Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Vanellope posted:

I think the reason for that is that they're going to offer a subscription service soon. They mentioned on Twitter that full resolution photos might be a subscription option further down the road.

The new Day One does have IFTTT integration though which is pretty cool.

Wow. I thought even their 50% off promotion was too expensive on the Mac and now they want to add a subscription on top?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
I've been a bit torn between Evernote and OneNote for a little while now, but Evernote just made the decision for me.

Just a warning for anyone making the switch to OneNote - Microsoft's Evernote>OneNote import tool (only available on Windows right now) imports data in a way I found a bit unexpected. Might make sense to others, but I've had to completely reorganise everything.

Stacks are completely disregarded; each Evernote notebook is imported as an individual OneNote notebook with a separate section for every 100 notes you have in each notebook. It makes a certain amount of sense, but I feel like a notebook in OneNote translates more accurately to a stack in Evernote. Might just be my strange way of thinking, though. :shrug:

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
Todoist has a decent enough free tier.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

GobiasIndustries posted:

Did something with Twitter mess up how tweets are displayed in Twitterrific? A lot of tweets with photos have been cutting off text and replacing it with a link to the web version of the post (twitter.com/i/web/status/...) in the past few days.

Twitter just changed their limits so links/quotes etc are not counted as part of the 140 character limit. App will need an update to account for the longer tweets I imagine.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

smr posted:

I've been using "Email" (great name, guys, wonderful search results for that *rolleyes*) by the EasilyDo folks and it's a nice compromise between Airmail's insane level of customization that still somehow feels totally janky and what Mailbox used to provide. Customizable swipes (which I've really grown used to having) and a very clean interface otherwise. Worth a shot since Google can't seem to make an iOS email app for poo poo.

Is this a traditional email client where everything is handled locally, or is it one of those "email in the cloud" services ala Polymail?

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

tuyop posted:

Yeah, I really like spark. Have you had any weird badge problems, like 2 emails showing 32 new emails for some reason? I have. It's not a huge deal though.

I just wish there was a Mac spark client as well. I can't deal with outlook and I need one with swipe and snooze and stuff.

Funny you should say that.

https://twitter.com/SparkMailApp/status/803691756890062848

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

It's no haircut tracker, but check out the free app of the week: https://appsto.re/us/RBh7M.i

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjTjEoP2JmQ

You NEED this in your life!

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

1Password 4 life.

Yep. Until they force me to switch to their cloud hosted version

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

GoldfishStew posted:

Does anyone have 1Password and Apple Watch? I can't understand the point of the watch app. Wouldn't all your devices have the 1pass extension or app, and, on top of that wouldn't your pass be so long and tedious, because of 1pass, to type while reading off your wrist? Do I not get this app?

Yeah, I've never found a use for the watch app. Then again I rarely use any Watch apps so ymmv.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
I just recently started using Edison despite some concerns, so now I feel like a right idiot.

Back to Outlook it is.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
I do sometimes wonder if they're invisibly changing size of touch targets for keys "intelligently" as per this ancient patent -> https://appleinsider.com/articles/12/07/31/apple_granted_patent_for_predictive_text_input_ui.html

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Question Mark Mound posted:

Bit of a dumb question here, but is there any way in the iOS FB Messenger app to get rid of those circle profile pictures at the top of the chats list for people who have posted stories or are online? I never use them and for some reason the people are the front of the list is always people I've either not actually chatted with in years or people I actively dislike but had to talk to once out of necessity and isn't on my friends list.

Nope. Facebook is pushing stories and such really hard on most of their platforms so you can really only expect this to get more intrusive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

dc3k posted:

apple news is not "ok", it is absolutely terrible and unusable. my entire feed is filled with news about the united states. i don't give a poo poo that it's snowing in buffalo, i have no idea where maricopa county is. but there it is, front and centre. i tried to fix this by subscribing to "local news" and following channels that are local to me, but none of them ever show up. the app is still entirely focused on a foreign country.

It’s also full of the kind of bullshit ads you expect to see on an msn.com browser start page or something.