Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Looking for a decent Youtube app. Jasmine hasn't been updated in over a year sadly and Google's app lacks some things I'd like from podcast apps such as keeping track of where you are in a playlist, episode resume (wtf Goog seriously) and skipping ahead 30 seconds or so. What are the alternatives these days?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
No I use Downcast, but there's a few long-rear end playlists of tutorials that I'm going through that can basically function like podcasts.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Goodreader can also download Youtube videos. Just get Goodreader.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Actually I wonder if this can be used for SoundCloud as well...

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
code:
> GET APP

I don't see that here.

>

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Looks like YouTube switched their API and broke Jasmine and Protube. Have any of the other third party clients updated?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Endless Mike posted:

Why do you give a poo poo about 1080p vs. 720p on a 5.5" (at most) screen? You're lying if you say you can tell a difference.

Some people have iPads :)

Protube doesn't have preroll ads, has background audio and starts up showing your subscriptions' videos.

And it looks like Youtube's really cranking up the 15-second ads now too. Welp.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Jasmine was pulled from the App Store last week anyway.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Say, did ProTube poo poo itself for you all today? Looks like Google changed their API or something and ProTube can't show playlists or subscriptions.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Welp

https://twitter.com/jonasgessner/status/889133801720381440

Google afaik has no incentive to fix this so.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Looks like Google changed their API so RIP ProTube for the final time. I take it there's still no Picture in Picture in the first party YouTube, even if you subscribe to Red?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

bobfather posted:

Jump Desktop is incredibly good. It was one of the first apps ever on iOS to support external mice (just a couple mice, but still), which was neat. It does RDP and VNC perfectly. I use it all the time to administer home and work machines.

I've been using Parallels Desktop which has served me fine this past year, but I'm always looking for alternatives. I'm not entirely pleased with how Parallels responds to key commands often, but I have a bad feeling that's at the OS level. Thanks.