Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Gregor Samsa posted:

I can't remember; didn't BJ kick the poo poo out of Gomi?

He did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Intel&Sebastian posted:

gently caress it just read this whole thing, so many fantastic quotes from a bunch of people. Bermudez, Miesha, Coleman, Sonnen, Shields, Tim Kennedy...

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/10/1/6876587/how-to-win-or-lose-a-one-night-mma-tournament-pride-fc-ufc-battlegrounds

Haha holy poo poo, they used twin magic for the PRIDE Shockwave 2004 intros because Big Nog was stuck in traffic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fitXipB8dfU&t=301s

This article is great

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Fentry posted:

Haha holy poo poo, they used twin magic for the PRIDE Shockwave 2004 intros because Big Nog was stuck in traffic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fitXipB8dfU&t=301s

This article is great

Hahahahaaha to be fair before the tattoos the only discernible difference is the scar.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Gregor Samsa posted:

Yes, but Gomi was always terrible.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Gregor Samsa posted:

Bj kept punching gomi in the dick, and gomi would look at the ref, point to his dick and the ref wouldnt acknowledge him in any way. Also the ref was paid directly by bjs mom.

The rnc was directly set up by bj punching gomi directly in the back of the head while the ref cheered enthusiastically

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Also matt serra cheated like crazy against gomi in adcc

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

fatherdog posted:

You piece of poo poo

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

fatherdog posted:

:(

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

david carmichael posted:

Bj kept punching gomi in the dick, and gomi would look at the ref, point to his dick and the ref wouldnt acknowledge him in any way. Also the ref was paid directly by bjs mom.

The rnc was directly set up by bj punching gomi directly in the back of the head while the ref cheered enthusiastically

This is exactly the response I was hoping for.

fatherdog posted:

This was just a bonus.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

fatherdog posted:

Agreed

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
They bumped up Cung Le's suspension from 9 months to a year.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Isn't it really hard to fail for HGH?

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Charles Gnarwin posted:

It's a combination of dumb fighters and improving testing from what I understand

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Yuriy posted:

They bumped up Cung Le's suspension from 9 months to a year.

Good. Being 43 years old when he comes back from 9 months was too soft. rear end in a top hat should be 43 years and 3 months old when he's able to fight again.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Until very recently it wasn't even possible to test for it; the tests are very new so I'm not sure how easy or difficult they are to beat.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
relatedly: frankie vs. bocek was on sportsnet just now and frankie bit him from pillar to post but also the stoppage was incredibly early

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/10/1/6886229/jacare-souza-forced-to-undergo-second-elbow-surgery-of-the-year

dangit jacare

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Perfect timing for him if he still wants to do a camp leading up to the Belfort/Weidman fight.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
lol Phil Davis is on Fox Sports Live and discussing Faber on TUF 20, and he's apparently sexually intimidated by his butt chin. No homo

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Lorenzo tells it how it is.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

this is great news because I would like Jacare to get in best shape possible for his match with Weidman. I also think that if Lyoto Machida beats CB Dollaway without getting hurt too badly, they could easily do the Machida/Weidman rematch if Vitor fucks up in one of the many ways he could gently caress up.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

I think Machida needs like 3 wins before he gets a rematch barring some sort of shenanigans. It was a good fight but it wasn't particularly close.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Dangersim posted:

I think Machida needs like 3 wins before he gets a rematch barring some sort of shenanigans. It was a good fight but it wasn't particularly close.

Well yeah, but if Vitor pulls out and they need a guy on short notice like Jacare was planning on then Machida would most likely take that fight and fans would be cool with it. The other option is the winner of Bisping/Rockhold

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
the world can't handle the handsomeness of a Weidman/Rockhold matchup

BrianPhillips
May 10, 2006
My girlfriend wanted to see who was gonna fight Dillashaw after I was talking about Cruz. Didn't mention anything about him or his style.

Her first comment after the Mizugaki fight was over was "He seemed like a scared deer in the beginning."

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Again, Poe's law in full effect in the UFC thread today but...Felice Herrig has had a ton of screentime and coincidentally pulled her undies off in the warm up room last episode for a laugh. And I don't mean hotpants, I mean she did this and then they had to blur out her crotch. Siiiiiiigh. And here I was not even a day before that defending her and her right to camwhore it up for promotion.

Edit: Aisling Daly is also not featured like...at all so far. I recall her having one talking head segment about being picked last and then nothing. Maybe they're anti-accent?

I like Felice and think she's a good self promoter but she's got a terrible camp and will likely go 0-4 on her way out of the UFC.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Again, Poe's law in full effect in the UFC thread today but...Felice Herrig has had a ton of screentime and coincidentally pulled her undies off in the warm up room last episode for a laugh. And I don't mean hotpants, I mean she did this and then they had to blur out her crotch. Siiiiiiigh. And here I was not even a day before that defending her and her right to camwhore it up for promotion.

Edit: Aisling Daly is also not featured like...at all so far. I recall her having one talking head segment about being picked last and then nothing. Maybe they're anti-accent?

It was kind of unexpected for Jojo to be the first one to follow suit. As much as Thugrose owns and is going to win, Jojo also owns and is going to win.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Could be nonsense poo poo-talking, but looks like Conor has himself a new fight

Conor McGregor posted:

I am fighting @DiegoSanchezUFC in Mexico, November 15th. He spoke a big game. Now he will pay with his career. VIVA LA EIRE!!!

What can he do against The Brain That Wouldn't Die? (Seriously going to be funny if Diego wins a Diegocision against Conor)

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

LobsterMobster posted:

Could be nonsense poo poo-talking, but looks like Conor has himself a new fight

What can he do against The Brain That Wouldn't Die? (Seriously going to be funny if Diego wins a Diegocision against Conor)

what a fantastic fight

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
That's actually brilliant, a high-profile fight that he will absolutely win. I guess he'd go up to lightweight for it?

I didn't like Conor at all, especially before 178. Then I heard him talk at the post-fight presser and I changed my mind a bit.

If he tools around Sanchez in his hometown, well, that would just make me all the happier. Really though, his tactic of building his brand as much or more than his own personal skills is very smart. The fact he can back up his boasting is all the better.

And hell, Diego probably still has a great ground game to test Conor with, if it hasn't been destroyed by CTE and bad quails.

e: it's like he literally just finished reading the Chael article, agreed, and picked his bottom 20.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Huh, Diego was booked to fight Norman Parke, I wonder what happened if that is true. Also I guess Conor would be moving up to 155 for that fight?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Conor McGregor is going to get a title shot based on beating a dude who hasn't won a fight in 4+ years and it's going to be hilarious.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Diego will win, somehow. He'll suddenly remember the time he spent with Saulo Ribeiro and grapple a European. Ireland will be plunged in a national and cultural melancholy the like of which hasn't been seen since the potato famine. Or the failed revolution. Or the other failed revolution.
Seriously. If you're a striker, why on Earth would you pick Sanchez? Why? Darren Elkins is right loving there. And there is no one, on Earth, as bad at anything as Darren Elkins is at striking.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Snowman_McK posted:

Seriously. If you're a striker, why on Earth would you pick Sanchez? Why? Darren Elkins is right loving there. And there is no one, on Earth, as bad at anything as Darren Elkins is at striking.

Because if you're a striker it's wise to avoid Midwesterners who are bad at striking for reasons that should be clear.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

Snowman_McK posted:

Diego will win, somehow. He'll suddenly remember the time he spent with Saulo Ribeiro and grapple a European. Ireland will be plunged in a national and cultural melancholy the like of which hasn't been seen since the potato famine. Or the failed revolution. Or the other failed revolution.

I mean, I agree, but Sanchez would rather keep trying to relive his Melendez fight than actually win nowadays, and Conor knows he would completely dominate a bullrushing Sanchez.

The fight will actually be interesting if Sanchez fights smart but when the hell has he ever done that.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Ross Pearson isn't exactly renowned for his wrestling credentials and probably qualifies as a "dangerous striker".

Diego attempted and failed one takedown in 15 minutes. Now that could be because Diego was one of three people who thought he was winning the fight standing, but it's more likely that his shot is shot.

Regardless, the weigh-ins are going to be spectacular.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

quote:

Because if you're a striker it's wise to avoid Midwesterners who are bad at striking for reasons that should be clear.

True. But none of Elkins' friends or training partners have told him just how dreadful he is. So he goes out there and actually tries to strike. He makes Paulo Thiago look like Semmy Schilt. He makes a kitten playing with a scratch toy look like Semmy Schilt.

ceaselessfuture posted:

I mean, I agree, but Sanchez would rather keep trying to relive his Melendez fight than actually win nowadays, and Conor knows he would completely dominate a bullrushing Sanchez.

The fight will actually be interesting if Sanchez fights smart but when the hell has he ever done that.

A reminder that Sanchez still managed to nearly KO Gil. Sanchez is on a mission to discover if you can win a fight purely with the force of enthusiasm.
That fight was, on another note, was one of the best experiences I've had. There's that sequence in the 3rd where Diego throws a bad right hand, gets countered and then repeats about 6 times in a row. The whole bar started counting every time he got countered.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Conor is going to destroy whatever is left of Diego's brain before the fight begins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Diego Sanchez is not a good fighter.

• Locked thread