Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Finally found this drat thread. I'm already off to a good start this year.

Oct. 1st Event Horizon
I really liked this movie, its like Dead Space mixed with Ghost Ship and actually scared me quite a bit.

Oct. 2nd Wishmaster
I can't sing he praises of Andrew Divoff enough. Hes probably picking bits of scenery out of his teeth to this day.

Oct. 3rd Rigor Mortis
A strange movie from China about the jiangshe (sp?). It was entertaining enough but I think some of the plot was lost in translation. Also a bunch of weird shoehorned in kung fu.

Oct. 4th House on Haunted Hill (1959)
I haven't watched a ton of older horror movies but after watching this I understand why its called a classic by some. Vincent Price hamming it up and some actually solid scares.

Oct. 5th Wishmaster 2
I will follow you to the ends of the earth Andrew Divoff. It mixes it up and manages to make the evil djinn from the first film almost an antihero by putting him in a prison with human beings more deplorable than him all in all solid fun, I'll be skipping the other 2 sequels for obvious reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Tonight's movie was Fright Night (Remake). I'm a huge fan of the original so this movie was a bit of a downer for me. It was really very pretty to look at and the effects were well done, but it lacked the almost imposing atmosphere of the original, along with the imposing atmosphere of Chris Sarandon. Well a bit of Sarandon but not for very long.. Overall it would have been better if the vastly superior original didn't exist, so it gets middle of the road marks from me. I do wish Anton Yelchin got more work, he was the standout in this movie for sure. Also David Tenant trying his best to not be Doctor Who by cramming a "gently caress" into every other sentence.

Just so I can keep track:

1. Wishmaster
2. Event Horizon
3. House on Haunted Hill
4. Wishmaster 2
5. Rigor Mortis
6. Fright Night remake

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

So far...

Event Horizon
Wishmaster
Wishmaster 2
House on Haunted Hill
Fright Night (remake)
Rigor Mortis

The movie for tonite was Trick 'R Treat, a very underrated horror anthology in the style of something like creepshow. I can't think of a bad segment in the film Except maybe the werewolf one.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Untrustable posted:

So far...

Event Horizon
Wishmaster
Wishmaster 2
House on Haunted Hill
Fright Night (remake)
Rigor Mortis
Trick R' Treat

Gotta do a dump because I forgot this thread existed.

The American Scream: a fantastic documentary about the culture of "home haunters", people that get way into making their houses spooky for Halloween. Its on Netflix 7/10.

My Amityville Horror: A documentary focusing on the adult children of the Lutzes', the original amityville horror family. Makes the claim that the house was mad haunted and gave the family telekinetic powers and poo poo. 2/10

Room 237: A documentary about the hidden symbolism in The Shining. Mostly devolves into batshit conspiracy theorists doing what they do best. 4/10

The Town That Dreaded Sundown: A movie about proto Jason voorhees terrorizing a small town. I'm not sure if this was a comedy or not. 6/10

Needful Things: What if the devil opened a thrift store and sold really cool poo poo, but instead of money he only accepted malice? 9/10

Grave Encounters: A ghost hunting reality show crew has to contend with the real deal when they try to film an episode in an infamous hospital. 8/10

Grave Encounters 2: A film that tries to make you think the first film wasn't fiction, and sends another crew into the hospital to find out for sure. 6/10

Pontypool: A zombie movie that doesn't bother with silly things like more than one set, or, zombies. 9/10

American psycho: a study of the effects of excess on the standard american white male. 8/108$+$+#-$-#$feed me a stray cat

Nightmares in Red White and Blue: a documentary exploring the rise of american horror movies through the years. 10/10

Never Sleep Again: A 4 hour documentary focusing on every single entry in the Nightmare on Elm Street series. 10/10

Devils Pass: "hey all these people died mysteriously at this place, we should go check this out!" It ends badly. 3/10

Frankensteins Army: Using the readily available HD camcorders of WW2 one man bravely documents some steampunk looking monsters. 6/10

Untrustable fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Oct 20, 2014

• Locked thread