Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
So this is the third iteration of the OOC thread for Rogue Crusade, my Black Crusade game that got a little Rogue Trader in it. I want to have an OOC thread since it always seems that everytime we need one, the old one is in archives because no one was using it.

This first post here is going to include everything about making characters for people making replacements.

-Point buy for stats, roll for everything else.
-You start with 5 bonus Infamy and corruption.
-Standard starting exp based on if you're a CSM or Heretic.

-You also get the following in addition to the above, based on the main mission progress:

Experience gained thus far: 10600 =2000 (great train robbery)+ 500 exp (Capture/kill Rogue trader) +750 (get the Tyranid)+400 (Phyrr job)+250(met Ra'tut'seh)+700(sororitas job)+2000 (House of Cards)+1000 (chaos incursion)+750 (Body retrieval)+1500 (necron Lord job)+1000(Battle of the bands)+500(secure the Ultra-wide Magneo-spectrum transceiver)
Infamy Gained: 54 =6 (great Train Robbery)+8 (Sacrifice Madison) +3 (get Tyranid) +1(wack a guy)
+1 (Gramsh kill prisoner) +3 (Phyrr job) +5(sororitas) +10 (house of cards)+1 (Chaos Incursion)
+2 (body retrieval)+8 (Necron Lord Job)+5(battle of the bands)+3(secure the transceiver)
Corruption Gained: 37 = 6(great Train Robbery) +7 (sacrifice Madison)+6(battle of the bands)
+3 (Phyrr job) +5(sororitas)+ 5 (house of cards)+3 (body retrieval)+5( secure transceiver)

Once your character is made, they also get certain bonuses based on what Rogue Trader position on the ship they are filling and their archetype as outlined below:

The Champion As the Rogue Trader:
-Normal starting skills and such for the Champion, except he also gets commerce trained as a starting skill. He also gets the Rogue Trader's
Exceptional Leadership Special ability from page 72 of the Rogue Trader Core.

The Chosen as the Arch-Militant or Void-master:
-If arch-militant their starting skills and talents are the same as normal starting Chosen but also gets common Lore (war)+10.
-If the Void master they get the Mastery of Gunnery Special Ability from page 72 of Rogue Trader core book.

The Forsaken as the Seneschal, Void Master, or Missionary:
-If chosen as a seneschal, besides starting skills, they also get Barter and the Senschal's Seeker of Lore special Ability from Page 72 of Rogue
Trader Core.
-If A void master, the Forsaken gets all starting skills and talents, plus Navigation (Stellar) and Pilot (Spacecraft) plus
either the Void Master's Mastery of Space OR Master of Augurs Special Ability on Page 72 of Rogue Trader Core.
-If a Missionary, besides normal starting skills and talents, The Forsaken gets Charm OR Deceive as well as the Lesser Minion
-of Chaos Talent, regardless of minimum requirements.

The Sorcerer as the Navigator or the Astropath:
-if a Navigator, the sorcerer gets Navigation (Warp) and Scholastic Lore (astromancy) as starting skills.
-If the astropath, they get the Scholastic lore (Cryptology) skill.

The Apostate as the Seneschal or Missionary:
-If the Seneschal, They get the Seeker of lore Special Ability from Page 72 of the Rogue Trader Core rule book.
-If the Missionary, They may take Minion of Chaos as opposed to Lesser minion of chaos, regardless of prerequisites.

The Renegade as the Void-master or Arch-militant:
-If the Void Master, they get Pilot (Space craft) and (Flyers) as well as may pick one of the Void master's Special Abilities on page 72 of the
Rogue Trader Core book at creation.
-If the arch Militant, they get one additional +0 acquisition at creation that must be used for a weapon.

The Psyker as the Navigator or Astropath:
-if a Navigator, the psyker gets Navigation (Warp) and (Stellar) as well as Scholastic Lore (astromancy) as starting skills.
-If the astropath, they get the Scholastic lore (Cryptology) skill and 200 more exp to be spent on starting Psychic powers.

The Heretek as the Explorator:
-The Heretek get no additional bonuses besides starting skills and traits

After creating your character you may get a number of extra items equal to you Infamy points that have a total modifier of -20, not -10, to make you more on par with the folks that have been getting stuff throughout the game.

:siren:What other house rules are there?:siren:

1. When it comes to the Minion of Chaos talents, you ignore the Charisma requirements, you only need to meet the infamy requirements. It should matter how bad enough dude/lady you are, not how well spoken. Do keep in mind that loyalty checks still operate as normal if you leave them alone, so charisma still helps.

2. So as not to totally gimp Nurgle psykers, any Nurgle aligned psychic powers use opposed toughness instead of willpower. This does not apply to corruption based powers or non-aligned powers, they still use corruption/willpower/perception/whatever.
-2(a). To the extent DoS matters, the psyker does not benefit from Unnatural toughness, as one psychic power of nurgle is literally to give yourself/increase unnatural toughness.

Werix fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Feb 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Second Post with more Lore stuff:

This post is going to be used to keep track of story things like NPCs and locations and such:

I-The Big Players:
Aethun:Alpha Legionnaire who has amassed a large fortune as well as well as a cabal of of loyal followers. The "owner" of the Abominable Sovereign and the Warrant of Trade he stole off the former owner; he has assembled the current crew to use the ship to engage in espionage in the Calixis sector.

A powerful psyker, and clearly daemon prince along with the others.

The Great Master: A Daemon Prince of Nurgle, he runs The Bog, as well as the collection of Hereteks known as The Scrappers. The crew finds themselves working with the Great Master at the request of Aethun; likely to spy on the Follower of Nurgle, but if so, he hasn't asked for information yet.

Jayden: Androgynous Pirate Prince/ss of the Ragged Helix. Has a very large fleet, and a giant grand cruiser/daemon engine as her capital ship. Really into collecting people stuck in stasis in their last moments of life, usually due to duels with Jayden.

Draeven: A daemon Prince of Khorne. Claims to be The Original Fallen Angel of the Dark Angels Chapter. Has only communicated to Hashim so far. Trapped inside an artifact called The Harbinger of Sorrow. Free of the Harbinger. Apparently has a deal set up with some Necrons to provide him military support.

II-Crew of the Abominable Sovereign:
Tibur: the ship's main comms officer. Speaks very broken Low Gothic. Has a habit of blaring twist music from the ship-wide VOX in combat. Great with the Augur array, but horrible at flying the ship's landers, though still better than most of the command crew.
Magos Uther: Former tech priest of Mars. Very territorial when it comes to the ship. Considers repairing and maintaining it as his territory. Sees Xanatova as a threat.
Mary: Technophilic woman who appears to be almost entirely augmented. Has indicated an interest in Xenos technology.
Getrude: Psyker in the astropathic choir. Very old. Claims to be a former daemonhost. Is the only person known that Aethun can "wear" without them violently dying after.
Vice-Captain Olivia: Former Imperial Naval Officer. Seems to be focused on the logistics of the ship's crew, as well as piloting the ship.
Oscarr: Former Heretek gunsmith from gunmetal city. Not actually a devotee to the chaos gods, but has no issue with making guns for them.
once per space flight (I.E. between planets/missions) Oscarr may grant a +20 bonus to any ONE Trade (armorer) test made by one of you OR he can produce one Best quality weapon of plentiful availability, one good of the common, one standard of the average, or one poor of the scarce rarity, of the Pistol or basic class, no melee weapons, no heavy weapons.
Tizzy:Young psyker rescued from an arbites prison train. Really, really, really into drugs.
Volcens: Astartes armsman aboard ship. Really deadly with a plasma gun. Cool guy.

III: Other Contacts:
Stephen Gramsh: Agent at the Third Sector Bank of Scintilla. Aided the crew in putting the Warrant of Trade into escrow at the bank he works for in exchange for some help in finding some associates.
Heston: Chemist on Scintilla who makes designer drugs for the nobles. Was inder investigation for "Warp Dust", a drug with slight warp properties.
EZEKIEL MADISON:: former Rogue trader Captain of the Blue Mist. Now a decaying blood fountain.
Nameless Marine: Servant of Aethun, shouts everything. Has total disdain for non-astartes.
Vervai Brodak: Current planetary governor of Iocanthos.
Ra'tut'seh: Thousand Son sorcerer first encountered on Iocanthos. Rather jovial, yet also aloof, but what Tzeentch followers aren't?

Under weapons, it has instead the following:

2 Pilot-operated Twinlinked Heavy stubbers: facing front, Range 120M (2 AU) Heavy, -/-/8, 1d10+5I Pen: 3, ClP 500, Rld: 2full Spcl: Twin-linked
1 Gunner-Operated Long-Barreled Autocannon: Facing Front, Range 450m (5 AU) heavy, s/2/5 4d10+5I, Pen: 6, Clp 500, Rld: 2full

The ship also has two forward facing weapon mounts (one under each wing) that can have something installed later.

Also on each side of the guncutter is a door that can be opened, and each door has a mount for man(or astartes)-portable heavy weapons. One faces left, one right. A player may take 2 turns Plus reload to mount/unmount any heavy weapon to the mounts. The weapon's stats stay the same except the clip size increases x4 as the weapon is now feeding from internal magazines/power supply. The mounts can only be used in low atmosphere (you can't open doors in space/high altitude) and any gunners using them can be targeted by called shots.

Werix fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Feb 15, 2019

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Okay folks, so I get the consensus, at least from those posting up (speak now lordkoth or forever hold your peace), you guys want to try talking your way through the front door, which will be interesting. Now do you guys want to ambush a convoy heading to the compound and pose as it, or just drive up pretending to be someone else.

If it's the later, Brodak can lend you guys a truck to use, and we can get to the being shot by the autocannons in the towers talking your way into the ghostfire stash.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Dyne and Govtcheese/ronwayne: you'll be introduced into the game shortly. The following information Is for Dyne and Govtcheese only!:

You two will be introduced once the players get into the mountain base ahead, so hopefully soon. Unbeknownst to the players, they are about to unintentionally gently caress up Aethun's plans. If you were too lazy to read the Important Players in my post above, Aethun is an Alpha Legion Daemon Prince of Tzeentch who provided the players with the ship. They are "working for him" though most of the players hate the guy, and he has, of late, just been having them work with other daemon princes.

Since he's Alpha Legion as gently caress, he never told the players that on Iocanthos he has been trying to put Seth the Voice (the warlord who's ghostfire stash they are about to raid) into power. He has also been trying to corrupt the Ghostfire. This has been accomplished by a Thousand Son's Sorcerer who's been chilling out in the mountain doing warp fuckery.

The both of you had also been nominally employed in either corrupting the Ghostfire or aiding Seth the Voice's efforts. For whatever reasons of your own, either you betrayed Aethun, or Aethun has betrayed you, having you imprisoned in this secret base, where the other players will find you. It is up to you how truthful you want to be with them as it relates to your betrayal.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Ronwayne posted:

k. What do i do about gifts/mutations?

Gift one: failed infamy test, then rolled 21, so you have: blessed fits, steel hearted, boneless, burning body, or chaos organ.

Gift two: passed infamy test. Slaanesh grants you a daemon weapon. I'll generate that either tonight, or some point before you get dropped in.

e: I will make one of your current weapons a daemon weapon, so nominate/change your acquisitions accordingly.

Werix fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Oct 16, 2014

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Ronwayne posted:

And blessed fits, because who doesn't want to ride with an epileptic jet fighter pilot?

You all are going to crash and die.

Daemon weapon:

Plasma Gun type:Basic Range: 90m RoF:S/2/– Dam:1d10+10E Pen:12 Clp:-- Rld:-- Spcl:Maximal, Overheats, gyrostabalized

Binding Strength:1
Traits: Lashing

Sorry, Daemonette's have a poo poo WP of 28, so your Daemon weapon kind of blows.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Gonna update here once Onion posts his actions. You're also back just in time Lordkoth, this turn Jolinaxas and yourself get to be dropped off, and will be able to post actions next.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Ronwayne posted:

I assume me and dyne enter stage left (or rather, sit on our rear end stage left) when this is over?

Stage right, but yes. As soon as these guys kill these clowns, which I don't think should take too long, and enter the cave with all the :catdrugs: ingredients, you and dyne will become available.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Waci posted:

Are they the ingredients? Also, can I have :catdrugs: ingredients?

That's what you've been told, that the cave holds a bunch of ghostfire pollen, which you are to capture for Bodak and if that's not possible to destroy it.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

MaliciousOnion posted:

Is the cave wide enough to drive the Chimera down?

You wish. No, the entrance is rather small, maybe two people (marines) wide. If it's storing a bunch of stuff, it was either brought in by hand, or maybe a hand cart.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Dyne and Ronwayne, you guys are in now! Feel free to post!

Beyond the stuff I spoilered above, you two also know this, if you want to share it or not:

There is a Thousand Sons sorcerer down there, which you knew. He has at least half a dozen rubric marines, maybe more, they all look alike, though you've seen at least six in one place at a time. There is also a squad of the most elite of the mercs down there, we're talking hellguns elite.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

MaliciousOnion posted:

Werix, you mentioned a gun cutter landed for medical supplies: does this have any in-game effect? If not, can someone heal up Lucien tia

It dropped off medical kits so someone who's trained (waci) can heal him. Otherwise you can tell him to stay on the gun cutter too.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Ronwayne posted:

Dash

"What he said, except with 'They took my guncutter away and now I'm stuck on this rock with no where to go'. Also I'd have to abandon all my stuff in lockdown, unless those fuckin' assholes pilfered it. I used to own a shirt, believe or not."
He taps his head. "By the way, what frequency you lot using?"

I let dyne know this in IRC but not you. Your actual gear is like in a crate outside the cell, so you don't have to go below and get it.

The shirt is gone, and as for the guncutter, well your new crew has one, with a new Chimera in the cargo hold!

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
I'm so proud of you guys just sort of doing all that socializing. From now on I might just not take dyne during recruit, but bring him in later for a little injection of life!

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Olanphonia posted:

I'm getting married this weekend, so I'll likely not be posting until Monday. Feel free to NPC me, since my typical attack strat is just to run at the closest man and hit him with my sword until he falls over.

Congratulations and/or condolences! Hopefully your more talky fellows will be able to avoid the whole combat thing, but I'll make sure to not set you on fire this time!

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
To address Waci question from the thread, the warrant is on scintilla with Gramsh. What you have is essentially a certificate of deposit showing that a warrant is in Gramsh's bank. Granted the certificate is proof of, And as good as, the real thing.

Technicality aside the certificate is on the ship, and yes the ship is in deep orbit. That said enough magic words have been said that the sorcerer will stand down.

Well mostly stand down. With the threat dash made, he's keeping his bubble up.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
So, I'm going to be in Vegas next week Tuesday through Friday for work, and for me anyway it doesn't make sense to start the assault on the SoB Convent before I leave, so forward action is going to be paused for now. Still feel free to fluff post about stuff in the thread, or crunch here in the OOC thread.

While we're at it, I would like some feedback from you players on how things are going. You still having fun? Are there things I'm doing well? things I suck at? Things you'd like to see or do? We can use the little break for that at least!

Things will get to your regularly murdering upon my return next weekend.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Olanphonia posted:

Still defintely really happy with this game! My slow posting has more to do with being not very useful for investigation (both mechanically and fluff wise)

Don't mean the party can't use your peppy demeanor! But yes I do understand that you and some of the other players don't have investigation skills.

On the inverse, i think this is the first time goatface has used cryptology too, so I think I have an equal balance of you folks having nothing to do.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Sorry, really been meaning to update this, but between working, house hunting, and now the holidays I've not had the time to devote to it. Good news is I'm on vacation starting tomorrow, so I hope to find the time.

As motivation to myself, if i do not make an update by Sunday the 28th everyone gets 200th exp, 5 corruption, and 3 infamy. If I make an update before then, you get nothing.

e: jolinaxas I totally understand your concerns. Part of the issue is you and malicious onion vie for the social stuff sometimes and in numbers he's often "better" than you.

But most of it is on me and where I've been sending you. I understand your frustration. I don't want you to feel like you've wasted your stuff. To give you an idea of what is to happen coming up, is as soon as you are done here, the game will open up. What i mean by that is you will have the choice of which of the daemon Princes you've met you like, and would want to keep aiding.

You could stick with one, or play the field. While the focus is still going to be on bringing down the Calaxis sector, much of it will be in the screaming vortex building forces up or getting supplies, so you can be your little special horned snowflake and interact with folks just as hosed looking as you m

As for having folks to command around, you've had a bunch of penal rejects and guns for like half a year, start training them and build an army!

Werix fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Dec 23, 2014

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Hey ronwayne check the stats on the Gun cutter in the second post on this thread. The auto canon is not pilot operated so someone has to man that gun, and everyone jumped ship.

Also I want to know if you're hovering and firing, or making strafing runs. Hovering will grant you bonuses to hit, but also make you much easier to hit. Strafing will make you hard to hit, but you can only attack every other round as you turn around to get in position.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Ronwayne posted:

I have the copilot npc, right?
Also is the gun also hooked up to the MIU system or do I got manually fire that?

If the answers are no and yes, having the copilot do the surpressive

Well I guess Tibur can be on board, though now that someone who's part of the command crew can fly poo poo now, he'd likely be staying on board the ship. The autocannon and heavy weapons mounts were more there so other players can have poo poo to do during gun cutter segments (which this isn't) and not for you to just order NPCs around doing. Consider investing in a Minion as gunner.

The dual twin-linked heavy stubbers are connected to the pilot controls via stick/MIU. Again, the autocannon must be manned manually, it's like the nose gun turret on a flying fortress.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
I super pinky swear that I will update today. So as not to flood the IC thread with OOC stuff, to answer goatface's question:

goatface posted:

If someone (Boli in this case, though someone with an actually good BS would be better) ran out of the gate and down the path, is there a vaguely safe place where he could get aboard the guncutter and man the autocannon?

Alternatively, could he just lock it in the forward position and pull the trigger whenever Dash swings the cutter in the right way and said "Bang"? With his eyes closed, while trying to ignore the G-forces.

There is a whole line of Rubric marines that would be a pretty safe place. The path is about as wide as the courtyard so Dash could land the guncutter. If you do that though Ra and his Rubric marines are also boarding guncutter because if you folks are all running from the immolator he's not staying there with his troops to get fried by the twin-linked multi-melta. So if Dash is willing to have the guncutter out in the open for a turn while folks load up, then sure.

Also waci, if you are reading this, I was mostly joking in the thread. Xanatova is still in the game. You can have had her chilling on the guncutter and have her man (woman? person?) the atuocannon for all I care. Just please post!

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Jolinaxas posted:

Okay, so series of mild inquiries that kind of piles up into one question.

So, the Immolator's going after R'T'S and company - that's fine. Makes more military sense than trying to steer their tank into a church.

That said, in order to limit the fire (and basically make it Rubrics vs. Tank, Us vs. Ground Troops), I'd like to basically enrage/provoke/goad them into going into the church. As per the Unholy Icon description, apparently just seeing an eight-pointed star on a chain is enough to drive some people crazy with rage, so Corvax is going to take one of the nearby icons or articles of faith, desecrate it in some horrifying, better-left-undescribed Slaaneshi fashion and then throw it outside. If everything goes to plan, faith will trump military tactics and we'll split them up.

So, is such a thing possible, and if so, I assume it would be a willpower-based Intimidation check?

I'll say sure it's possible, but it would probably take a couple turns to properly desecrate something to get their attention/ It would take more than spraypainting "Kilroy was here" on a bust of Lehman Russ.

Though to be fair, you probably got your priorities wrong. With their inferno shells with warp weapon, the rubrics just punch through power armor like it isn't there, letting them really gently caress up the SoB's while warp weapon doesn't help with vehicle armor. The power swords some of you have would have been put to better use carving up the Immolator.

But the plan is on you. You want to throw a desecrated statute outside, it's two turns to properly graffiti up.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
I just want to give you all a heads up. An update should be coming next week. That said, I close on my house on Friday, so February is going to be crazy with me moving, getting utilities (like internet) switched over and whatnot, so posting might be much slower than usual. Luckily I'm only moving a few blocks away, the bad thing is I hate moving and might drag my rear end on it.

I apologize in advance, and I thank you for putting up with it.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Hey govtcheese,

Looking at what has happened in the thread, and given the fact your guy's whole act is flying stuff, and I don't plan on making a guncutter available again anytime soon because this battle taught me:

1. The guncutter is way to damned over-powered when used in a role supporting troops (by doing like drive bys, not hovering obviously). The armor on it is good, and the range and damage on the weapons were obviously designed for use against other flying vehicles. So unless I'm going to throw vehicles into every encounter moving forward, or contrive ways for the guncutter to be limited (everything is inside and underground now), I think I have to leave it out.

2. I really want to limit the amount of other books from other systems I have to regularly consult, such as the vehicle rules from OW. Meaning I'm probably going to totally eliminate vehicles appearing in the future, or make it a rare occurrence just due to the hassle of breaking out rules from another system for combat.*

So given those two points, I could understand if you want to not play as Dash anymore. If you do, that's great, go ahead! If not, we can retcon Dash dying in the crash, I'll allow you to roll another character.

If the whole experience (understandably) leaves you bitter and you'd rather drop the game entirely, I'd hate to see you go, but would understand.

*this means expect many daemon engines in your future. Even in Imperial space, don't ask how, I'm not sure yet.

Werix fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jan 29, 2015

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Thank you dyne for putting it into words for me. The dice were really poo poo last night. Dyne's right, I consulted with him GM to GM as I was torn on what to do. I easily could have "GM fiat" the crit away if i wanted, and almost did.

Look the jink test was -30 due to vehicle size, and the roll to avoid crashing into a fireball was minus 30 too, meaning dash was rolling against a TN of 40, and as I explained in the italics in the post all those rolls and re rolls fell short.

I decided that I was going to let the results of the dice play out, but didn't want to let the cutter die in vain so did the epic ramming action.

It wasn't until after and I was going to post telling ronwayne "there will be a chance to get another cutter later" that I started assessing what role I want vehicles to play. In that extent, it is fair I open it up to you players for input. You know my starting position as it relates to vehicles. That said, there was talk in the past of you players making daemon engines, and that is still on the table. But I will hear your opinions on vehicles.

My biggest issue is a 45 wound 40 armor flying machine with a gun that can hit stuff from a thousand meters away is going to dramatically change the way I run combat so that it isn't wrecking everything and the other players got nothing to do.

But I do not appreciate the allegations of "GM fiat" and constant triple questioning of dice rolls whenever negative events in combat happen. The worry of a ton of probing questions make me dread doing combat more than I already do.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Okay, so important things are afoot. First off, where the game goes from here:

You have now all reached the point where the major players have been introduced. I now want to open it up as to who you wish to work with. What this means is who you side with is now up to you. That does not mean you make an irrevocable choice this minute as to who you want to work with, but you can now choose who you want to deal with. Think Aethun is a fuckass? You can leave Vire right now without meeting him and go do stuff for the Master. Do a mission for the Master and not like it? Go do one for Jayden then.

You can play the field if you want. Do know that eventually your actions will alienate certain of the four Chaos Lords, as they will be having you gently caress with each other, but you can sort of shop around before you decide who you like. Want some help deciding who to go too? I'll give you an idea of what the missions for each are going to be like.

1. Aethun: His missions will very much stay with the "Espionage in the Imperium" theme. He will have you dropping agents off on Imperial worlds, assassinating Imperial Officials, instigating rebellions; the standard Alpha Legion stuff. There will still be the fair share of combat, but there will be a focus on non-combat stuff. Also the one employer that will have you fighting the most Imperials.

2. The Great Master: His missions are going to be split down the middle. Half the time will involve you going and testing out his plagues on either Imperial worlds or worlds in the Vortex, so infiltration will play a role. The other half of the time will be sending you to gather rare components to make his plagues better. He is the force most likely to have you going up against xenos, like collecting more Tyranid juice, or stealing toxins from Dark Eldar.

3. Draeven: Draeven is the guy you want to go with if you want to just kill stuff. Many of his missions are going to be in the Vortex, killing the leaders of various armies so he can claim them for himself, though some missions will be aimed at weakening military targets in Imperial Space. You are going to be fighting a lot more Chaos Forces doing missions with him, though Imperial and Xenos isn't out of the question.

4.Jayden: Jayden will be the grab bag. She will send you after targets of opportunity both in the Imperium and the Vortex. Expect attacks on imperial shipyards or offing rival Pirate Captains. He will also send you on missions (like the one you were just on), purely for his amusement. He will be the one to ask you to go and crash a noble's party and spike the punch, or go fight some space marines, with bonus points for doing it without power weapons sort of thing.

I want you all to decide in character who you want to take the next mission from. Consensus is desired, but I will go with a majority if there is a deadlock. Remember, just because you pick to work with the Khorne aligned person doesn't mean you can't go shooting warp fire at folks and nurgle farting on them. Pick who you've liked so far and whose mission types sound interesting.

Second order of business, advanced archetype time!

If my math is correct, each of you should have gained at least 4600 exp, you may have more including your starting exp and any individual achievement bonus EXP you have gotten. Since you are all at that rank, I am allowing you to retcon your character into an advanced archetype from the fluff books. This is not an invitation to remake your character; your character concept and history stays the same, your alignment stays the same, everything else stays the same, but your numbers change.

Hey Werix, I want to be an advanced archetype, what do I do? Glad you asked other werix! if you want to be an advanced archetype, then you must pick an archetype that currently meshes with your current character. What that means is that it is the same alignment, or starts unaligned; if the later case we will assume an alignment shift. They must be the same race, obviously. They must have a related nexus to your current character. If your current character is a psyker, whatever advanced class you take must be a psyker as well.

Instead of giving you a bunch of examples of what I will and will not allow, just post in here going, "Werix, I want to be a Pirate Princess" and I will either give you a thumbs up or down. If I give a thumbs down, you may argue your case and I'll hear you out, but my final determination does stand. If I give you a thumbs up, do the following:

1. Look at your current Character sheet, shed one last tear.

2. Your motivation, disgrace, etc remains unchanged.

3. Go to your stats. Keep your original point buy disbursement on stats. Now is not the time to swap around your WS and BS.
3.1. Remove any state advancements you have bought, they're gone now.
3.2. Remove any bonus your old archetype gave you (for example the +5 fel the apostate gives you)
3.3. Factor in any bonus your new archetype gives (like the +5 WP and Fel of a 1k sons sorcerer)

4. Your corruption and infamy remain unchanged!. Do not add additional corruption and infamy from your new archetype

5. Skills and talents: zero out any skills and talents you have bought. You should only have your race (marine or human) skills and talents plus what your new archetype adds. If this means you loose a minion, you loose a minion.

6. Psyker stuff: If you're a psyker you loose any powers you currently have, you'll have to rebuy them. If your new archetype has a lower psy rating than what you have now, you are stuck with it!

7: mutations and gifts. These stay the same as they currently are.

8. Equipment. Keep all your current equipment. Do not take anything from the advanced specialty unless it is something that the specialty gives you an exotic weapon training for (like q'sal weapons, plague knife for plague marine, etc)

9. Spendable experience: Take your current EXP total. If you take a marine advanced archetype subtract 3600 from it. If you are a human advanced archetype, subtract 4600. Whatever is left is your's to spend.
9.1. Since I said your alignment stays the same, it stays the same, even for the purposes of spending exp at this stage.

Werix, what if I don't want an advanced archetype? That's cool, stick with yo bad self.

Werix, what if I want one in the future? You can have one. There might be many reasons you might not want one. Maybe you want more EXP to spend, maybe you're not the appropriate alignment yet, whatever. You can stay with your current character, and whenever we have a down time inbetween adventures you may change then.

Werix, once I change, can I go back later? No! The decision to go with an advanced archetype is a permanent one, so think carefully.

Werix, about that guncutter... That's open for discussion. I forgot you guys do have that Chimera still. Future fliers, other vehicles and daemon engines are still up for play, but a replacement isn't going to appear next mission, and before it does I want to sort of discuss how we're going to handle things, especially with a flier and the ranges it operates at combined with not being able to wack it with a power sword.

Once everyone has indicated if they are going to change archetypes or not, and you've decided (in the IC thread) who you're taking your next mission from, I will update.

Werix fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jan 29, 2015

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Olanphonia posted:

Werix, that mission put me up to 32 corruption and 52 Infamy, which crosses the mutation threshold. Would you mind rolling up what it is so I can put it in my IC post when I make it?

That I can do in the morning before getting coffee in me!

Infamy roll was a 50 (just made it) so you get a gift o' Khorne.

You rolled a 42 so you get:

Olanphonia posted:

1. I'll pass. Normally I would, but I don't think it would be appropriate for this character.

A daemon weapon! I'll roll the stats up later this weekend for you, but it will be a bloodletter, and it will have a binding strength of 1( the same as govtcheese's daemon weapon gift), and the bloodletter has a WP of 32, so it will have two abilities. If you want it to be in one of the weapons you currently have, let me know, otherwise we can put it in one of the chainswords you guys found in the Sororitas armory; which I think would be fitting, if I say so myself.

Whatever you pick you can fluff it, but I think it having been an offer on the pile of Dialogos skulls in the cathedral would be fitting.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Olanphonia posted:

Ha! Quite the irony. Well, I'm quite attached to my power sword, to be honest. I had originally planned on elevating it to a legacy weapon, but this works too. The pile o' skulls and altar o' blood idea is a good one, so I'll run with that. I'll post something tonight or tomorrow morning and I'll try and hop in IRC in case anything comes up.

I'm out of town until Sunday, so no big rush, though feel free to fluff if you want.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Lord Koth posted:

After some consideration I am probably going to switch Hashim to Veteran of the Long War, but post will be delayed as I've just got done with a long drive today.

I hear you on that, though my drive (2 hours) probably wasn't as long as yours, but still. I'm assuming for "The Eternal Enemy" special ability, you'll be picking one from Khorne berserker, given your alignment? That's fine by me.

goatface posted:

If I buy Greater Minion, can I trade in my role-boosted lesser minion for (rank 1 talent equivalent) 250 xp?

Page 138, the "Improving Minions" section indicates that you can discard a minion talent and credit the exp towards a higher exp level of minion, and I'm fine with that.

Lastly, for Olanphonia's daemon weapon. Below are the stats of his Power sword taken from his last combat block with the bonus dam and pen of the weapon:

1d10+8E Pen:8 Spcl:Power Field, Balanced

Your minion has a binding strength of 1. The rules on page 201 indicate that the weapon gets one ability for each point of the daemon's willpower bonus, minus binding strength. The bloodletter has a Willpower of bonus of 3, so you get two abilities. I'll roll one on the unaligned table, and one on the Khorne Table.

Unaligned is: Piercing. Whenever it does critical damage (and I'll assume that means on Zealous Hatred too) the weapon deals damage equal to the daemon's Willpower, so 3. That means at minimum on crit/ZH damage, you're rolling a 4, so not bad.

Khorne is: thirsting. you inflict a level of fatigue for each hit that does wounds. Expect a lot of fainting enemies in your future.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

MaliciousOnion posted:

I should get off my butt and do some posts.

Please do. Someone needs to lead the discussions concerning:

A) who you all wish to work for and
2) if you're letting Ra go.

Number two is only an issue because some of you were concerned about his reward, otherwise he'd just be getting off here.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Waci posted:

Suggested stats for house-ruled rapiers:
Rapier: Melee, 1d10-1 R, Pen 2, Balanced, Duelling Weapon, 1 kg, Scarce
Power Rapier (Human): Melee, 1d10+3 E, Pen 7, Power Field, Balanced, Duelling Weapon, Weight 2 kg, Extremely Rare
Power Rapier (Legion): Melee, 1d10+4 E, Pen 8, Power Field, Balanced, Duelling Weapon, Weight 4 kg, Near Unique

New quality: Duelling Weapon
When using a weapon with this quality, the penalty to attack tests made using the Counter Attack talent is reduced to -10.

Remove the New quality, and no way is there going to be a legion sized rapier, otherwise I'm fine with what you have.

When it comes to making new weapons, it'll be a trade (armorer) test modified by availability and craftsmanship. So if you want a best quality very rare item it is -40 to the test. Weapon upgrades and downgrades effect availability as a normal infamy requisition test.

Tests will also be extended tests. The number of extended tests will be based on final rarity (rarity + mods). Anything scarce or more common can be done with one extended test. Anything rare or more is an extra extended test beyond scarce; so rare is 2 extended tests, very rare 3, extremely rare 4, etc.

Questions?

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Guess I didn't understand what an extended test is. I guess that's the number of DoS you need to get. That being said, all weapons start with needing 8 DoS, with an addition 2 DoS for each rarity beyond scarce. So Rare is 10 total DoS, Very rare 12, etc.

It takes a full week for each test, be it weapon or armor.

Yay for using obscure rules that no one else ever uses!

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Lord Koth posted:

After some consideration I am probably going to switch Hashim to Veteran of the Long War, but post will be delayed as I've just got done with a long drive today.

Game not forgotten, but waiting on this to occur. Haven't actually done the math to see if we have a consensus on who to work for next.

Side note, I will be finishing off my move and will essentially be without internet Saturday through Monday evening, so there will not be an update from me during that time.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Okay, combing through the posts to see who got the most votes for your next job. Since most of you did an "either or" pick, I counted each one as a vote:

Aethun: II
Great Master: II
Draeven: I
Jayden:I

Alright, that is the total without votes from MaliciousOnion, waci, ronwayne, or dyne, and keeping Jolinaxas neutral. Lets Narrow it down to either Aethun or The Great Master. We'll do "Sudden Death" in which you have until the end of day Thursday to each of you vote for one or the other, and whomever has the most points is it.

Remember, this isn't a long term commitment, you can always go with someone else next mission, until you do eventually get to a "turning point" with one or more of them.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Okay Aethun for now. Will try to get update done this weekend, depends on how exhausting going back to the apartment and cleaning it is.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Ronwayne posted:

Take your time hoss, I've done enough one man, or near-one man moves to know how that feels. I also didn't have to deal with yankee winter.

I've been moved in since last weekend. I just have to give the old place a spit shine.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Sorry for the slow post schedule. I kind of got thrown into doing an expedited appeal before the tribe's Supreme Court on an election matter, so I had been doing a lot of long nights the past two weeks, but I had the oral argument today, so things should be normalish now.

Plus I have been waiting to give dyne a chance to post yet. I plan to update early next week, with or without a shopping list from dyne.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
So, is there any information you yokels need to post, or has everyone just been kinda busy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Now I kinda feel like a dick.