Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer
Not sure how many people use eMusic on here, but I've been using it off and on for years now. However, they've recently (and suddenly) decided to drop all of their major labels from the service and return to indie music only. Which would be fine, but they are not changing their price structure to reflect the change. Between that and half my saved for later list getting wiped out I think I'm done with eMusic.

Anyway anyone have any recommendations on a good DRM free alternative? Preferably with a good mix of indie, and mainstream stuff. Am I stuck using Amazon, or (taking it up the butt on pricing with :barf: ) iTunes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puffins
Apr 29, 2009
Spotify?

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer
They don't sell mp3's there do they? I thought that was more of a monthly pay to play thing.

Liam Emsa
Aug 21, 2014

Oh, god. I think I'm falling.

HappyHelmet posted:

Am I stuck using Amazon,

What's the problem with Amazon?

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

Liam Emsa posted:

It's a bit expensive. Not as bad as iTunes, but before eMusic changed their selection I was getting stuff for $2-3 cheaper than Amazon.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

How much music are you buying per month? Maybe a $10/month subscription like google play would be better for you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

Liam Emsa posted:

For music they use a VBR compression, and depending on your setup, this can sound like poo poo.

• Locked thread