Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Probably, if we can get inside the gates.

Leave the minions at the bottom to provide suppressing fire while we climb the towers, murder the inhabitants and claim the guns. See if we can draw the vaunted crusaders out into the courtyard by temporarily stalling our "overly ambitious" assault, then drop the Marines on top of them to do some mass murder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I'd like to hit one of their trucks, even if it's just so we can interrogate the drivers. Otherwise, or if they would tell us nothing, I'm all for rocking up in whatever beaten-up vehicle is to hand, maybe with an aquila crudely stencilled on the bonnet. Depends, do we want to talk inside to past the main gate, or talk inside to under the mountain?

If we're the representatives of the Imperial pick-up crew, we might be able to get inside the mountain and safe from the obviously chaotic men who damaged our lander. Explain we were directed here to where the loyalist crusaders are, request some assistance, see if they really are loyalists or not, have a look at their defences. Maybe even get deep enough in to cause a bit of havoc and catch their offworld mercs in a bit of a pincer movement when the Marines arrive.

It's only a few autocannons, they should be able to man-mode that poo poo anyway.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Switch his bonuses from aircraft to personal flyer, then buy/steal/loot/acquire a Deldar skyboard.

Endless aeons doing sweet skateboarding moves on the faces of your enemy.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

If I buy Greater Minion, can I trade in my role-boosted lesser minion for (rank 1 talent equivalent) 250 xp?

Also, can I make that greater minion a spooky psychic ghost? Boli would like a ghost friend.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Seriously considering how to build a beast of nurgle who would be called Rover.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Werix posted:

Page 138, the "Improving Minions" section indicates that you can discard a minion talent and credit the exp towards a higher exp level of minion, and I'm fine with that.

I just thought I'd check. He would look something like this:

GREATER MINION, Nico

Nico was a shipwright, or possibly an astropath, or maybe he was a wandering minstrel in an Eldar court, it's difficult to remember. He's fairly sure he's dead though, and he blames the Imperium for it even if the specific details are lost to him.

Though he floats through the material world as a shade, Nico can shape the warp around him. His understanding is poor, his knowledge of how and when he came into such power is minimal, and his control and finesse are lacking. His absent minded nature and firm belief in his own death grates on many people, but he is most thankful to be out of his cage, and eager to get out into the galaxy once more.

Just as long as somebody else pushes the buttons.

pre:
16 wounds

WS (10)  
BS (10)   
S  (10) 
T  (40) [8]
A  (40) 
I  (30) 
P  (40)   
WP (40) [8] 
F  (30)  

Skills: 9
Awareness
Dodge
Forbidden Lore (Warp, Psykers)
Linguistics (Eldar)
Psyniscience +20
Trade (Shipwright)

Talents: 11
Psy Rating x4
Psy power x5 (Doombolt, Harrier Imps, Mind over matter, Phantom Parry, Warp Vortex)
Resistance (Psychic)
Warp Sense

Traits: 7
Unnatural Willpower (4)
Unnatural Toughness (4)
Psyker
Incorporeal
From Beyond
Regeneration (4)
The Stuff of Nightmares
He is immune to mundane (non psyker/holy/force) damage, which might make him slightly OP.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I've been on enforced volunteering (go or lose your benefits), getting rejected from job apps, and desperately scrabbling money together to make rent.

So yeah, life in the way etc.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Go team unemployment!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Ronwayne posted:

I kind of have a plan for involving the marines in the plot but it involve green foam rubber genestealer outfits.

I had part of a plan last night, and it involved flesh-moulding some poor idiots off the streets to have four arms and painting them purple.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Werix posted:

Exit plan is?

Put Marines in truck, bluff way past guard. Let team-violent out to do murder murder murder, have those who are not taking part flee out the front with everyone else, those who remain steal boat/walk along the riverbed in their fancy armour.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Boli probably isn't even interested in going.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I don't know. Does this planet have a free press? He might be interested in stirring up some poo poo with the civvies.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Oooh, that could be fun. Go into the massive murder event, come out of it as a ministorum priest who has lost his unit, and *gasp* The unit history! Oh! The fire will have burned all our records! It was only last month that the Noble House minister refused our budget for fireproof safes. If only they hadn't been so short sighted, we could have purchased some of the fine models produced by Righteous Rick and Sons, that extremely well regarded brand of the common man...

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I will effort-post to that end, but not until tomorrow. Now it is the time for sleep.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Pierre pushes from the top, Boli from the bottom? Seems workable.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Yo, I agree with the above.

On an entirely unrelated note, how would you feel about me rolling FL (something) to invoke a patron deity and spend some of the XP I have banked? I'm currently thinking about spending a moment in devotion and shedding a bit of blood to invoke Khorne and gain Weapon Training (chain), if and when it becomes necessary. If it fails, something interesting could happen. Interesting is always good.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Sorry to hear that. Take whatever time you need.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Thank you for letting me get away with inventing ecclesiastical practice on the fly. I think I'll take the Infamy, corruption at this point could be difficult.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

It's a known problem with the whole series. Higher level play in all of them turns into a game of rocket-tag with anti-tank weapons, I'm not sure there is a way to fix it without significant alterations to the core mechanics.

Forge World? All the fun toys to hand, and a whole bunch of skitarii & servitors to carry them. If you really want to dick about with chaotic monstrosities (but still want us in the Imperium) there's always the option of stopping a world falling. Maybe the world needs to stay loyalist for an ongoing plan to work, maybe our boss hates the person in charge of making it fall, maybe they just want to establish us as a known force for good and heroism so we can get access to that shrine world and paint giant magenta cocks all over the kilometre high statue of the Emperor blessing Rowboat Girlyman.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Olanphonia posted:

We could "capture" you and drag you away, kicking and screaming?

THEY HAVE COME FOR MEEEEEE

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

If we were to summon a minor demon or two, would they survive being chucked over the side as distractions?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I was thinking the scrub tier one that summons Ebon Geists and random lumps of chaos spawn and poo poo. Just draw a little circle on the floor of the car, chant a few syllables of the name of a dead god, when a confused looking glob of spirits pops through kick it over the side before it even knows what the gently caress.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Werix, what is your opinion on a minion horde of servo skulls carrying hand flamers?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

How about this:

Camael, the Necron(?) Reaper

"Good, isn't it? A classic aesthetic. Paid for it with a bit of my soul I wasn't using. Not sure what it is, fellow I bought it from - DarkMech, probably working for an Oblit but wouldn't say - claims it's a man of iron. Cranial structure and neurolinguistic programming style suggests some sort of Necron to me, but if it is he's lost almost his entire consciousness. Seems to be an elite variety from the capabilities of the frame. The power scythe is an obvious recent addition, but he's pretty good with it."

pre:
16 wounds

WS (40) [8]
BS (10)   
S  (30) 
T  (40) [8]
A  (40) 
I  (20) 
P  (35)   
WP (20)  
F  (15)  

Skills: 9
Acrobatics +10
Dodge +20
Parry +10
Pilot (Personal)
Stealth 

Talents: 11
Assassin Strike
Crushing Blow
Double Team
True Grit
Swift Attack
Counter Attack
Sure Strike
Precise Blow
Whirlwind of Death
Weapon Training (Power)

Traits: 7
Unnatural Toughness (4)
Unnatural Weapon Skill (4)
Dark Sight
From Beyond
Machine (6)
The Stuff of Nightmares
Regeneration (4)

Acquisitions: 3
V. Rare weapon 1: Power Scythe
V. Rare not weapon 2: Cameleoline Cloak
E. Rare Armour: Flip Belt
pre:
WS     BS     S     T      Ag    Int   Per   WP     Fel    Loyalty
40(8)  10     30    40(8)  40    20    35    20     15       70 

Wounds: 16/16        Movement: 6 (Hover)
Armour: 6 All (Machine)    Toughness Bonus: 8 
Dodge: 60	 Parry: 40          Stealth:  60

Immunity: Poisons, Disease, Suffocation, Bleeding, Stunning, Fear, Insanity, Pinning, Mind Control, non-destroying-criticals not caused by Holy/force/psychic

Crit damage after armour and toughness reduced by 8 (min 1)

Weapon         Range  Fire   Damage    Pen   Ammo    Clips  Reload  Special
Pwr Scythe     ---    ---    1d10+14E   7    -/-      -/-    -/-    Unbalanced, Power Field

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

He's completely vulnerable to anyone vaguely psychic or holy, and he only knows how to target one thing at a time with attacks that will miss most of the time. He's fine. I mostly just wanted him to float around and mope at people while annoying admech.

I did have yet another option. It's an eldar support weapon grav platform with a reaper autocannon sponson from a broken tank stuck on it. It's called SecRon.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

You can reject him if you want, I will not be offended. I might replace him with one punch man though.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

On a completely unrelated note, there seems to be no way to get a pen score for your fists without using the Hammer Blow talent or the Warp Weapons trait (power fists don't count, obv.)

That makes it really hard to reliably hurt anyone with a damage soak of more than twelve. Scares the crap out of Guardsmen though.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Go for it.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Good thing I brought the Krak grenades.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Kidnapping sounds good if we can.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I think the free radio broadcast should try and convince them that we are in fact the distraction for something much bigger. Lure an inquisitor and a team of first-founding Deathwatch to a planet where gently caress all is going on, and then keep them focussed there for an extended period? Without immediately spending all our resources on killing some/all of them?

drat, those Dark Eldar must have paid us a fortune for this.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Ah, ok. Just call her out. Tell her to bring her underlings and we shall see who is the superior force on the planet through the time honoured method of good fights.

Which we will then "lose" so we can overload the generators out of spite.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I am planning to write something, but rush of work etc. It will basically be Boli firing a frag grenade and Nico floating towards them in the dark. Changed my mind.

goatface fucked around with this message at Feb 12, 2016 around 22:25

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Nobody else have any good ideas? I did consider 'proving' that she wasn't actually his daughter and was just an opportunistic gold digger from a rival family, but I'm not sure how we would do that. Some-sort of tweaking of the central gene-bank?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

As someone who can't use a bolt pistol (Boli has quite a few, but not that one. I considered getting him heavy weapon training and a heavy flamer at one point, but I think he was too weedy to actually carry one) and has 25 BS, thank you.

A suitable tool for shooting people while shaking their hand.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Hi, sorry, been swamped with poo poo. Will post shortly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Don't those require a talent to do?