Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

oatgan posted:

Great White Hope didn't go into details but the "shenanigans" that cost Roode the title against Angle was Kurt putting his feet on the ropes for leverage while Bobby also had his arm under the ropes for a rope break.

I actually forgot if it was grabbing the ropes or grabbing the tights, and didn't care enough to check.

Either way it was the kind of gently caress finish you'd expect on TV, not the main event of the biggest show of the loving year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I'm trying to figure out who Angle reminds me of in that picture. Hank Hill's father?

Uncle Fester?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
George "The Angle" Steele.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

I'm trying to figure out who Angle reminds me of in that picture. Hank Hill's father?

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Any news on if TNA got a tv deal yet? Wasn't there an announcement planned for today?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

facebook jihad posted:

Any news on if TNA got a tv deal yet? Wasn't there an announcement planned for today?

lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DEA Agent Hank Schrader?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Endorph posted:

DEA Agent Hank Schrader?
I could actually hear him say "Jesus Christ, Dixie!" every time she announces something.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Check out Tazz's tantrum towards Busted Open Radio over not talking about Roode's big title win:
https://twitter.com/OfficialTAZ/with_replies

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

rovert posted:

Check out Tazz's tantrum towards Busted Open Radio over not talking about Roode's big title win:

Deleted?

E: link was just broken on safari

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

rovert posted:

The last TNA champion, and he goes out with a whimper.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

gently caress those h'core niche lovefests.
*Uses ex-ROH talent to try to sign more ROH talent*

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

I guess Taz hasn't heard...

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what if Taz actually prefers the TNA product to Ring of Honor. is that possible

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

epitasis posted:

what if Taz actually prefers the TNA product to Ring of Honor. is that possible

no

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
I wonder when TNA goes down if Taz will listen to his old theme music for the flatline.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

hell of an iceburn by splashwater

ThatCguy
Jan 19, 2008

So, Taz. The guy who was on both WWE ECW reunion shows, who's done all the TNA ECW-wannabe shows. Who cut a full on ECW promo with Tommy Dreamer at the tapings in August, who has a picture of himself with the ECW belt as his twitter pic, is ripping on "hardcore" fans.

Makes sense.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Pointing out that your show has TV and yet can't draw as much as a h'core niche lovefest is an interesting strategy.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Gonzo McFee posted:

Pointing out that your show has TV and yet can't draw as much as a h'core niche lovefest is an interesting strategy.

His contract was up, WWE showed no interest, so I guess he figures "gently caress it, I'll be with this company until it goes under. I might as well say and do anything, even if it makes no sense. Dixie's the only one willing to hire me, after all."

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Gonzo McFee posted:

Especially when your show doesn't -actually- have TV, they're just getting a few pity broadcasts because their former network feels bad.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

Liquid Communism posted:

Especially when your show doesn't -actually- have TV, they're just getting a few pity broadcasts because their former network feels bad.

This is the most hilarious thing. They don't even HAVE a tv contract, they are literally a charity case.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Bad news for TNA's much vaunted (but misleading) claims of rating dominance in the UK. The second run of Smackdown is now no longer behind the Sky Sports paywall, and is on Sky one, a channel with the same level of access as Challenge.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Skinty McEdger posted:

Bad news for TNA's much vaunted (but misleading) claims of rating dominance in the UK. The second run of Smackdown is now no longer behind the Sky Sports paywall, and is on Sky one, a channel with the same level of access as Challenge.

Nah you can get Challenge on basic freeview, you need Sky for Sky one.

Still probably going to be bigger than Impact, mind.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Taz called in:
https://soundcloud.com/user541433172/taz-on-bustopen

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Taz is a huge baby and even when they address his unimportant criticisms he doesn't back down lmao

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Taz is a homophobic misogynist relic of everything bad about wrestling in the era he claims was so great. He belongs on TNA.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

On the other hand he said some funny things on Smackdown sometimes.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

wanker what is that, like a goof?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

"Wanker" = "jerk off"

• Locked thread