Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aeiou
Jul 12, 2006

It's cold in here...
Just kidding! It's to
fool enemies..

tuyop posted:

Man, the transit widget is awesome.

It doesn't display anything for me. Just has the 'Nearby Lines' header.

Also it seems that Embark nyc is dead. The service advisories page doesn't work. I know that it's no longer in development as Apple bought the team, but I liked it for being able to look at the standard subway map. If transit app could display all lines at once it would be useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aeiou
Jul 12, 2006

It's cold in here...
Just kidding! It's to
fool enemies..

Endless Mike posted:

It works for me, but all it shows me is buses and as far as I can tell, there's no way to configure which buses you actually want to see. I wish it had a way to favorite certain lines, so I can see the ones relevant to me first.

You can favorite lines by, in the main app, clicking on a line, then pressing the star button in the middle of the drop down. They should float to the top of the near by lines. However according to the developer's twitter it looks like there are some issues getting data synced between the app and the widget. Probably whats affecting me too.

aeiou
Jul 12, 2006

It's cold in here...
Just kidding! It's to
fool enemies..
Any recommendations for a good walking/cycling tracker? That can graph time, distance, speed and a map over time?

aeiou
Jul 12, 2006

It's cold in here...
Just kidding! It's to
fool enemies..

cletus42o posted:

I installed Transit after seeing it mentioned in this thread, but the widget never works. I'm in NYC so there are plenty of trains around me. It either shows nothing at all (just the header for the "Nearby Lines" widget, with nothing underneath it before my next widget), or was showing "Unable to Load" before.

The widget has only worked for me once. There have been a few patches that supposedly fix issues, but it hasn't helped me yet. I also just tried reinstalling. Otherwise I like the app, but wish there was a good offline mode.

aeiou
Jul 12, 2006

It's cold in here...
Just kidding! It's to
fool enemies..
VLC is back with a new update. Here is the appstore link: https://itunes.apple.com/app/vlc-ios/id650377962 I can't actually find it in the app store with my phone, but I was able to go to my purchased tab and download it from there. That got me the updated version. Here are some release notes by the author: http://feepk.net/2015/02/27/vlc-for-ios-2-4-0/