Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.
I had only ever seen the tv version of the original Carrie and never really liked it all that much. Just watched the blu ray, and wow, that is quite the beginning of the movie. Five minutes of naked high school girls and that shower scene.

I liked it, but it had some things I didn't like, like the excessively evil high school girl, and the zany music that plays.

Yesterday was Creepshow, not a big fan of the whole movie, but I really liked Liam Neeson and Stephen King in it. Also it has some amazing lighting and colors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.
The 3rd and 4th were The Walking Dead season 4. If everyone can do Penny Dreadful, Walking Dead should count.

Tonight was the Carrie 2013 remake. Like a lot of remakes, it seemed too afraid to do it's own thing, changing things that didn't need to be changed, keeping things that didn't need to be kept. The original is a tough act to follow. Chloe Grace Moretz did a well enough job, she was pretty rough in some spots(she's still a kid so that doesn't bother me too much), but thought she was great in others like when dealing with her mom. Who unfortunately I didn't really like Julianne Moore that much, but I think that's cause she had to compete with Patricia Clarkson, who just nailed it so she really didn't have a chance.

I do have to wonder if I hadn't just seen the original (or never) if my opinion may have been better of it?

• Locked thread