Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Is there a Duolingo thread yet? Seems like something goons would be into, but it being educational/language/ios/android/game/software I don't know where to look for discussion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
What do you guys use for wallpapers, specifically an air 2?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I need a very specific document sharing app. Here's our situation at my company:

We have 20-30 company iPad's that are used by employees. As per legal requirements our SOP documents (PDF) must be downloaded and updated on each iPad as they come out. People are annoyed because our current method is is to upload the document online to a server that people can open in Safari, email them that a new version is out and to download the file to iBooks. It's not a big deal this way but you know how some people just can't be bothered to do a thing that they don't personally think is important.

So what I would love to bring to the table is a document viewer that syncs or updates 20 iPads off one master copy. Bonus points if there's any adobe style reader that can load a table of contents. It doesn't have to force push, I'd almost prefer just getting a notification that document version X is now version Y and to click here to update it. Basically just a document viewer that can notify and update the docs as I upload newer copies.

Is this making any sense?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Cross posting a request from the iPad thread:

I’m creating a two week trip itinerary on my iPad and I’m really hitting snags with Pages. I don’t like how it has to be sized like I’m going to print it. I want something I can seamlessly add text, pictures, and draw on with my pencil. Sort of like a bulletin board where I can lasso things and move them around and resize them.

Pages is great for office stuff, but I need something sort of between that and Procreate.

Any suggestions?

E: A more specific thing I want to avoid: in Pages I have to tab over and ‘enter’ a bunch to get text where I want it. I like aspects of old school MSPaint more where I can tap somewhere, add text there, drag a picture in, resize it, then write next to both of those.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Did you try Notes?

Nope! :doh:

Yeah that’s what I wanted. Thanks!

E:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

OneNote? It’s what I use for notes and it defaults to an infinite canvas/page for each note.

This is even better. I like the quick transition from typing, drawing and inserting wherever. Plus like you said zooming however is nice .

Rolo fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jun 8, 2018

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Any good iPad apps for clipping, editing and merging GoPro videos?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

tuyop posted:

I thought GoPro had one that was pretty good.

There’s also iMovie.

I’m new to their app but I did just find a button that brings up an AppStore link to Quik, a separate GoPro made app for editing. I’ll try it out.

E: Yeah this’ll work!

Rolo fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jan 13, 2019

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Is there an app or a way to make a shortcut (I haven’t figured out how shortcuts work) that can easily disable the physical buttons on the side of my 6s? Volume buttons necessary, bonus if power button too. I have a RAM X mount and it’s a pain to find the one perfect spot that doesn’t press any buttons when mounted.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Do iTunes cards work for any app that is billed through iTunes?

I didn’t realized it could be more than Apple products because I spend like 100 a year on piano software.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Endless Mike posted:

Yeah, as far as I'm aware, if you have a credit balance, it'll always bill that before billing your credit card.

Man I really need to start paying attention to these deals.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Any iOS apps that will let me access my PC’s wake-on-lan features? Doesn’t have to be over the internet, I just want to be able to turn it on from the other room.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
After a lot of googling I ended up with an app called EasyWOL. It was $1.99 and is extremely barebones but it has:

watchOS support
Cloud sync between devices
A widget that instantly sends the signal when I tap on it

It’s exactly what I was looking for. Now I can boot without having to walk over to the box.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Is there no longer an iOS games thread? It’s gonna rain here for 10 days and I’m itching for a tower defense game I can play on my iPad that lets me draw mazes of towers.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Didn’t even know that sub existed. Thanks!

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Mine nonstop changes live to love.

YEAH I USED TO LOVE poo poo LOVE gently caress LOVE THERE god drat it.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Is there any way to sort the songs in an Apple Music playlist? I add things randomly and I wish it didn’t just throw it to the bottom.

Also sorting would make it easier to find dupes. I do not want to manually drag and drop 100+ songs either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I am really glad I asked because I would have neeeeever figured that out.