Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Im assuming they get married in the first 15 minutes and the rest of the movie is her fighting to have a proper muslim wedding ceremony in his cell, even though he is on dialysis, and she volunteers to be waterboarded in his place during their honeymoon, then she gets denied automatic promotion to E4 because she wears a headscarf to the board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodborne
Sep 24, 2008

Doesn't sound realistic at all. Who has a board for E4.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

internet jerk posted:

Some units have mock boards for E4 run at the company level. It's as retarded as it sounds.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

internet jerk posted:

Beats me man, I made O3 with 3 years TIS just by showing up. Officer privilege. Not sure how the dirt people do it on their side.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
by seeing who can knock the loudest three times on a door.

also yelling while standing at attention

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Don't knock like a bitch. True E-4's also have never been on a detail.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
So did you guys short your units on training because you were broke only to burn a shitload of cash on poo poo you don't need right before the FY change?

iceslice
May 20, 2005

Cole posted:

So did you guys short your units on training because you were broke only to burn a shitload of cash on poo poo you don't need right before the FY change?

Are the Sergeant Major of the Army's sideburns above his ears?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

iceslice posted:

Are the Sergeant Major of the Army's sideburns above his ears?
TRICK QUESTION, HE DOESN'T HAVE ANY

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris

JDAMS CURE PASHTUN posted:

Then how can he hear a PFC sticking his hands in his pockets from over three miles away, dummy?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

TRICK QUESTION, HE DOESN'T HAVE ANY SIDEBURNS

Fucitol posted:

Then how can he hear a PFC sticking his hands in his pockets from over three miles away, dummy?
That's what raid cameras are for, duh :rolleyes:

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

if a guy doesn't have ears how do you judge where his sideburns should end

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Fort Bliss is ugly and El Paso seems dumpy, but the PX area here is ridiculous.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

After 5 years, my medboard packet has finally left my unit. It is currently with the NGB, so only like 300 more days until complete? :emo:

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.

Cole posted:

Hey, the 1SG, SGM, and BCO NEED that plasma screen TV in their office.

You don't need training, you just need Warrior Will!

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

bulletsponge13 posted:

After 5 years, my medboard packet has finally left my unit. It is currently with the NGB, so only like 300 more days until complete? :emo:

Well, it appears to be getting faster at least. I just logged into my IDES tracker and apparently my VA ratings came back in last week apparently. I'm less than 4 months in, so good luck I suppose?

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011
Well in the dick waving rivalry between 82nd and 101st the choking chickens beat out the American alcoholics in POV deaths. Been at Campbell for a week now and that sign has been rest 3 times.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
Welp, gotta get new PT shoes because some shithead got a bug up his rear end about the fact that my Mizunos are crazy Japanese poo poo that looks like Jackson Pollock dreamt it up in a Fear and Loathing-esque acid trip. Like really motherfucker, you're going to try to interpret some Department of the Army retard's comma splicing bullshit in a sentence about TOE SHOES as a justification to whine about "detracting from a professional military appearance"?

Suck my dick from the back while fisting yourself with 670-1.

gently caress it, going to suffer through the week and get apocalyptically drunk over the 4-day.

Diarrhea Elemental fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Oct 7, 2014

Bloodborne
Sep 24, 2008

BaconAndBullets posted:

Well in the dick waving rivalry between 82nd and 101st the choking chickens beat out the American alcoholics in POV deaths. Been at Campbell for a week now and that sign has been rest 3 times.

Ah yes. Sign resets due to some stupid private being scraped off Bragg Blvd after laying down that rad new sport bike.

:angel:

Never even made it to the Burger King.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

BaconAndBullets posted:

Good.

Bloodborne
Sep 24, 2008

FOURTH WAVE LESBRO posted:

Welp, gotta get new PT shoes because some shithead got a bug up his rear end about the fact that my Mizunos are crazy Japanese poo poo that looks like Jackson Pollock dreamt it up in a Fear and Loathing-esque acid trip. Like really motherfucker, you're going to try to interpret some Department of the Army retard's comma splicing bullshit in a sentence about TOE SHOES as a justification to whine about "detracting from a professional military appearance"?

Suck my dick from the back while fisting yourself with 670-1.

gently caress it, going to suffer through the week and get apocalyptically drunk over the 4-day.

Need a picture to adequately pass judgement on if your shoes are faggy or what.

Stanley Goodspeed
Dec 26, 2005
What, the feet thing?

Some most All of these are really loving hideous but I also remember trying to give my platoon sergeant an aneurysm by strapping the most ridiculous poo poo my feet prior to PT, so I'm kind of torn here. I guess so long as you only wear them for PT and hide them the other twenty-two and half hours of the day they're pretty cool.

brains
May 12, 2004

BaconAndBullets posted:

reminds me of that time general campbell gave us the infamous "suicide is bad" speech where he mentioned the 101st was number one in suicides that quarter/year/whatever and someone immediately yelled out, "AIR ASSAULT LEADS THE WAY!"

gotta show up those fuckin legs anytime we can, right boys :clint:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

brains posted:

reminds me of that time general campbell gave us the infamous "suicide is bad" speech where he mentioned the 101st was number one in suicides that quarter/year/whatever and someone immediately yelled out, "AIR ASSAULT LEADS THE WAY!"

gotta show up those fuckin legs anytime we can, right boys :clint:

owns bones if true give that guy a medal

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives

BaconAndBullets posted:

You staying at the replacement barracks? I left those a few weeks ago after two weeks of finding human poo poo sprayed all over the bathroom doors and semen stains on my barracks room walls. On the plus side, the ceiling above my bed had "InFAnTRy" carved into it by some PVT's lovely PX knife he probably bought at Benning after becoming a certified bad rear end operator.

Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.

Androies posted:

You staying at the replacement barracks? I left those a few weeks ago after two weeks of finding human poo poo sprayed all over the bathroom doors and semen stains on my barracks room walls. On the plus side, the ceiling above my bed had "InFAnTRy" carved into it by some PVT's lovely PX knife he probably bought at Benning after becoming a certified bad rear end operator.

I gained 15 pounds in replacement by eating pizza every night from that one guy.

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

Androies posted:

That place is a wretched hive of cherries and villiany, luckily I have my own room and bathroom but still pretty lovely. Getting the gently caress out of town for the weekend.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

not caring here posted:

Well, it appears to be getting faster at least. I just logged into my IDES tracker and apparently my VA ratings came back in last week apparently. I'm less than 4 months in, so good luck I suppose?

I've had a VA rating for years. And I am not in IDES tracker yet. Hope yours goes quick, you shaming son of a bitch. (Kidding, of course. I don't think you are a shamer.)

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

So, I need help in settling an argument I'm having with my brother. This is the iron cross, not the Army marksman badge, correct?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Yes.

Probably.

Depends on what it's on.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Yes.

Probably.

Depends on what it's on.

The picture is the particular one we're arguing about. He has it on a faux-snake skin cowboy hat, and apparently someone yelled at him about it being disrespectful. He seemed completely unaware why, so I explained it was the iron cross, a German WWI/II thing. He says it's the marksman badge, and posted a picture on Facebook of the marksman badge, but it looks nothing like what's on the hat:

EDIT: He is an armymans, and has actually earned the marksman badge.

Stanley Goodspeed
Dec 26, 2005
What, the feet thing?

Iron Cross has a curve to it, marksman badge is just straight in. Just Google some images and compare. Also lol at his terrible hat

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.

Stanley Goodspeed posted:

Iron Cross has a curve to it, marksman badge is just straight in. Just Google some images and compare. Also lol at his terrible hat

That and the Iron Cross has rounded edges, and no circle in the middle. The Marksman badge has straight edges and round circle in the middle to signify a bullet hole.

His is an Iron Cross.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Orgophlax posted:

The picture is the particular one we're arguing about. He has it on a faux-snake skin cowboy hat, and apparently someone yelled at him about it being disrespectful. He seemed completely unaware why, so I explained it was the iron cross, a German WWI/II thing.

yea its an iron cross but if it was from ww2 it would have a swastika in the center cuz the nazis fuckin loved their swastikas. its actually really loving old goes back to the teutonic knights and prussia so it isnt loving disrespectful

heil hitler

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Wow, your bro is an idiot. Yes, it's an iron cross. It's only disrespectful to idiots who didn't pay attention in history class or whatever.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

bulletsponge13 posted:

I've had a VA rating for years. And I am not in IDES tracker yet. Hope yours goes quick, you shaming son of a bitch. (Kidding, of course. I don't think you are a shamer.)

I regret only not shamming more.

sforzacio
Nov 6, 2012

heritage not hate

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Thank you US Army for providing the world with a handbook on Arab cultural facts. http://fas.org/irp/agency/army/arabculture.pdf

Im sure if I follow this book my Arabian culture exam will go perfect.

OKay guess I shouldve posted this to the Iraq thread but this was published by the US Army so:

quote:

All Arabs are Muslims, and all Muslims are Arab.
o Arabs are religiously diverse group –
significant numbers of Arab Christians in
Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, Palestine, Jordan, and
Iraq. Arabs make up between 15-18% of the
Muslim world.
• The Arab world is backwards and uncivilized.
o Actually represents a highly developed culture
and civilization where modern cities mingle
with ancient ones.
• The Arab world is one big desert.
o Truly geographically complex and diverse.
• Stereotypes of Arab males:
o All are “oil-rich Sheiks”. As in the West, there
are economically diverse segments of the
population.
o Mad dictators. Various types of political
systems in Arab world.
o Terrorists. Overwhelming majority are law
abiding citizens with families and a wide
variety of occupations.
• Stereotypes of Arab women:
o All are oppressed by men. Not true.
o All are veiled. According to Islam women are
supposed to wear veils. In some countries, like
Lebanon, Syria and Egypt, it is no imposed
upon them and women are free to choose
whether to wear veils. However, in other
places, all women, even non-Muslims, wear
veils out of fear of mistreatment by fanatics or
those who pretend to be guardians of Islam.

Patrocclesiastes fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Oct 8, 2014

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

quote:

All Arabs are Muslims, and all Muslims are Arab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodborne
Sep 24, 2008

zombie your avatar makes quotes a joy to view.

• Locked thread