Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

hosed up automatic leveling mechanics that require a guide

Like in dragons dogma if you want to be a strong magic archer you have to level all the way to 100 as a mage only

If you're gonna do poo poo like.that just let MD distribute points myself, gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

heck, compare the first part of valkyria chronicles to the part after the protagonist's sister tells the GBS reporter she wants to bang him (they are not blood-related so its ok :japan:)

compare and tell me cuz i didnt play after that

was this an optional scene or something bc I don't remember this at all lol

the most :japan: I remember the first game being besides the character designs and some jokes was that it has the same NUKES ARE REALLY REALLY BAD, SO IS RACISM GUYS stuff that's to be expected from literally every japanese game made after mgs

the second game turns it into persona or something where you go to incredibly lax military school and most of the time everyone treats the loving civil war they need to go fight in like a field trip. also there are a million more dudes who can go super saiyan

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Women sounding like they're getting raped when taking damage. I can do without high pitched screaming, thanks. Seems happen mostly in Japanese games.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Starhawk64 posted:

Women sounding like they're getting raped when taking damage. I can do without high pitched screaming, thanks. Seems happen mostly in Japanese games.

What the hell else would they sound like

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

ForeverSmug posted:

What the hell else would they sound like

Like their taking a poo poo. For a moment an impossibly deviant smile flashes on my face and then subsides.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

heck, compare the first part of valkyria chronicles to the part after the protagonist's sister tells the GBS reporter she wants to bang him (they are not blood-related so its ok :japan:)

compare and tell me cuz i didnt play after that

sorry, i stopped playing after the got a pig with wings to be their mascot.

Chelovek-Govno
Aug 11, 2014

Zamorozhenaia Zhopa

Starhawk64 posted:

:gay:

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

ForeverSmug posted:

hosed up automatic leveling mechanics that require a guide

Like in dragons dogma if you want to be a strong magic archer you have to level all the way to 100 as a mage only

If you're gonna do poo poo like.that just let MD distribute points myself, gently caress

i agree that this was extremely uncool in dragon's dogma, however it is mostly a non issue as you become absurdly strong towards the end of the game.

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012

Starhawk64 posted:

That's just how they communicate in Japan.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

El Wombato posted:

need a new word for "it has exp and levels"
character progression skinner box, or the "CPSB"

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
"Fun."

I don't know why some devs insist on adding fun in when it adds no objective quality to the game? I'm looking at you, Platinum.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Wormskull posted:

Like their taking a poo poo. For a moment an impossibly deviant smile flashes on my face and then subsides.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

realism

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
As an aside, is there any game out there that gives you a QTE, but you have to choose the correct QTE based on the situation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

The Biggest Jerk posted:

As an aside, is there any game out there that gives you a QTE, but you have to choose the correct QTE based on the situation?

you mean dragons lair?

• Locked thread