Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Still don't see myMail on the App List. They are the best and most responsive team making a mail App as far as I am concerned. Today they optimized for iOS8 and also added Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync Support, for those who care about that.

This seems nice but I am naturally suspicious of how long it will last. Free app, free email addresses..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
If you guys have an issue with the Check the Weather widget's size, hit up the developer on Twitter. @_DavidSmith. He's usually pretty receptive to feedback.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Sorry don't buy it.

Yeah, that makes sense considering the fact that almost every single keyboard that requires "Full Access" suffers from the same bugs. But it's not Apple's API problem, it's third party developers.

:rolleyes:

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Just wanted to make sure, has anyone talked about Dashlane as far as a password manager? I'm a 1Password guy myself, but it never hurts to keep your options open.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Croc Monster posted:

Fine. But it's MY phone and I shouldn't have to do that, and I also don't want to be told by some asshat in Cupertino what I can and cannot remove from my device.

My friend…I think you are on the wrong software platform.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

I'll definitely try Apple Music, but I use the Spotify integration on PS4 so much that it'll be hard to switch permanently.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

smr posted:

Little reason to use the native Twitter client on iOS when things like Tweetbot and Twitterific exist.

You say this, but I was a long time Tweetie user who switched to Tweetbot and now uses the official Twitter client and haven't looked back. The only thing that stinks is having to see ads.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

japtor posted:

Course the official client got based on Tweetie once they bought it so maybe that helped :v:

p much none of loren's code is in there and that was years ago, so i doubt it

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

ShoogaSlim posted:

Lol at everyone bashing Nilay Patel and using his fashion choices as ammunition. Like, I'm not defending the guy or anything but what the gently caress? Go post in the WAYWT thread in YLLS if you want to talk about spiked leather bracelets.

sorry we are mocking the well paid internet writer man for complaining that the nice apple watch band looks ridiculous when he wears a lovely spiked leather bracelet

only serious talk in this thread

speaking of which, thread, is there a reddit app that isn't complete hot loving garbage? I only need it for like two subreddits but as far as I can tell they are all really bad

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

The Devil Tesla posted:

The better option is to not read reddit.

this is true, but it is the most convenient source for destiny news and poo poo so

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

The Devil Tesla posted:

I have another piece of advice.

not listening :smuggo:

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

ShoogaSlim posted:

Different people have different opinions about how things look? Quick! To the iOS Apps Megathread!!

sup nilay how's it going

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Michael Scott posted:

drat, that dude wrote a New Yorker novella about an iPhone app.

yes, that's kind of his thing

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

This is the only choice for Twitter that is even remotely decently good. There will be no outrage because there are no alternatives. That is the reason the company can act like lovely turds.

Choice for Twitter on iPad*

Twitteriffic is nice on iPhone. The official Twitter app is also not terrible. iPad was a barren wasteland of bad garbage until now.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Let's be honest, on iPhone even Tweetbot 3 was way better than either of those things you listed.

I strongly disagree

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

bobfather posted:

Unless they make a bundle that includes TB3, TB2 for iPad and TB4 and then let me “upgrade” to TB4 for $.99 or something, they don’t have my sale. I may tweet them about this to see what they say.

I too think that $1 is a fair price for many man hours of labor

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Tweetbot 4 worth it just for the Safari ViewController alone

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

i will switch back to twitter's official app when it supports the native safari browser. i can't imagine not having ad-block now

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

noirstronaut posted:

tweetbot has never been worth anything

Hockenberry?? Is that you????

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

wooger posted:

Look at this BS: http://toucharcade.com/2015/10/07/apple-confirms-purchase-history-removal-is-intentional/

You don't own anything you purchase via an app store, the dev OR the platform owner can take it from you at any time.

gently caress apple.

wow it's almost like every other digital sales platform

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

wooger posted:

Except NES and SNES both still exist and continue to function. And I can acquire games I didn't own in the 90's.

No way to use older ios versions.

those PCBs will eventually die bro

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

I think you all underestimate how big YouTube is and how many loving people use it

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

wooger posted:

Don't use that one, it's one of the ones which sold out to shadowy advertising company Eyeo, and so it by default whitelists ads from certain networks.

You are thinking of Crystal, I believe

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Disappointing Pie posted:

Even the iPhone itself seems to be treading water, lack of increased storage, the pursuit of an ever thinner device in sacrifice of battery, not willing to take chances in hardware design etc. I dunno, I really want to give Android another shot this year if the iPhone 7 and iOS X don't blow me away. I used a Galaxy S3 for a year when it first came out but went back to iOS pretty quickly.

What do you want them to do with the phone

They're well made, durable, get a visual refresh every two years, ???

Not trying to be an rear end, just curious what you would consider "taking a chance" in an era where most of our portable devices are just glass slabs

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Did you read the descriptions for either of them? Anyway, TB4 has a lot of nice stuff if you're a Twitter power user (better activity pane, some nice 3D Touch features, better mute filters, Safari ViewController stuff with content blockers) and the bundle is to enable you to upgrade from TB3 to TB4 at a discount instead of paying full price.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

1Password has a subscription with multi-device licensing now.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Michael Scott posted:

Stop being paranoid and enjoy life more. Don't use duckduckgo.

DuckDuckGo owns though

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Michael Scott posted:

Are you so arrogant that you think anybody other than you cares or might in the future care about what you do online?

I don't think anyone gives a poo poo about whether I walk around my apartment without a shirt on, but I still close my blinds.

I don't care whether someone gives a poo poo or cares about what I search for online, but I try to minimize being someone else's product as much as possible. This doesn't mean that Google is wrong and DDG is right, but DDG is a better search engine for me.

And, speaking from a functional angle, the !bang functions are great and save me a lot of time.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

I'm sorry you had to see me in that state :sigh:

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

i've heard dashlane recently instituted a 100gb upload limit, sorry dude

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Use an app like Avocado?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

$10/year is less than a dollar a month. Just throwing that out there.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

1Blocker and Better are the best imo.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

iOS10 is Merely Good

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

If you want to avoid iTunes or using Music.app as a backend you'll need to use Google or Amazon's services, I think.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

he just added it back so

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Josh Lyman posted:

Just lol if you use a password manager in 2017.

yeah i keep all my passwords in a composition notebook in my jansport backpack with a lock on it that i take everywhere it's super convenient and secure

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

i have never had that issue with Overwatch 3, and I do the whole Bluetooth to FM transmitter thing in my car without many issues. Wonder if it's reproducible

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Castro doesn't have a web app :( that's the #1 reason I still use Overcast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

In addition to the above, it also maintains a pure chronological timeline, has better and more fully featured mute functions, simple gestures for interacting with tweets that can be customized, interactive push notifications that actually work...

The only thing Tweetbot currently doesn't do is let you interact with polls, now that they added images in DMs.