Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I thought you were talking about the amusement park worlds of fun. Haven't been there since I was little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
RIP ITS ARE BACK AT THE DEID

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

That URL is incredible. Five queries just for tranny preferences.

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! READ HERE

TLG James posted:

Silver?

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

TLG James posted:

Brb volunteering for 365

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

TLG James posted:

What about Liberia?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Godholio posted:

What about Liberia?
They've got something local there, Kony-Kola.

germskr
Oct 23, 2007

HAHAHA! Ahh Eeeee BPOOF!
I'm in the Navy, but since I'm PCSing to Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling I figured I'd ask here as well if anybody has been stationed there or in the area before and where would be a decent area to live? I've considered Alexandria but heard it's kinda pricey.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

germskr posted:

I'm in the Navy, but since I'm PCSing to Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling I figured I'd ask here as well if anybody has been stationed there or in the area before and where would be a decent area to live? I've considered Alexandria but heard it's kinda pricey.

You can probably find some really cheap places in Anacostia.

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

You can probably find some really cheap places in Anacostia.
If you like getting shanked.

Congrats! You are assigned to an AF base that's not in the middle of nowhere and/or a boring small town! :) Arlington's nice.

germskr
Oct 23, 2007

HAHAHA! Ahh Eeeee BPOOF!
Yeah, SE DC definitely has a reputation. Not looking to get shanked or dealing with burglary.

I guess that's why the Air Force has such nice "dining facilities", among other amenities that other branches don't offer for the e-dogs- geographical isolation.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

I've seen the sugar and sugar free ones so far. They were literally gone in about 2 days. Hopefully they restock them soon. They've been out of granola and clif bars my entire trip, until a few days ago.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

TLG James posted:

I've seen the sugar and sugar free ones so far. They were literally gone in about 2 days. Hopefully they restock them soon. They've been out of granola and clif bars my entire trip, until a few days ago.

War is hell.

Odradek
May 23, 2007

Don't hate me because I'm cute

germskr posted:

Some parts of Anacostia are gentrifying, so you might be able to get in on the ground floor. Will it be the next Dupont Circle? Probably not. Inside the city limits the housing either tends to be overpriced or in sketchy neighborhoods. Most folks I knew who had limited budgets lived a little bit farther out in MD or VA.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

TLG James posted:

Cliff bars give me the worst constipation, worse than even MREs. I grabbed some before a shift once and tried dumping them later and had to check for blood after I gave birth to a bricklike monstrocity that made a sound hitting the toilet water like an Apollo capsule splashing down.

Weirdly, my last deployment had two dudes from Sheppard both get hit with different kinds of horrible intestinal ailments. One of them ended up losing like a foot of intestine from a blockage, and the other ended up getting morphine and medevacced to Bagram for what turned out to be some kind of evil virus. When we received the backfill for kid who lost a part of his gut from Sheppard, I see him at the DFAC grabbing like six cliff bars. I had to tell him about the curse of Sheppard and that it was either the cliff bars doing it or their intestines becoming damaged from being hosed daily by AETC.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

Wild T posted:

Some poor bastard got medevacced from Sheppard to Bagram.

At least he wound up at a nicer base.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
Yay, I'm in charge of making sure our DC 10 volt cells are intercompared correctly with the ones from the primary standards lab. If it fails for some reason, it sounds like we'll have preemptively failed our audit in four months. No pressure or anything

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
Anyone at JBMDL want to get hosed up in Philly? I will cover a large part of your booze.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
Spent half the weekend drunk, dressed like Lurch and volunteering at a haunted house my buddy put together at GK. Watched a woman get so scared she literally pissed in her pants. I'm doing it again next week so if anyone in the area wants to get drunk and/or pee yourself come on out.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010
Anyone who said Osan is better than Kunsan is an idiot. One more week in this poo poo hole before I'm free of dependents and dumb headquarters rules.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

All of USFK air force falls under the 30d no drinking rule now. Totally fixed the green bean problem.

Except for the part where people are getting trashed on day 31.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The Air Force continues to address the drinking problems of airmen while continuously denying that it is driving its airmen to drink. Oh well, let's drink beer and watch the loving show.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

My base had an extremely bad year in fy14 for DUIs. However, they've got a sign out front that has always shown two years' worth of stats. To solve this Leadership Problem they put up the stats for fy15 and also for fy16.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd
Surprised they just didn't take down the sign.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
Ours says 100+ days without a DUI. Not sure I believe it.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

iyaayas01 posted:

Surprised they just didn't take down the sign.

Literally did this on the local sharepoint DUI counter.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

nullscan posted:

All of USFK air force falls under the 30d no drinking rule now. Totally fixed the green bean problem.

Except for the part where people are getting trashed on day 31.

Carried my new boss home last weekend when I went back to Kunsan. Good times on day 31.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
Took my PT test today with a guy whose retiring on Monday. He did the bare minimum of everything and signed his score card 'THIS IS STUPID' then walked out.

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Oct 30, 2014

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Totally unrelated but I am super glad that we now have President Goku posting in our esteemed forum

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
Good to be welcome citizen :)

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Deathy McDeath posted:

Totally unrelated but I am super glad that we now have President Goku posting in our esteemed forum

I heard he was born on another planet. Produce the birth certificate.

Not mah president! :bahgawd:

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

Derek Dominoe posted:

I heard he was born on another planet. Produce the birth certificate.

Not mah president! :bahgawd:

Better not be no muzzie

zombieswithblenders
Nov 21, 2008

A Kpro posted:

Ours says 100+ days without a DUI. Not sure I believe it.

We cant make it past 8 days here it seems. I've seen it reach almost 40 once, legend says its gone up to 50 before.

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR
I miss the good old days when the last dumb rear end to get a DUI got to change the sign at the front gate with the Wing Commander and get a picture of it published in the base paper.

Are there any bases that put wrecked cars on display during drunk awareness time? Haven't seen a mangled Cavalier in a while.

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
The one at Shaw was taken down a few years ago when the new wing cc took over. His reasoning was that our DUI count shouldn't be the first thing visitors see when they come on base for the first time. The reasoning made sense, until everyone realized that the sign was facing the traffic leaving base.

I think all of his other wing cc buddies were making fun of him for all of the DUI's his people were getting.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Lazy Reservist posted:

Are there any bases that put wrecked cars on display during drunk awareness time? Haven't seen a mangled Cavalier in a while.

They were still doing it at Little Rock before I left about a year ago.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

pkells posted:

The one at Shaw was taken down a few years ago when the new wing cc took over. His reasoning was that our DUI count shouldn't be the first thing visitors see when they come on base for the first time. The reasoning made sense, until everyone realized that the sign was facing the traffic leaving base.

I think all of his other wing cc buddies were making fun of him for all of the DUI's his people were getting.

Never change Shaw. Never change.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
some navy base in japan congratulates the skipper of whatever ship had the most recent dui, which actually owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
It's November someone make a new thread.

• Locked thread