Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganguro King
Jul 26, 2007

Lazlo Nibble posted:

Any recommendations for a flight tracker? I don't care about being able to book flights or hotels, look at airport maps, etc., I just want to be able to save a list of flights and get notifications when they're boarding, when they've departed, if they're delayed, etc., mostly so I can plan when to be at the airport to pick people up.

Flight Aware will do everything you are asking for and more. It even has a specific button on the notification setting screen for "meeting this flight."

Just Landed is also good as it uses your current location and traffic info to calculate when you need to leave for the airport in order meet someone on time. You can't save a list of flights though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganguro King
Jul 26, 2007

Calendars by Reedle (free, but there is also a paid version) also has a usable month view.

CCal is good too, especially if you like to :spergin: over extremely detailed settings.

Ganguro King
Jul 26, 2007

Celery Jello posted:

Yeah, I found that while doing some more poking around - If I can figure out a way to get Pocket Casts/some other app to somehow automatically make a playlist with that at the front, it'd be pretty neat. That feels like something that should be doable. "This playlist is Hourly News Summary, Other Nerd Podcast, then Comedy Podcast" without me having to specifically pull in the new episodes every week.

Downcast can do this. You can set certain podcasts to always play before others (it is a 1-10 priority scale), and have playlists that automatically include specified podcasts. It will automatically download them in the background too, if you want.

Ganguro King
Jul 26, 2007

I like Yr.no and Weather Line.

Widget Weather is also good if you only care about having a customizable widget.

Ganguro King
Jul 26, 2007

CygnusTM posted:

Weather Underground has removed its widget. It was great to get a snapshot of the next 24 hours. It showed a graph of the forecast temps and chance of precipitation. Weather Nerd has one that is sort of similar, but not quite. Anyone know of another alternative?

I like Crisp Weather Widget and widget weather.

Ganguro King
Jul 26, 2007

Question Mark Mound posted:

Bit of a dumb question here, but is there any way in the iOS FB Messenger app to get rid of those circle profile pictures at the top of the chats list for people who have posted stories or are online? I never use them and for some reason the people are the front of the list is always people I've either not actually chatted with in years or people I actively dislike but had to talk to once out of necessity and isn't on my friends list.

I feel the same way about the iOS 13 share sheet. :(

Ganguro King
Jul 26, 2007

im on the net me boys posted:

Is there a good internet radio app that isn’t TuneIn? I don’t mind TuneIn but I feel unhappy with ads just to be connected to someone else’s stream. Like shoutcast on my psp didn’t even do that

I like Broadcasts. No ads whatsoever, $5 if you want to add more than 9 stations:

quote:

Listen to streaming internet radio in an ultra-simple, single-purpose app.
Sample the joys of free, public Irish radio on your device with the built-in presets, or upgrade to the full version and add your own stations from the Station Directory, or manually via URL — no subscription required. Feel free to edit the presets to try your own stations for free. Sync your library across iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch, and Apple TV with iCloud & Universal Purchase.

Ganguro King fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Feb 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganguro King
Jul 26, 2007

I’ve been using NetNewsWire to view my Twitter feed ever since third-party apps got cut off:

http://netnewswire.micro.blog/2023/01/14/how-to-subscribe.html

It’s good if you only read Twitter and never post like me.