Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
let's get some sigs made folks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Sigs are fun

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Widestancer posted:

Sigs are fun

I still don't get what that sig is actually referring to

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Gyra_Solune posted:

Smdh

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gyra_Solune posted:

noob

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I want a mid boss sig

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

there is one mid boss in mega man x. the octopus thing surrounded by water that uses electricity. well i just wanted to say he was a real pain in my rear end!

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I miss june being endboss month

I can't remember any midbosses

what even defines a midboss

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
An enemy too tough to be normal but too lovely to be a real boss.

Like Bowser in every Mario game is a midboss while Bowser Jr. is the real boss.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Mega64 posted:

An enemy too tough to be normal but too lovely to be a real boss.

Like Bowser in every Mario game is a midboss while Bowser Jr. is the real boss.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

I want a mid boss sig

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Chelovek-Govno
Aug 11, 2014

Zamorozhenaia Zhopa

Black August posted:

I miss june being endboss month

I can't remember any midbosses

what even defines a midboss

It's a boss, that's in the middle.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Sigs off.

Ator
Oct 1, 2005

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

that game was very Final Fantasy Tactics-y, but it had really bad ghosting on the PSP so i only played it for like an hour

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
ps2 version is better anyway

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

The giant blooper from smrpg was a good example of a midboss being better than an endboss.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

No Such Thing posted:

The giant blooper from smrpg was a good example of a midboss being better than an endboss.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaipCPD2ZDU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Ornstien and Smough really should have been the last boss.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

This is the entire reason I came to this thread.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Another good midboss:

Team rocket grunt with a name and unique sprite, but is still inconsequential to the story.

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

I liked this guy

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Ornstien and Smough really should have been the last boss.

gwyn is pretty hard if you dont know you can parry him

artorias is p much a gwyn you cant parry and it's arguably the hardest fight in the game

Dec 26, 2012

(non-parry) gwyn is arguably harder in the sense that he gives you less leeway to estus up, in contrast artorias has a bunch of pauses in his routine

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

gwyn is pretty hard if you dont know you can parry him

artorias is p much a gwyn you cant parry and it's arguably the hardest fight in the game

Artorias was DLC so he doesn't count. Gwyn is super easy even without parries if you have decent fire resisting shield+armor. Also he wasn't as epic a climax as O+S were, they were fought in a giant cathedral with epic music playing at the very end of the only well light area in the game. They were massive, there were two of them and if you kill one then the other gets super-charged. That's all poo poo that the last boss should be and makes all the subsequent bosses feel like a let down since none of them are as hard or as epic.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Artorias was DLC so he doesn't count. Gwyn is super easy even without parries if you have decent fire resisting shield+armor. Also he wasn't as epic a climax as O+S were, they were fought in a giant cathedral with epic music playing at the very end of the only well light area in the game. They were massive, there were two of them and if you kill one then the other gets super-charged. That's all poo poo that the last boss should be and makes all the subsequent bosses feel like a let down since none of them are as hard or as epic.

do you expect me to read all this poo poo

i want a tag for this guy that says hes a loser

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
someone make me a drat midboss month sig

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
October is scary games month dude

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ol' Jierdan Firkraag, 'lord' of the Windspear Hills. You're not forced to fight him, but he does his damnedest to provoke you into it.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
are we still not allowed 'large' sigs here?

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
All the midbosses in Metroid history own. The one in Fusion that just drops the gently caress in on you out of nowhere and is like the hardest fight in the game, in particular. (Googling finds it's called "Security Robot B.O.X.")

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Does the SA-X count as Fusion's end-boss or Metroid Omega? Cuz the SA-X was a legit end boss but Omega was a dumb poo poo from know where that was easy.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
i got ripped as gently caress on concerta when i was between jobs and played dark souls for like 17 hours in a mission to beat it and i was stuck on gwyn for like 3 hours at least, no other boss in the game took me even near as close of an amount of time. he didnt really seem hard though, i never got really frustrated, i just soldiered on and ran back. i think other bosses are harder i guess even though i beat them more quickly?

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Does the SA-X count as Fusion's end-boss or Metroid Omega? Cuz the SA-X was a legit end boss but Omega was a dumb poo poo from know where that was easy.

they're both really easy, SA-X has a really simple to exploit pattern.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

SA-X is the true end boss, and Omega Metroid is the One Winged Angel.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

i get stuck at wiegraf i forgot to buy rubber boots and only made 1 save before him

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

SA-X is more of a proper boss fight since there's multiple phases and attacks you have to watch out for. the omega metroid is basically just a giant stack of hp you go super saiyan on like in super metroid when you got the hyper beam.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor has a shitload of Mid bosses, OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wormskull posted:

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor has a shitload of Mid bosses, OP.

drat, so true

• Locked thread