Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Apologies if this has been covered recently, but does anyone know why autocorrect has gone totally bugfuck on me since iOS 13?

I just typed “This sounds” and it turned it into “This d SST o in nds”

It’s like it loves expanding a single typo into a whole string of 2-3 letter nonsense words

It keeps doing this as bd I am losing my mind

E: ^^ that’s what it did to “and”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It's seriously debilitating, and it's new behavior that started quite suddenly. It's making it so I genuinely dread typing on the phone and now have to get to a laptop if I want to do any involved typing. Is there any way to like reset the dictionary or something?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Lazyhound posted:

Settings —> General —> Reset

Thanks, drat Apple for putting something in a place too obvious for me to find

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Well holky gently caress, I never even tried slide-to-type or realized it was there.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yeah, that bit me just recently. It’s all been good ever since I turned off swiping and it stopped making me say things like “o Bibb aa the”

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Are you asking whether Safari on Mac syncs with Safari on iOS?

Because uh... yes?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Can't stand Chrome for its UI choices, only use it when required by some policy-enforced thing like private GDocs. (Or if I have to edit an extremely large amount of text in a textarea, which Chrome handles efficiently but Safari bloats all to hell with.) Chrome is IE now

Also I prefer Safari for dogfood reasons (even if I didn't prefer it, I know most non-tech users will be using it, so the stuff I develop for better be tested in Safari first rather than assuming everyone's using Chrome

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The answers to the puzzle are found in the names of the double black diamond slopes

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

MarcusSA posted:

gently caress the Netflix app sucks donkey balls.

Trying to download poo poo for a plane ride and it legit won’t download more than one thing at a time and it’s slow as gently caress.

Then I downloaded a series and one of the episodes won’t play because of some random error.

🖕🏻 Netflix.

It’s fine for streaming but the offline viewing is a hot rear end mess.

gently caress any video playing app (this included the built-in iOS Movies/TV for a while too) that lets you download things to play offline but then when you launch it with no network connectivity (like once your plane has safely reached 10K feet) it can't play anything because it still tries to phone home for some goddamn reason.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

tuyop posted:

I just use the hide function in photos and don't let people rummage through my phone.

:piss:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Froist posted:

I didn't self-promote this when I made it, but just on the off chance that it happens to be what you want, I made an app (basically just for my fiancé) that might be close to what you want. It allows you to import/set up a list of products and customers, then really quickly construct orders (with quantities and prices) and export as a PDF. Order Book.

Just wanna say creating an app and getting it into the fuggin' app store for your fiancee is some next level boyfriend behavior, grats

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I mean, knowing what it takes to register a business entity and tax ID and maintain it year over year and keep renewing your Apple Developer ID and all that poo poo ...

That's commitment

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Oh.

Well then never mind

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

When they went live with the new Reminders format I suddenly saw some to-do items come back that I had not seen since I first created them in the .Mac or iTools days lmao

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

*aims at landscaping*

POISON IVY

gently caress

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Gonna call Google and complain

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

But aside from that,

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Photo and OCR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Procreate is about the closest you can get to "I have these actual art tools and a piece of paper, it lets me recreate the experience of using them just like in real life" that I'm aware of. Plus a few nice helpers like gestures to make nice uniform circles/ellipses/squares/straight lines that look like you were just really good at drawing them yourself with an actual pencil.

(I don't need sketchbooks anymore, now I just have to worry about backups)

Other art apps are probably more MSPaint-like, more geared toward specific kinds of projects or goals, like with shapes and fill tools and text and so on, like a kid might be more into. Procreate is totally freeform, with all that implies.