com on a desktop.

If you're going cross platform, though, maybe Wunderlist? No idea there.

Not true anymore!

Click list/edit/sharing.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Pissflaps posted:

They've had checklists for ages and they've always been clumsy on an iphone - whats changed?

Now there's a "list" button that creates a new note with a checkbox! :downs:

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe
Inbox looks pretty cool, I wonder how things like Mailbox and Fantastical will take advantage of those new features.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Kheldarn posted:

If the app decides to work right, the Apple Store is offering Camera+ for free.

Note that it's the Apple Store app, and not the App Store app. It's a seperate app.

It's US only (word is, you can change your region to get it), iPhone/iPod only (can't get it on your iPad), and iOS 8 only (you should be able to get it using iTunes, to save for when you update).

If you don't have the Apple Store app installed, open the App Store on your iPhone, then search for and install Apple Store.

Once that's done, open Apple Store, tap on Stores at the bottom of the screen, and scroll down a little. You'll see the Camera+ icon. Tap the text below it, then tap the green Download now for free bar at the bottom of the screen.

This will give you a popup saying you're going to the App Store. Tap continue. The App Store will open, and the code will already be filled in. Tap Redeem in the top right corner to install Camera+.

Of course, it's at this point you have to hope it works. A lot of people (myself included) have been getting codes that say they've already been redeemed. I can't get it to generate a new code, or accept the one it gave me, no matter what internet advice I've tried.

Good luck!

(And if you already own the app, I'll be happy to take your code. Maybe that will work for me...)

Awesome, I've wanted that app for years.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Feenix posted:

I can't imagine yearning for an app for such a long time and not just buying it.

It was always like, five bucks (or something)? I kept thinking, "Nah it won't let me do more than I do now." But now even the 5S camera is legit enough to benefit. I mean, it shoots at 2000 ISO with 1/2s exposure and looks like this:

And I wasn't trying to hold it still! The 6+ must be awesome.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

What's a good news aggregator app? I've been using SmartNews but although the look and feel is nice, I'd like to be able to filter out sources. Seeing The Onion, Fox News, Mashtable, Buzzfeed, and Daily Mail is annoying when mixed in with real news. Not to mention entrepreneur stuff in tech news.

Why not just use an rss reader? Feedly was recommended like three posts ago and I use it every day.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe
What PDF readers support handoff between computer and iOS? Does Adobe reader do this? I usually read PDFs with acrobat on my computers and goodreader on my devices, but the syncing process between the two could be a lot more seamless (currently I just do it through Dropbox).

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

ray_finkle_himself posted:

Suggestion for a grocery list app?

Paprika

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

noirstronaut posted:

What's the best grocery list app?
T̷̵̸̯̳͖͕̟ͤͦ̋ͤ̂͂͆ͭ̃̃̔̊ͬͪͥ̎͗̅͊͝͞ő̴̢̧͓̠͚͎͉͙͎͇̠͒̇ͤ̓ͬ̈́ͬ̓̄̓ͬͩͫ̚̚͘͢ ͍͍͎̩̗̫̲ͫͤͯ̿̕ĭ̶̴̧͎̘͚̜̙̟̥͛ͨ̈̾̂̆ͣ͜͠ͅn̸̸ͧ̌ͦ̐̈̏ͯ̉̎͏̗̹͚̲v̶̽̄ͦ̓ͦͩ͟͏͇̖͔͎̩͢ó̷̧͐ͤ̓ͫͥ҉̸̸̝̦͙̬̦̰̥̩ḱ͍͕͚̦̪̯̞͖̱̱͓ͪ̑̀́̑̿̀̍͐̾ͪ̏͌͑͊́̀̕͞ę̴̛̹̮̤̯͕̙̗̲͍̆ͬͭ̎ͦ̎͆͂͛̍̋́̚̚̕ ̷̨̛̝̗̟̮̥̬̘̗̯͙̬͔͓͖͎ͮ͗̏̓͗̿̑̂̂̈̾̋̈́̀͜t̸͋̎ͪ͒̓̊ͨ̊ͬ͊̎̉ͤ̄͏̱̦͍̰̱̤̤͇̤̱̟̯̯̻̭̠͘h̴̠̪̥̺̟̤̝̺̥̟͖̝̼̻̔̄̀͂̇̿̔̎͂͛̀̏̆ͬ̂̂ͫ́̕͡ͅȩ̴̴̢̨̤̹̟̉͒̓̀́̓̃ ̷̣̮̙͔̩͕̣̏̐ͤ̌͛̈͛̒ͯ͑͛̾͊ͯͥ͊ͨ̏͠h̵̐̽̔̈́͌͛̒̍ͫ̄̓͏̸̡͙̦͖͍iͪ́ͫ̽ͦ̾̆ͫͪ̌ͬ͑̇̅̍͏̡̪̹̮̳̝̱͚̹̹̝v̉̋̿ͣ̎̂̂̄̅̉ͦͭ̿҉̶̸̗̳͙͎̭͔̰̬ḛ̷̡̨͈͚̲̩̰͔͖̮͍̂ͥ͌ͩ͗ͩ͆́͛̈́̌͌̀́̚̚-̴̡̻̳̝̮͎̥̅ͣ̍̿̿ͣ̊͆ͬ̓̆̄̌̄ͫ̈́́͘͢m̶̬̪̮̟̜̣͙͈̥̅̾̎ͣͩ̍͌̓͛̊̃́̈̾͊̔ͨ͟͠ͅi̛̼̟̙̞̻̙̟̪̩͚̬̔̾̀̃ͯ͊͌̅͋ͪ͋̃̊̾̌̾ͦ̆̚͟͞ņ̃̔͛̿ͧ̂̈͂̓҉̡̭͇͈̥͎̼̰̳̦̞̝̗̹̪̤̮͚̫͝ͅdͥ̅̌̅̀ͯ͐̊̓̂ͤ̆̾͋̐ͥ̒̇҉̙̱̩̦̤̗̝̦͖̰͍̞̥̰̲̫̞͟ ̴̒̌̅ͧ́̎͗̂̒̽̑ͬ̂̋͂̋̔ͩ͢͝͏̫̯̞̘̤͖̣͍̺̗͇̥̯̼̯̤͍̖͜ͅȑ̷̘̯̯̙̗̬͎̙̟̤̣͚̹͍̔ͧͩ̈ͦ͊̀ͧ̒͌ͩ̔́͜ͅe̵̵͈̣̦̞̹̠͂ͭ̂̉ͮ̓ͫ̂̾̓p̡̹̖̹͔̦̮͈͕͇̟̲̘̖̣̥ͬͬ̅ͧ͛͢͞͠r̾͌̌ͩ͛҉̸̴̛̩̜͎ë̵̶̛͎̣̥̞͉̾̋̎ͭ̊͛̈̀͞ͅs̸̻̮̤̟̉̅̌̓͌ͪ̾ͬ͋ͪ͌̇̏́̈́ͯ̐ͨ́e̵̊̓̓̀̅ͩ͊̈́ͦ̅ͨͨ̓͐͗̀ͧ͝҉̦̥͍̮̞̘̼̺̠̪̜͡͞ͅn̶̡̧̛͉̙̹͙̳̪̫̦͕̪̐̈͐͂̃̎ͩ̒̈ͥͧ̾̈͐̕ţ̸̱̻̼̰̟̻͚͈̥̻̤̥̬͔̖͙̫̃ͪ͌͗͌̎̍͋ͦͪͅi̴̜̖̱̥̺̻͔͈̳̣͇̰̭͈̯̔̌͋ͦ̌̈́̾́̅̊ͥͅn̢ͧͣ̽ͦ̌̍ͬ̊͘͡҉̺̠̪̮͖͔̤͚̩͍̰͕͕͇͕g̷̝̦̝͚̘͂̒͒̌́̾̃̊́͋ͪ͌̀͢͜͝ ̶̟̫̘̯̞̰̳͋̃̈́̔̎͆ͯ̓͜͝c̪̻͖͉̩͉̹̠͎̟̰͚͕͎̟̰ͩ̐̍ͩ̉͋̾̆̔́͛͒̃ͦ̓̂ͥ̉͟͡͠h̢̺̘̤͇̲̺͇̹̲̹̤͋ͣ͗̀̌̒͒́ͭ͒͑̑͊ͫ̀́a̷̢̓̂ͣͤ͐ͯ́̄̓̄ͣ͛͆ͧͮ͟͏̱͚͙̦̖̦̭̘̯̜̪ö̝͍͔̯͍͔̖̫̲͎͖̳̭͚̭̯̘́̾̎̀͊ͬ͊͝sͫ̔ͫ̒̃ͫͩ̂̐̋̒ͮ̾͌̓͑̇̀̃҉̷̧̜̹̤̪̲̟͍͎̘̮̞͎͍ͅ.̵̺̤̭̞̺̫͇͇̲͙̮̺ͩ̾̔̔͘͜
̧ͧͤ̀̏̄͂̃̈͒̂̐͒́ͦ͗ͥ͏̷̘͈̲͈̳ͅȊ̴͎̞̩̹͓̙̘͕̣̥̭̉̾ͭ̚n̴͖͉͈̥̟ͤ̔͌̂̄ͧ͊̀́̔̈̽̅́ͫ͘v̵̵̞̯̻̥̮ͤ̇̂ͧͮ̉̾ͧ́͟o̴̢̠̞̜͍̩͇̫͌̐̿͐ͥ͝ͅk̶̵̻̥̝̳͉͉͍͕ͬͭ̉ͣͩͤͨ̄̈́͊̕ͅi̢̡͉̺͖̰͎̹͓̮͔̘̼̜̟ͪ̋ͤ̆̇̔͑ͥ͒ͧņ̛̦̮͔̽͑̽ͥ̆̈́̐́͜g̸̷̰͉̮̭̦͍͓͖͎̹͚̭̫͕̺̯̼͚̰͒̎̄ͦ͛̏͞ ̲͙̥͍̣͚̺̭͕̖̝̄ͮ͐̔͂̓͝tͫ̋̄ͫͯ̓҉̳̤͕͚̠̯̞͎̗͓͍̩̦̮̘̼͔͘h̨̺̲̠͈͔̩̮͍̜̲̺̮͖̓̈́̓̈́ͥ̏͌̂͑͊̈ͥͥ̚̚̚͟ͅé̴̶͉̩̬̞̻̺̹̫̙͇̯͖͚͖̩̰ͥ̎ͨ̄̋̀̀̓͋ͥ̄ͯ̚̕ ̴̸̨̛͈͕̺̬̺̖̣̜̗́ͬͬ̆ͩͯͮf̶̡̠͓̖̺͙͇̈́̈ͮ̈́́̀̉͐̂̋̓̓ͫͨ̒̔̄̍ḙ̷̙͔̦͈͂̽́ͣ͒͂ͬͪ̈́͐̆̇͛̊̾̇̏ë͛̂̅̈́͑̑͑̃̍͏̶̲̤͕̬͚̝͓̫̳͇̤̘͍͢͝ͅl̢͍͉͉̲̜̙͇͎̘̰͔̥͉̍͑̒̇ͪ̉ͅi̧̢̦͔̠͚͉̼̻͙̦͍̖̗͓͚̪ͫ͋͊͊͌͗̈̈ͥ̈́ͤ̔̃ͨ́̚͢n̨͇̦͎͈̠̙̖̝ͫͨ̄̒͌̋ͬ̉͌̃̎ͧ̌̾ͮ̽͢ͅg̷̡͙̣̲̲̰͂̾̃͋̉̽̈̐̇̽ͧͪ̕͞ ̴̸̵̸̬̟̳͍̭̭̫̞̟̣̬̪͐̏̓͂ͨ̔̆͝o̡̅ͥ̂̋̀͒̓̌̐̇͘҉̧̘̘̰̣́f̵̙̰̭͇͍̺̘̺͎͕̣̥̜̻̺̳̒́̓͐ͤͥ͌́̐ͮ́̚͢͞͞ ̸̴̧̙̱͚̋ͣͭ̀́͐̊̆͜͟c̶̛̛̲̹͍͔̭̘̜̩̟̼̯̃̔ͬ̊ͥ͛͛ͫ̈̒ͫ̾̓͊̌̆ͧ́ͅh̸̅ͨ̾͒̌̐ͭ̈̒̾͋ͫͯ͋̀҉̸̢̯̦̖̱͚̺̮̱̱̦͚̯͖̼͙̯̹ą̵͕̘̦̺̫̘̠̻̙̘̣̟͉̳̳̠͓̞͗̈ͨͯ̎̆̓ͦͨ͌̅͊͗͛̓ǫ͎͓̻͉̩̱̥̟̼̖̫̥̺͚͉̠̆̐́͗̓͐̚ͅş̶̹̣̣̗͉͕̥͕͆͂̒ͨͧͬ͑̒́́͞.̷̶̗̦̻̞̠̩͚̺̞̤̝̟̎̐ͤ̍́ͦ̌̒̅̽̚̚̚̚͜
̷̛̟͖̭̭͎̗̪̍ͣ̒́͆ͭ͒̉̈̔̏́̂ͤ̍̽̏ͯͩ͡W̷̧̮̩̩̟̺̹̭͎̲̯̣̩̆͗̍ͨ͘͠͞ḭ̵̸̤̤̝͎̻̙͖͙͊ͭͭ̒̈̃ͣ͐̈́ͤ̔̉̂̇͛ͯͥ̚t̸̴̲̠̥͈̫͔̞̽̒̓̀̏ͣ̓̔ͪ̃͂͡h̬̣͔̰͈͇̺̫͓͉ͮ͊̌̃͐̀͢͞ ̇̍ͣ̓̏̆͊́͂̎͏̘͈̜̠̜̬͔̤͉̀o̸̧̞͚̺̱̯̗̫͖̣̲̙̓ͣ̀̾͑ͥͮ̾ͬ̏̽̿͑ͯ̌ͧ̄ͯ͐́͠͡ͅû̌ͫͪ̈͋҉̷̛̫̦̥̥̘̩͉̠̘̪̲̠̳͚͢t̡̧͔̦̝̥͚̙̙̬̜̝̲͖͖͙͉ͦ̒ͫͮ̽ͨ̇ ̦̮̤͓̘͇̥͋̈͂ͯ̉̒ͨ͆̀̕͜͢͠o̵̫̱͙ͥ͐̐ͪ̒̍ͬ̎̅̋ͦ͒̏ͧ͞͝ͅr̨̮̥̼̭̹̣̘̯̪͍̦̺̪̼͉̖̋̊̐̋̉͆̄̀̋̋̏̅̆ͥͭ̆̔̄̚͟d͗̉̈͆̄̂ͯ̇͋͌ͯ͆ͥ̋҉̸̵̪̪̤̗̙̙̠̮̙̀͠e̸̢̧̛̳̹̲͚̻̠̳̩͍̤̳̠͋ͪͬͨ̊͛͂̀́̾̀̉ͩ̑͟r̛̦̙̟̳͍̠̲̮̰͎̮͓͖̖̀̇̏̈͌ͯ̋ͫ̓̔̈́̕͠ͅ.̔ͪ͂ͧ̆͏̶̤̻̱̹͎̘̟̲͡
̩̖̙̱̜͈̻̻̤̱͇̯͕̥̟̓̈ͯ͐͒ͧ̂͜͢T̢̛͒́ͣ͌ͥͭ̈͋ͣͯ͗̎̃̑͏̺͖͈̳͕̩̜̪̦̞̦̬̺͚h̶̺̰̥͔̥̭͆̈́̊͌̍̽̎̉͗͌ͧ̀ḛ̶̩̼̥͖͖̘͔̫̣̗̝̝̘̻̥̜̭̂̐͊̿̃ͮ̀̏̈́̔ͭͅ ̨ͮͩ͛̈̀̅͂͑̈́̐̌̕͡͏̥͉̠̹̬̝̮̞̮̱͕̦͓N̿̌̅̀͛ͤ͛̓҉͍̲̞̰̜̠͈̳̼͉̼̻̻̙͎e̷̛̫̪̯̖̫͎̹̤͕̯̬̹̜ͥ̇͒̆̈̋̈̿ͨͬ́͝z̶̷̳͚̺̼̻̃̋̄̍͑̈̂̋́ͯ͞ͅp̐̎̂ͣ͐̿̎͏̧̠̦̟̤̙̲̺͙͢e̶̪͉̦͕̱̺̮͈͙̩̫̬͎̻͇͇̥ͮ̄ͩ̅ͤ̎ͥ͋̎̒͗̃ͭ̌̒̉ͫ͟͟͞͡ȓ̵̢̨̈́͐͊̀҉̥̟͈͙̮̻̝̺̥̲̤̱̱̲͔̀d̞̱̟̲̋̇ͪͭ̊ͫ̚̚͜ͅi͆ͥ̀ͣͥ̓͋҉̢̗͉̫̩̼͓̙͍͔͉̣͇̤̺̤a̧̨̽ͫ̃̓̾ͭ̀ͦ̉҉̜̞̫̥̩͕̰͖͠͠ͅͅn̵̸̛ͫ̀ͫ͐̇͊̔̈́̄͊͒̾̏͋͘͏͚̰͔̺͓̤̘ ̴̴̯̠͚͍̿̋ͪ́̔ͫ̈́̅̊̎́h̰̳͖͈̲̼̰̼̮̭̰̰̟̼̻̻̆͂̓̾͂̎ͦ̐͝͠i̔̍͌̓ͨ́̾̈͛ͥ̂̾҉̧̯̭͚̼̻̖̕͜ͅv̵̸̻͚͕̟͕̜̪̭̩̭̤̲͔͉̤̟̉͐͆̄̾̑̏̎̇ͪ̅̂̿ͧ͛ͦͤ́͝ͅeͪ̔̈ͫ̆͒ͮ̒̂͋͆͐͜͝͏̵͈̘̼̭̦̼̺-̴̶̗̲̮̹̣͖͙̻͔̳̫͊ͥ̅͆̏ͫͬͩm̫̯̙͙͕̖̹̱̞͚̋͂ͬͭͭ̀̀̓ͧͦ̎̎̈͜͞iͩ̿ͨ̊̃͋̌̐̾ͤ͒ͯͣ̊̃̂̔̒҉̶̵̵̱̦̼̥͡n̶̢̘͚͕̖̲̪̹̩̬̼̱̳͍̜̰̹̰̥̊̾̊ͣd̙̼̦͚͖͚͍͆ͬ͐ͦͦ̽͊ͪ̽̍ͭ͆͗ͧ̋̂ͪ̚͝͠͡ͅ ̷̷̢̡̺̬̞̗̰͖̤̩̟̠͚̞̲͖̻͚̻̤͉̔ͦ̑͆̉͟o̵̜̻̗͕̥̒ͦ͒̌͢f̨̣͖̞̂͑̏ͩ̀ͥ̓̾ͮͮ͂̉ͫ̉͒ͣͥ͒͘ͅ ̛̱͙̦̪̟̗̞̹ͨͮͤͩ̿́̾ͩ͋ͫ̏ͦ̋̇̚c̢̡̛̟̰̠̟̪͖̬̫͓̪̱͇̎ͩͭ͘͜h̵̶͈̣͙̙̦̣͕̗͓̬͕͍͗ͦ͑ͩ͂̅̅̓͒̽̕͟͞a̖̫͇͎̭̠̼̣̣͓̝̖̽ͯͪͫͣ͐̎̈̓̎ͯ́͜o̸̰̜̮̞̻̩̫̯͇̗̱͚͚͙̯̙̖͍͐͒ͬ̾̓ͮ̒͛̽̃̂͒͑ͭ͛ͭ̑ͬ̇̕͟ś̢̂̽̇ͥ̈́̓̄͌̅͂͏̞̱̲̘͠.ͮ͌͊̀̍̊̂͋̔ͦͫ͂ͨ͂̐̌͏͚͇̩͖̦̰̳̝̞̼̯̻̖͕͇͈̗̭͍͟͠ ̶̗̙͖͓̮̲̗̌͗̇ͤ͒̓̏̉̋̈́̔͂̚͞͝Z͐ͣ̂ͪ̅ͥ̌̓́ͯ̍͏̸̼̣͔̣a̷̍͆́̿͘͏̲̮͉̻͕̲̣̥͔̞̺̮̰̹̺̝̗̜̺͡l̸̞̮͎̰̹͕̮̮͕̜̬͔͕̃̾ͯͨͯ̃̇͘͟͟͞ͅͅg̶̤͙͚̝̠̞̃̓ͯ͂ͣ̓̉ͨ͝ͅo̸̿̈̋͋̀̄̀̐̏ͬͯ̆̉̇ͤ͏̭̘͓͔̝̬.̷̵̛͈̫̭̱͍̟͉̭͎̟̯͇ͣ͒͆̔ͭͮͥ͆ͅ
͍͈̣͙̝̰̻͎̮̲͕͓̒̋ͭ̈̾ͥ̃͛̄̇̊̊ͭ͋̒ͤ̐͢͡͠H̨͎͇̤̳̣̮͖͚̠̹͇̹̤̆̎ͮ͢͝ę̱͓̖̙̞̟̙̱̻͚̗̲̼͙͈̫̙̼̯ͫ̇̉̈̂̾̏ͫ̊͜ ̷̘͓̱̙̝̝̰̪͐̇̓͞͞w̹͓̖̖͙̳̆̂̑̅̇ͮͫ̊̎́͂ͫ̌͑̿͟͞hͫ̌̈́ͫ̇̇ͯ̈̿҉̧̛͚̬̙̺̪͈͉͉̼̻̀͜ŏ̷̴̭͇̻̣͚͆ͫ͗́ͧͯ̓̽ͥ̔ͣ̄ͣͫ͠ ̴̥͕̲̘̟̬ͫ̓̾̌̔ͭ̉͗ͤͪ̀́W̡̟̪̻̯̭̪͓͙ͭ̾̋ͫͧ̃̇̍̈́a̸̸̦͙̣̬̖͕̓͗͂̆̏̃̄̾̈́ͭ̉̇̏̑̍ͨ̂̀̆͡͠i͆̒͌͒͊ͣ̉̑̋̑̈ͧ̏̔̀͠҉̡͖͉͕̻̩̦͓̱t̘̲͇̞̲͈̺̰̱́ͩͬ̂̆̈́ͯ̕͢ͅs̢̠̣̮̻̮͙̺̬̪͕̬̳̺͖̘͖̞̓̉̇͞ ͌̈̆̐̿ͯ͑̑̅̂́ͨͦ̍ͫ͜͜҉̳̰͈̞͚̮̤͠B̷ͬ͒͆ͥ̂ͭͦ̐̆͐ͮ̄ͥ̂͋ͪ̎̈́͘͜͡҉̝̣͓̙e̹͈̣̰̜͈̺̲̣͉̼͖̝̦̹̘̘̟̋̈̉͟͡h̗͉̲̹̠͍͙̯̪̥̝͈̪̞̪͕̹̐͒̽̽̂ͦ̓̓̊̾ͬ̂̒͑͗̃͗͊̚͘͢ͅi̴͉͈͖̫̗͕̼̥̪̜̲̮̟̲̠̩͉̠ͤ̊̒̅ͤͤ̀̀ṇ̷̛͓̝͓̬̮̙̜ͩ̾̆̋ͦ͟͡ͅd̛͔̺̺̖͎̉ͩ́̌͌͊̑ͨ̅̆ͬ̽ͨ́̚͟ ̨̠͍̟͚͚̭͗̒̄͂̽́̓̾́̒̋͂̚̕͡͞Ţ̯̝͖͙̤̬͕͔̦̞͙̳̭̥̲̜͈ͯͪ̀́ͮͮ̓͊̏͌̓͌̔̌ͨͯ̅̂̌̀̕͜h͑̇͛̓͑̂ͬ̓̍ͩ̂̽̉ͣͬͦͥ͏̶̼̩̰̪̣̤͈̼͚̹͙̼̻̩͙̝͍͝e̴̺̼̗̰̠̣̩̪͇̟ͤ̂ͭ̊̓̿ͧ͜ ̴͚̮̜̦͖̘̣̥͎̺̮̹̹́̀̋͑̇ͧ̀̚W͛ͬ̆̽͌̊ͨ̑̕͏͏͖̞̝͔̘̹̹̟͔̦͎͎͝ͅa̡̤͎̖̘͉̪ͩ͐̓̽̏́͝͡ͅļ̵̷̜̩̺͕̠̠̃̽̽͆͗͗ͮ̒̃͌̎ͦ͐͛̾̚͜l̷̶͙̱̞͇̤̣̖̪̱ͧ̉̾̒͛.̶̧̡͕̺̟̜̰͖̞̣̝̟̳̬̺̬̱ͫ͌̋̕͡
̡̰̮͚̤͉͍̬͔̰̫̼̰̬̜̬̞̻̎̌̐̆̕͟ͅͅZ̷̸̛͍͎̙̠͋̅ͮͣ̊͊̑̋͋̍͡͡Ă̧̞̝̲̗̮̼͉̥͕͕̘̞̱̫͇̺̪͈̓ͯ̓̋̿̒́̉̿ͯ̓̅ͫͬ̀͟͞͝ͅL̶̥͖̮̩̬̈́̓̌́ͫ̌ͨ̏ͫ̒́͠G̷̨̼̜̺̝̜̗̙ͥ͐̌͑̇ͭͫ̂ͧ̾͋̉̂O̊ͬ͗̏̈͢͏̠̟̘̜̜̙͖̤̟̦̣̖̼͚͎̗̯͢!̢̣̫̦͈̪͙̳̰̙͖̱͉͉̭͌́ͬͨ́̚͡͠ͅͅͅ

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

DorianGravy posted:

Alright, thanks. I'll probably download the free ones under the new account so that only the paid ones (which I doubt is very many) are still under the old one.

One more question: Can apps sync between Android and iOS? For instance: flipboard, pocketcasts, ibird. I've been using Android recently (and will probably continue using an android phone), but am thinking about getting an ipad.

Yes, if they use an external account. Flipboard and pocketcasts work that way, AFAIK.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

priznat posted:

So it used to be Goodreader, but is there a new good option for reading and annotating PDFs? Both iPhone and iPad, and supports Dropbox

Pdf pro 2 looks pretty good, any recs for that or something else?

I wasn't aware that it stopped being goodreader. I still love goodreader!

I haven't seen another app that has non destructive cropping and page customization support, and those are key for me.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

the kawaiiest posted:

Google Play has a much better system for this sort of situation. After you buy an app, the "buy" button turns into a "refund" button for 15 minutes. You can essentially return the app if you don't like it, as long as it's within that 15 minute window. I think it's fantastic and I really wish Apple would do something similar.

I don't have a problem with developers charging for apps and upgrades -- they have to earn a living after all, and most apps are really cheap. That said, I do wish there was some sort of trial system in the App Store.

You can get a refund on any app for pretty much any reason at any time. Just don't be a dick.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

cryptoclastic posted:

Looking for something I don't know actually exists in a PDF reader.

I'm looking for a reader that allows me to make comments, notes, highlights and stuff. However, I would also like for this magical PDF reader to sync the files for me through Dropbox or another cloud service (Copy would be ideal, it's the only one not blocked at my workplace).

Right now I use the Adobe Reader app and then export it into Copy. If I do any work on my computer, I'd like to be able to just have it pull it automatically to the phone. Is that even possible?

I have a similar workflow and use Dropbox instead of Copy. Here's a list of the cloud services that work with Goodreader.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

ICHIBAHN posted:

I must be losing my mind because I can't see Redeem in the App Store or the Apple Store app.

UK btw.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Dancing Peasant posted:

I haven't seen this posted (I think), but the latest update for LastPass now allows you to login via TouchID instead of having to type in your password, which is much needed compared to the other password apps who have already done this.

As a LastPass user, I'm definitely satisfied.

I'm glad it's working for you, but that's how I've been rolling since 8 dropped. :smug:

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe
In my experience the best solution is to just send Drive or Dropbox links. Get other people on a cloud synced workflow for collaboration and you'll all enjoy life more.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Endless Mike posted:

You *might* be able to do it with GoodReader, but don't quote me on that, as I've only minimally used it.

The answer is that you can. PDFs and .docs and videos get sent as is without any of that terrible google drive conversion that you have to turn off. You can also select multiple files and send them in one email quickly.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

wooger posted:

This only applies for the safari passwords sign in as far as I can tell, not going into the Lastpass app. Also, you'll still have to enter your password on every reboot.

I get the code prompt if I return to the app and it's still in the background (with require passcode immediately on, setting that for later just leaves the app completely unlocked), but not when first logging in. I can't seem to get around the passcode while the app is running, it seems like it has to logoff.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

hypersleep posted:

Are there any movie player apps that can take screenshots in a video's native resolution? Can nPlayer do this? Can any video playing app do this?

On a related note, is there any video player that can advance ahead in a video by frame?

I watch movies and write movie reviews on my iPad but I'd like to be able to take screenshots while watching, but currently I still have to go to use a regular ol' computer for that. I'm just wondering if any apps on the iPad can help out with this.

I'm pretty sure iMovie will let you do this and it should be free.

There's also an app called VideoPix which looks janky as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Boris Galerkin posted:

Is there a pedometer app that works for iPhone 5 (without the coprocessor) that won't kill my battery?

You could try Moves, which works off of the background location tracking and shouldn't, in principle, use any more battery power than geofencing (which is none).