Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Pretty much the only reason I'm leery of getting a new computer (high time to get a new one) is because all the stuff that on it, all over the HDD. While in actuality the only things I really need to save are camera pics and vids I would like a service that will make it easy for me to see what's important and where everything is, and to shove all that on the cloud where I can get at it easily without needing to transfer everything at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Mr.Radar posted:

Are there any decent alternatives to CrashPlan? I'm really pissed at their terrible software right now. My old external hard drive is on its way out (I was getting lots of read errors) so I did a full restore of it from their servers to my internal hard drive and then added that restored version to my set of backup folders while my external drive was unplugged. Apparently this was a huge mistake because it marked all the files that used to be on my external drive (800 GB worth) as deleted and isn't detecting the files I restored to my internal drive as duplicates of files I already had backed up. So I have to burn 3 weeks and 800 GB of bandwidth re-uploading all my poo poo that's already on their servers. :suicide:

Would this help? http://support.code42.com/CrashPlan/Latest/Configuring/Adopting_Another_Computer

• Locked thread